Dark Templar Update on SC2 Site

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FLATL1NE, Aug 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Dark Templar Update on SC2 Site

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by FLATL1NE, Aug 14, 2007.

1. FLATL1NE

FLATL1NE New Member

Hey, I dunno if anybody has noticed this yet, but on the SC2 website, they have a link to a Dark Templar Update. Unfortunately, the page that this links to is not working correctly (as with all of the other pages with information on Protoss units). I figured that I would give you all a heads up. Hopefully the pages are up and running soon. Adios.

2. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I can't find it.

3. FLATL1NE

FLATL1NE New Member

Hmm that's odd...cuz I have a screenshot of the page (which is now down apparently). When i clicked it, it took me to the Protoss page for the Twilight Archon, but never loaded any of the information. It only showed the title: Twilight Archon, and nothing else :(.

4. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

hmm pitty, hopefully we will get it as an update there soon....

5. ArchLimit

ArchLimit New Member

yea same here. But the screenshot of the darktemplar is the same as the Ghost when it was back up awhile ago. It think there's a chance that it's a screw up, or that it's still being fixed.

One thing I noticed is that there is a "Forum" link next to the FAQ's now. I don't think that was there before...

6. MobileInfantry

MobileInfantry New Member

Hmm there probably just thinking of a story for the dark templar and all the changes done with them. It'll be up, hopefully sometime soon all we have to do know is wait. =/ As for the forum link yeah its new, looks like they wanted a forum specifically for Starcraft II instead of using the Starcraft Broodwar forum.

7. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

That probably means that it will be on the site soon. They are probably just working on the page. It's about time they updated. I want to see those Blizzcon Videos! (the non hand-held versions, that is)

8. Broken_Heart

Broken_Heart Member

9. DaygoWop

DaygoWop New Member

Nice! New Dark Templars on SC2! check it out guys! :thumbup:

10. IO

IO New Member

Yay it has a cape but i still don't like the double edge blade and when its attacking it just doesn't feel right....

11. Bizarro_Paragon

Bizarro_Paragon New Member

So, things that I took away from the new page:

1) Probes sure do look funny
    2) Observers, for some reason or another, open up. Maybe when they stop moving, maybe they have a new ability.
    3) Yellow Minerals!
    4) The Dark Templar have used their immense knowledge of the Void to produce technologically incredible fabric for their capes, capable of both looking incredibly stylish and easily passing through scythes as if they weren't there.
    5) Although I was hoping for a huge, sweeping attack animation for the DT, this quick one is sort of growing on me. But why even bother with the second blade? Will it be for an ability, or is it just aesthetics?

Overall, I'm pretty satisfied, though I think it's a far cry from what the Dark Templar were in SC1.

12. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I think the new Dark Templar looks pretty awesome. I can't wait to get my hands on a group of them and ravage my foes unseen....

13. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    The DT looks pretty cool, but I liked the old one better. Warp blades are better than scythes by far.

14. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

imo they should have whip like psi blades so they can perform sweeping attacks

15. Broken_Heart

Broken_Heart Member

The new DT looks good, but not good as the old one. I also don't like the way they attack.

16. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

The new look of the Dark templar looks bad ass. But for some reason the dark templar looks fast ass hell. Or mabey it's just my eyes, last time i checked the dark templars werent the fastest moves ever but in there concept art they look pritty quick and if so this only makes them more deadlyer and i'm going to use them a hole lot more!

17. Ryno

Ryno New Member

Im not feeling them.

Why is his cape whipping so much when he isnt moving...looks awkward.

Way too "blue" IMO. I know they have their psi powers and such, but the old one were dark and it suited their character much better.

More black, less glowing please.

This SC2 is really starting to look a lot like WoW (which I dont care for). Too much glowing and over detail. Make the templar dark and mysterious again! And wasn't their attack the warp blade....why not make it a psi sword of some sort instead...modeled similar to the psi blades the zealots have.

18. qOcOp

qOcOp New Member

i thought he looked gay the first time i saw it. but in-game he looks pretty cool. but the concept art sucks i agree.

19. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

i like both the old and the new. the only reason the DT's now look more armored is because with out the main protoss from aiur the were like ghetto hood rats with little machinary. Now thet they have access to armor there going to look the part. suited for war.

20. b0urne

b0urne New Member

i kinda like the idea of a double edged scythe, but he looks really fat to me. DT's are supposed to be skinny and sleek, not bulky. and yea, the "blue" is not doin' it for me either; transparency all the way baby.

also i've said this in another post somewhere and i agree with you: i hate the warcraft influence on SC2. warcfraft is great and so is WoW, but SC was it's own thing, and now its being tarnished!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.