do you think there will be any more main zerg heros?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Hayden351, Jan 29, 2009.

do you think there will be any more main zerg heros?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Hayden351, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

There aren't that many main zerg heros from what I know theres just kerrigan and another ghost who still remembers who he is from infestation(im not sure about this information its from starcraft wiki) do you think there will be any more?

2. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Well, there's also the special strains of each zerg unit, like the Devouring One, Hunter Killer, Yggdrasil, Kukulza (muta/guardian/devourer) the Torrasque, the Unclean One...There'll probably be some iteration of those tossed in with Kerrigan and any other notable infested Terrans.

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    No, because heroes need to think and speak English, neither of which can be done by a true underling.
    Kerrigan, cerebrates, and the overmind are special beings. Unless the Zerg assimilate a Terran or a Protoss during the campaign, no other heroes will be in the Zerg force.

4. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    what about Cardis the Destroyer and Zerg like that? Some individual Zerg had their own broods. Then again, I suppose Kerrigan got a bit paranoid during the Brood War as far as having sentient servants went, so who knows?

5. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    I always wondered why they named the special Overlord (Yggdrasil) named after the world tree in Celtic mythology...

And I think that they would have to put in some additional characters for the Zerg, especially considering that they're going to have 3 large campaigns...
    I think that they could have a well-intergrated strain of Terran now, evolved as far as the Zergling or other original Starcraft-type Zerg creature

6. Vampire

Vampire New Member

Canada
    The queen might become one cause she is like a main base defender.

7. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Who knows, maybe they'll have Roverlisks and other experiments our beloved crazy queen ***** has cooked up as part of the plot.

8. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

Then did you read about the part where someone turned into a cerebrate are something im not sure about it.

9. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

Potential heroes, without stressing the lore too much:

Queens. Yup, you read that right. If you read the baneling article at www.starcraft2.com you'll read how they were the ones to genetically engineer zerglings into banelings (that sort of job used to be done by cerebrates).

1) They're intelligent.
    2) Zerg can communicate telepathically.

Ergo... hero! Now just make the named queen(s) faster off the creep and you have a powerful hero unit.

Ethan Stewart -- a newly-created advanced infested terran. He was a pretty skilled mercenary and crook even before infestation, and he knew martial arts, so useful for those new claws he has. He's insane but still very smart and strong-willed. And Kerrigan wants his baby. (Literally. Read Shadow Hunters.)

Overlords, old queens and overseers are also all probably intelligent. (An overlord actually spoke in Shadow Hunters. It only said one sentence though. An "old queen's" thought processes were detailed in Shadow of the Xel'Naga as well.) As leaders of other breeds, they're probably at least partially sentient. Alas, none of these units can really fight, so while they can be characters, they'd make pretty lame heroes. Even Yggdrasill is basically a better dropship/farm.

Also, Kerrigan could give a few members of other strains a brain. If you follow maps like Mercenaries, they have intelligent zerg like Gilson the Evil (a guardian I believe) and in Mercenaries II was Cardis the Destroyer (we don't know if it was intelligent, since it never spoke and is now dead). And there was Zergrinch from Operation Claws. Alas, all of these are almost but not quite serious.

There was a terran who was absorbed by a cerebrate and then took it over "from the inside" -- his name was Atticus Carpenter, and he was the main villain of the StarCraft: Insurrection semi-official campaign. (It wasn't made by Blizzard, but it was licensed by them.) He's dead though. (He wasn't part of the Swarm, so when he died he wasn't reincarnated. Seeing how the Overmind itself wanted him dead anyway, this is not surprising.)

There has to be at least one other zerg hero (and Stewart is the most likely) -- Kerrigan can't soliloquy every mission. We saw that in Warcraft III as well. Each campaign there had one main hero, and sometimes no additional heroes: for instance, Arthas had no other hero between the time Jaina left him to the time he found Bronzebear, and in the first several Frozen Throne Night Elf missions Maiev had no extra hero. However, Arthas had a nameless captain to talk to, and Maiev had Naisha.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  10. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

In my last post I was talking about Atticus Carpenter I couldn't remember his name.
    The only way a new hero could pop up for the Zerg is only higher Zerg strains and infestation though you might be a cerebrate in Starcraft2.

11. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

Blizzard said the cerebrates are dead and gone, they won't be back.

The new player character system has you as the main hero. So, in Heart of the Swarm, you will be playing as Infested Kerrigan.