Diablo 2 on b-net 'Hack Items?'

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by EonMaster, Nov 2, 2007.

Diablo 2 on b-net 'Hack Items?'

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by EonMaster, Nov 2, 2007.

1. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Has anyone ever had issues with players using what are called 'hack items'?

These items give the players many abilities at the sametime; including auras, life increases, speed increases, and resistance increases.

One example of one I say was a grand charm that gave the holder all paladin auras at 30 lvl's each, and they are permanently cast simultaneously as long as its in your back, meaning all damaging auras are always in effect as well as all healing and resistance auras.

Other ones I've seen are boots that add +5000% running as well as other life and stamina benefits.

I've also seen people be able to cast the silk web that spiders use for slowing down enemies, and the ability to kill other players without ever casting a spell because of massive aura damage benefits.

2. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

You just can't let it go can you eon? Does it really matter if someone use "hack" items? I mean obviously it takes some of the fun from the game but just ignore them and go some where else, and I've made up my mind from what I said in spam land.

Burn it in a unholy rage!!!

Oh and by the way eon you should have put this under "other blizzard games" but it's not that big of a deal I guess...

3. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    uhh dude how is this charm making the skills lvl 30 the max is lvl 20 i can see going over a few lvls with an item helping but a whole ten lvls is just crazy you shouldn't play with ppl like that but speaking of really strong chars i can make my morrowind guy like a god

4. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    It was a good arguement and though it should would be more at home here in 'other games' rather than space junk's spam land thread.

I just want to see what people think about them. I don't like them, but that doesn't mean others like then instead.

Edit: about the charm, I'm not sure how people do it, or got it that good, but aparently there is a way to create your own items with its own abilities. And he said that was what he did.

5. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Did you notice my edit eon? You should probably get a mod to move this to other blizzard games, since thats where it acctually belongs but it doesn't matter that much I guess.

6. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    ok, i read it a second ago and will ask it to be moved

7. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    it doesn't really matter if a mod is so bothered by it he'll prolly move it don't worry about it otherwise

8. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    aw, I already sent the PM but didn't but that in there...however, I did say thank you for you time and gave both link and thread title as well.

I still can't figure out how people find or make those hack items though, it seems to add more manslaughter to the game.

9. Light

Light Guest

Dude, the only place these charms and 'hack items' can happen is open battle.net, and its nothing special. There everything is allowed.

10. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    I agree with Eon 100%.
    It's not fun if people use hack items to weild out some evil spells and beat the living tar out of you once you step out of the damn bloody town.

Example: before i quit playing because the game decided to be sexist and delete everything in my stash, including my hack items that i obtained, my horadric cube and all my runes+gems, i was a big Diablo II fiend.

I am a awesome necromancer, though I wans't as obsessed as eon, who got his guy to level 86. i was level 79, if i remember correctly. well, anyway, i decided to play online. it took me quite a while to find a place w/o some level 99 dude, but once i did i was beheld with an interesting challenge. some level 50 sorceress said "kill me and i'll give you aweosme hack items". well, i knew there was probably some catch, but i wanted to try anyway.

The sorceress stood outside town, and i stepped out to fight her. in two seconds,without beng touched of fired at, my character died, my blood, money and body, spilling all over the ground. It didn;t matter how many times me and the othrs ganged up, the moment we were out of town, we died. even summoning fire golems and blood golems and every kind of golem outside town did nothing. they died right as they were summoned.

I want to enjoy the game, and it's no fun if twits use hack items to gain advantages. that sorceseress even killed a lvl 99 sorceress who also had hacks the moment she stepped out of town. not to mention she was a jerk and wouldn;t let us get our bodies back, so we had to wait hours for her to get off, with the constant fear that the connection might die.

Hacks kill he fun, and I would have no problem with them if there was a specific place for players who didn;t use hacks, so you could actually enjoy the game. But alas, there is not. So therefore online play is a husk of what it COULD be.

11. Light

Light Guest

Right. Do you even know what you are talking about? Is this about closed battle.net?

12. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    No, it was the other one (forgot name and can;t find the disc, sorry). We have another computer here, and TCP/IP games were fun. Just me and Eon going through slaying Diablo on nightmare and such.

True gamers don't need hacks to acomplish their goals.

13. Light

Light Guest

That's open battle. net. Who cares about it? 99% of people play closed, and the rest just use hero editor to make some ultimate character with 'hacks' and then they duel.

14. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    True enough, but I played open just for fun.
    that's really besides the points of annoying hack items though. I'm jsut say they're brutally annoying, becasue even though "99%" of people play closed, there are plenty who play open battle.net, too. Of course, you're right that they hack the living soul out of the game, but still. It would be nice if you coudl be in an open battle area w/o hacked items.

15. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Hacks are anoying, which is why I never did open b-net. I just wonder how the heck they make those items. If tried every search engine, and I've got nothing.

16. Light

Light Guest

Its called Diablo 2 Hero Editor

Or, there are places where you can download already made 'hacked' characters.

17. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
  18. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    o_O did that charm say +7 to all skills?

That mail omg!

19. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    i think so.
    that's my stuff.
    But my stash got deleted D:

20. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Is that why you opened your stash, only to find it empty?

What was in there?