Do you want zerg/protoss hybrid units to be part of the zerg?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by pajamasalad, Sep 23, 2007.

?

1. Yes I would like the zerg to have protoss/zerg hybrids as part of their units.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No I want the zerg/protoss hybrids to be part of the campaign only.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by pajamasalad, Sep 23, 2007.

1. pajamasalad

pajamasalad New Member

Assuming the zerg/protoss hybrid is gonna be part of the story which is probably true. Would you like units, that are part of the zerg army, be these zerg/protoss hybrids or would you rather keep the hybrids in the campaign only.

2. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

I think you misunderstood the hybrid (or I misunderstood it). The hybrids cannot be controlled by Kerrigan and thus are more dangerous without any controller

3. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

Lore-wise, sure. But if Blizzard wants to put in the Zerg/Protoss hybrids as part of the Zerg army, all they have to do is say that in the past 10 years, the Zerg hyperevolution DNA has increased Kerrigan's power so much, that she can now even infest some of the less mentally-strong Protoss. (Read: Zealots)

Regardless, I strongly hope that the Hybrids are only part of the campaign mode. We already have the Terrans and the Protoss, we don't need to give the last remaining race humanoid units. Keep the Zerg their distinct, feral selves.

4. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    So if Kerrigan carries on controlling the Zergs she could be unstoppable?
    Putting the Zerg/protoss /Hybrids is a bad idea in my opinion, because the Hybrids are a different race and not only that this kind of idea could upset the fans :'( but it is an interesting idea

5. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

the Hybrids are a Xel'Naga creation,it would make no sense at all to have them as Zerg units.or do you think the Xel'Naga would create things mind-controlable on purpose ??i just don't see this happening,really

but hey,i am positive you will be able to control the Hybrids using the world editor(or whatever the new map editor is called)

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Hybrids have actually been genetically engineered by the Infested Samir Duran through his splicing and manipulating of the genetic material of Zerg and Protoss specimens. They were NOT created by the Xel'Naga. Even if Infested Duran's orders are actually that of the Xel'Naga it is still not them who have created the Hybrid. The Xel'Naga only created the Protoss and the Zerg.

EDIT: The Zerg still shouldn't have control over the Hybrid, because they haven't been properly assimilated by the Zerg, so the Hybrid should not be a part of the Zerg army. Unless Duran has 'designed' them to be under control of the Zerg, it makes about as much sense as the Hybrid being on the Protoss team.

7. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

i don't remember exactly what he said,but he said something along the lines of serving something far older than you(Zeratul).come on,he was practically screaming "i serve the Xel'Naga" when he said that.the Xel'Naga created the hybrids...

8. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

maybe it was an unknown faction and the Xel'Naga spotted the creation of the hybrid and prepared to annhialate the sector to counter them

9. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    But the fact still remains that, even if the Xel'Naga have ordered him to do it (which is still unknown), they did not help in the Hybrids creation. Infested Duran was the guy who made the Hybrid, and he has done it in a completely different way to how the Xel'Naga create races. Infested Duran has crossed the two races, whereas, the Xel'Naga pretty much just evolve theirs from scratch, because the Zerg and Protoss aren't crosses of anything. If the Xel'Naga had made a new race I don't think it would be a Hybrid, it would have been something they've been evolving and testing all this time they were gone.

10. pajamasalad

pajamasalad New Member

I goofed up then. I thought the reason the zerg went to the protoss was to take their genes and use it to evolve, thus making a zerg/protoss hybrid. It has just been so long since I played the game. I do like the conversion it brought up though.

11. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Zerg should have weak, fast producing units, but a protoss implant would make the too strong (and weird?)

12. Wrathbringer

Wrathbringer New Member

In no way should Zerg-Protoss Hybrids make it into competitive play, they would be much too strong to be balanced properly in the game, not to mention that I highly doubt that the Zerg would be able to mass produce enough Hybrids to see common use in the battlefield. Their place is in the Campaign where who-knows-what will happen, and they should rightfully stay there.

13. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    It's not harder to balance just because there's a different unit. There still shouldn't be a hybrid for the Zerg. Just doesn't feel right to be there.

14. TheOneInPower

TheOneInPower New Member

The hybrids should remain in just the campaign for now. They won't be apart of the Zerg forces because Duran wasn't working for the Zerg when he was making them.
    I have a powerful hunch that the hybrids will be campaign-only in SC2, but will become a completely new, playable race in the expansion. Kind of like the dark templar unit was to SC1.

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    They sound like they would make a cool campaign race but I like my zerg to be zerg

16. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

yeah just make them like the nagas in wc3 and it'll be fine

17. longlivefenix

longlivefenix New Member

the only way they should be included would be if there were infested toss buildings

btw i would LOVE to see an infested colossus ;D

18. DontHate

DontHate New Member

if they had infested units like that in the campain that'd rule. i loved how the naga were accually like a real "race"

19. Anansi_Tragoudia

Anansi_Tragoudia New Member

I actually think a form of hybrid units could work as part of the Swarm. I think it would be cool if there were IKerrigans hybrids and Samir Duran's Hybrids. With 2 genetic engineers, each could have completely different outcomes; Perhaps a very powerful Campaign set, Duran's; and a more practical Kerrigan 'brand' by IKerrigan.

The zerg are not a 'race' the same way protoss or terrans are. Zerg assimilate other races, and then produce units that way; every zerg unit (Ultralisks from Behemoths, Mutalisk from Mantis Screamers ect) we see was introduced into the swarm by that process. Infested Terrans and Infested Kerrigan are both hybrid creatures. The next step would be some form of larva produced zerg unit based on the genetic experiments the Overmind (RIP), or now IKerigan.

Unlike the other races, the Zerg are extremely subject to change. Technology can be changed while maintaining the race, changing the fundamental genetic structure of a race, completely changes the race :)
    4 years after broodwar, there is time for some experimenting. (why do people say 10?)
    besides what else is there for IKerrigan to do, talk to the hydralisks :p

20. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The problem with Hybrids being an actual part of th Zerg team is that they were not created in the same way that the other Zerg units were. We all know that Zerg assimilate certain creatures into the Swarm, like Zerglings from Zz'gashi Dune Runners etc, and this is how they are able to take control of them. However the Hybrids have not been assimilated, they have been genetically engineered. This would mean that the Zerg do not have control over the Hybrid. For the Zerg to have a Zerg/Protoss Hybrid that they are able to control they would have to assimilate the Protoss themselves, who would be far to powerful to capture alive.