Diablo 2 and Dungeon Siege 2 very similar

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Gandromidar, Dec 21, 2008.

Diablo 2 and Dungeon Siege 2 very similar

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Gandromidar, Dec 21, 2008.

1. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    I thought that I would start this topic to discuss the smilarities between Diablo 2 and Dungeon Siege 2. Now the engine is slightly similar in the way of controls and also how the games look slightly similar as in the towns etc. If anyone else can come up with other similarities then it would be good.

2. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    There will always be games trying to mimic the wonder of the diablo series. Dungeon crawlers now are doing their best to imitate Diablo's because Diablo's was a good design that people liked. It's the same way every MMORPG tries to copy WoW

3. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    That is so true. There is this MMORPG I used to play called "Shaiya" and is most identical MMORPG that I've played similar to WoW. Has Alliance of Light and Union of Fury etc. Another game identical Diablo 2 is Dungeon Runners, which is pretty alike even in the way items fit in inventory except that its an MMORPG. I am thinking that Dungeon Siege 2 is better at the moment the Diablo 2...Its just a bit more challenging to me and a bit more fun.

4. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    Is anyone going to reply? :(

5. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

D3 is copying much from God of War as well. But w/e. I just want it to come out so I can play it.

6. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    most games that are similar to other games are just the usual low budget cash cows made by large scale companies *cough*EA*cough* trying to get money of the proven formula, in the same vien as movie-to-game conversions.

7. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    also, there are only so many ideas people can come up with. it's easier to copy or improve on an idea that has already been created than to make their own and start from scratch. It's also cheaper, too, because they know this design will work so the chance of making something flawed is lower. Game companies are out to make money, despite wanting to create something new. A game company, even if its sales depend on the people they make it for, is more interested in making money than making gamers happy. They want to get more money, hence why it's a business. And because of that, there are a million similar sequels to games, like legend of zelda, sonic, mario games, animal crossing, resident evil, etc etc.

So, it's pretty obvious why games made, especially games that are made by the same company, look so much like each other. Blizzard is already taking their sweet time, they don't even have a full first act done yet. Tis like, wtf, what have you been doing all these years? WoW expansions!? oh, wait.

but anyway, it's natural, we can only hope d3 outshines other games in some way and gains its own unique and better characteristics as time progresses. and seeing it'll prolly be out in 2011, there will most likely be better system stuff blizzard has used to update it by then.