Diablo's Return

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by HuxleyStronghead, Apr 6, 2010.

Diablo's Return

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by HuxleyStronghead, Apr 6, 2010.

1. HuxleyStronghead

HuxleyStronghead New Member

I thought that Diablo died in Diablo 2, so story finished. But what if Diablo can't be killed just like that? What if Diablo who bears the title: "Lord of Terror", can come back to the land of the living by possessing them. Unleashing terror upon his victim, driving them mad, transform them just like he did with the wanderer in Diablo 2, and that way walk upon Sanctuary soil once more.

I'm not familiar with Diablo 1 lore. Also I have leaks with the Diablo 2 lore. But I just have to wonder who will be the victim in Diablo 3, if Diablo really can do such a thing.

I don't know whether the youngest of the 3 prime evils will be the only one who returns in Diablo 3, but I have a feeling that Baal and Mephisto are dead for good. *shrugs*

... which means, that "The Lord of Terror" has really a special gift and is the youngest yet most powerful of the 3 prime evils.

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

there might be something more ordinary, like, i dunno, the sacrifice of a thousand virgins at the altar of grim names or something like that. Diablo is more of a classic horror story like that, so large sacrifices can pretty much do anything.

3. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    So true... Though I wonder why it's always kill thousands of virgins, why not kill 1000 normal people? Lol.

4. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    well the story was the evil was consuming the world. in the end of the second diablo, tyrael (an angel) says you have done well but it was too late and the corruption was destroying the world. so he throws his sword into the center of the earth(it looks like it's made of stone and splinters like wood, lol) saying it will either destroy or save the world. i assume it saved it, considering there's a diablo 3, which i am very very happy about.

I think the world, in this, has been restored but where there is good there is evil so evil and darkness is rising up once again. i don't know how mephisto, baal, and diablo would have come back, though. unelss there's this sword of 'eternal balance' thing where since the world is righted, the terrors live again xD

5. SomePerson2314

SomePerson2314 New Member

the thing at the center of the earth that kuraikozo is talking about, is the world stone, Trael destroyed it. It never said what happened next, it starts off awhile after this happened. The world might of been saved but im guessing it was crippled in somewhat because of the loss of the world stone, and the damage to the world restored Diablo somehow

6. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    he said it'd wither restore or destroy the world. there wasn't any medium ground, according to tyrael

7. HuxleyStronghead

Virgins are supposed to be pure or something like that.

8. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Maybe the destruction of the world stone was like a massive universe breaker and we have alternate universe prime evils flooding in.

Because if it was sacrifice a thousand random people, people would never want to work for demons, considering they are sacrificable for awesometastic magix.

9. HuxleyStronghead

I hope I remember correctly, but my memory tells me that Blizzard once said that there is a good possibility for a Diablo 4, because the Action-RPG genre has lots of free potential. Which kinda would mean that Diablo returns in Diablo 3, dies and returns again in Diablo 4?

Though, maybe we won't kill him but just imprison him? That way of course he could later escape and make a Diablo 4 possible. If one could answer the question: Why not simply kill him?

... maybe because all of Diablo's power it is easier to imprison him rather to kill him...

10. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

or because that failed the last 2 times. IF diablo comes to life in this one.
    The destruction of the worldstone might just have made reality and the afterlife cross over

11. the8thark

the8thark New Member

That would be pretty cool. In an act you fight the end of act boss but you die not the boss. And your death sends you into the afterlife. And that's where Diablo is. Waiting for a soul to latch into so he can manifest himself in the land of the living again.

12. HuxleyStronghead

If? I think they already showed Diablo in the trailer. I think this is him:
    [​IMG]

OK, maybe it is a another high ranking demon, but talking about demons. Indeed none knows what are the consequences of the worldstone's destruction. Some even say that the arch angel Tyrael, got corrupted as well. But it is known that the worldstone, originally, was a protection against the burning hells and even the high heaven. Yes, even the high heaven. The trailer shows something falling from the sky. I believe it was from the high heaven. Tyrael himself had the order to destroy Sanctuary some time ago. Since they believed humans to be an abomination. They also could resurrect Diablo, though, I have to admit this may be a bit too far fetched. Hell and heaven to be working together in Diablo 3 with Diablo the Lord of Terror, as leader for human annihilation. I have to wonder whether the high heaven can control the after live and with that Diablo.