do you think America is advancing

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Ziar, Apr 15, 2009.

do you think America is advancing

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Ziar, Apr 15, 2009.

1. Ziar

Ziar New Member

i personly don't think so i don't think we have very much if not no mental freedom please post on this matter.

2. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

I beg to differ immensely.

Nearly every single technological advancement, particularly in the medical field, comes right out of the US of A.

And you only lose your mental freedom when you choose to.

Goddamn American America-bashers.

3. LoVeRBoy[E]

LoVeRBoy[E] New Member

Rocky Mount, North Carolina
    I feel that America and also the world is kind a in a stand still with its technology advancement.

Basically everything we use today in our modern everyday life was created in the 20th century....Sure the tech may have advanced a little but not much. There hasn't been that many new inventions in the 21st century, well at least no to my knowledge.

4. Ziar

Ziar New Member

we made thous advamceents in are prime have you ever heard of the law of entropi. now are country does not want advancement it whats to be happy and make money. for instace have you watched expelled it is a great little DVD that talks about the imposeablity of evelution. what does evelution have to do with advancements i tell you the the idoit scentists are making us beleve that evelution is true becouse they don't know what happened thus they make up storyes that sound good but when you work out the deatels sucks. this is becouse we are trying to convince areselfs that we know everything and if we know everything then we are the best but if we do kick it into gear we will fall behind unless the other contrys are further down then we are or so far down they can't get up. you know what there was a man that had created a matter changer and you know what no one listended to him. you know theres a little town somewhere in America that powers it's whole town with a mechinen that takes energy to get started but after that can run forever unless it is harmed by someone. my point is that we have no mental freedom at all. open your eyes man are whole contry is goning down the tubes.

5. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

First off: Entropy is a property of thermodynamic systems. While it's of great use to physicists, I fail to see it's application.

Second. Evolution is a proven science. As far as, and I quote you here, "they don't know what happened thus they make up storyes that sound good but when you work out the deatels sucks." LOLbible.

"you know what there was a man that had created a matter changer and you know what no one listended to him. you know theres a little town somewhere in America that powers it's whole town with a mechinen that takes energy to get started but after that can run forever unless it is harmed by someone."

Source or it didn't happen. And I mean something reputable (if you know what that means anyway), not Steve's Geocities page.

The reason this country is going downhill is trifold.
    First off. People are stupid. They don't check facts. They don't think about what they say. They've never had the concept of 'proper grammar' broached to them
    Second. The US relies too much on other nations. Its biggest export is, dead serious here, its garbage. The hell?
    Third. Buy now pay later thinking. It's f*cked America up.

My advice to you. Open your mind. Read before you spew. Learn how to type.

6. LoVeRBoy[E]

LoVeRBoy[E] New Member

Very true and it's no one else fault but our own for the condition that thing are in now....

7. Lotrfan995

Lotrfan995 New Member

U.S.A
    we may be advancing physically but we are losing our freedom of speech and losing our rights stated int he constitution. Second evolution is nothing but a man made not proven topic. the bible states that god created all things on heaven and n earth in the sea etc.

8. Ziar

Ziar New Member

all right to begin with i am sick and tired of people calling Christans wrong, also evelution is not yet proven also there is not a even little bit of evelution its a less beleveable then beleveing that the world was summed by the greek gods. Evelution it is fiction not fact. also its are foolish leaders that ruined are country some were good but lots wee bad.

9. LoVeRBoy[E]

LoVeRBoy[E] New Member

Dude, do you not know how to spell?

10. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Expelled? I fail to see how a movie that's created by a guy who says evolution says we were created by 'lightning striking a mud puddle' has any credible source as a science movie.

You obviously dont understand evolution. Evolution in no way states how life was created, it only states why there are so many diverse species of animals/plants on Earth. There is tons of evidence for evolution, billions of fossiles, and very few holes in the evolution tree. Scientists know how fast certain parts of the cells mutate, and thus can take 2 similar animals and figure out how far back they shared a common ancestor. What physical proof is there that a God made everything? An old book(thats been edited by humans many times I might add)?

And give me this source about a matter charger thats not on wikipedia or random blog. I'm pretty sure if it did power a whole city, there would be an article about it in a science website/magazine.

Yes America is seen as the most technologically advanced, but guess what, other countries are catching up. They dont have to mess with religion vs. science stuff, so thier schools can teach science unhindrered by personal beliefs. Look at Japan for instance, they have the most innovative building techniques and are producing items just as powerful as the USA can.

btw, I am Christian, but I dont take the Bible literally. Time/space dont exist for God, so "7 days" in the Bible could be billions of years.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2009
  11. Lotrfan995

Lotrfan995 New Member

U.S.A
    Evolution has yet to be proven and if your a christian how true is your faith if you don't take the bible seriously?

12. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Who says a Christian has to take the Bible seriously? The Bible says slavery is ok, as well as women are not equal to men:
    "a women is unclean for 7 days after giving birth to a boy....is unclean for 14 days after giving birth to a girl"
    "women must remain silent, for they are not allowed to speak in the church"

cant remember the exact quote, but I've heard of those being in the Bible

idk...in a way, I like to try picking my own beliefs apart :D

13. Lotrfan995

Lotrfan995 New Member

U.S.A
    you are correct but the bible is instructions on how to get to heaven by trusting Jesus. If you don't pay take it seriouslyhow will you know that these things are real?

14. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    that which things are real? men>women? slavery is a-ok? belief>actions? prayer will auto-get you into heaven?

I say actions speak louder than beliefs if you are a good person or not. And if God is truely merciful, he wouldnt send people to be tortured for all eternity because they didnt believe things happened the exact way his book says it did.

15. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Woooo religious discussions.

Don't do it.

16. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    sorry about that, getting back on track now.

I think the US is still ahead, but other countries are catching up and could easily pass us. The main one im thinking of is Japan.

17. marinefreak

marinefreak New Member

Australia
    One thing to the credit of America is that all scientific research (except military obviously) conducted by the government is released for free to the rest of the world. Hardly any other country does this and it’s the main reason technological advances flow out of America.

Even though America will not be the world’s only superpower for much longer it still contributes a lot to humanities progress as its culture and government instills positive propaganda towards independent thought and self determination as opposed to China's more nationalistic approach or Europe’s acquiescence and isolationism. This does not mean America is better it merely means humanity is allowed to progress itself faster through multiple mediums

@Zair
    While evolution continues to assist in breakthroughs in biology and medicine I really don't care if it is true since I would disregard Christian creation anyway. Especially since it would harm scientific studies into our natural world if scientists took creationism as fact.

18. Ziar

Ziar New Member

alright evelution only works if natrual selection aka darwinism is right. the funny thing is that darwin himself said that if any organ in the body was more complex his thoery would be destroyed.

19. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

You've got a nasty habit of making finality statements with no source.

20. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    back then, people didn't know about DNA(which was discovered by science, and is perhaps the greatest scientific discovery in mankind). Just because something is discovered to be more complicated, it doesn't disprove a theory, which evolution is. A theory can change, so with new discoveries, science can change how a thoery works to fit in the new evidence.