Dark Templar Agility

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Protosscommander, Aug 18, 2007.

?

What can you say about the Agility of the Dark Templar in Starcraft 2 compared to the first Dark Tem

1. I Like the agility of the new one!

100.0%
  2. I dont like the agility of the new one!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Dark Templar Agility

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Protosscommander, Aug 18, 2007.

1. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

DARK TEMPLAR AGILITY
    [​IMG]

Very Fast

Invisible
    More Powerful

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2008
  2. Ych

Ych New Member

The new Dark Templar actually grew on to me after a bit. I was one of those people that didn't really like the new looks but after awhile, it just clicks.

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    ... and very weak I assume (hit point wise). I don't think they'll be widely used among skilled players for anything other than to annoy the enemy when it has no possibility to detect them (which will not be often)

4. Protosscommander

Ych9, im agreed too,i really hate the new looks of the Dark Templar also, its already good in looking if they did not put the Mask or something in the face of the Dark Templar because of this,, the Dark Templar looks Protoss hybrid (ProtossZerg combination) but when it comes to the Dark Templar Movement, Agility,, i really Loved it a lot. ;)

5. Wrathbringer

Wrathbringer New Member

Agreed, once I saw the DT in action I changed my mind about it. Though I'm still not entirely sure about the double sided scythe, the new DT is a very fitting replacement for the old one. The cape looks very nice but I think it could be a bit larger and more ragged to emphasize their almost barbaric look.

6. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

what cape? i thought that was a scarf

7. Darkmer

Darkmer New Member

This seems like a really cool addition to the dark templar. Gives them a new dimension that lets them hit hard and fast if the enemy doesn't have detectors or jump over for some bonus damage is they are doomed to death

Cool addition.

8. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

At first i thought its like wtf but as it grows on to me its actually good

9. Sagathox

Sagathox New Member

When the wallpaper was first shown (the one with the "purple" dark templar) i loved the look but hated the weapon, what the hell was that? id rather liked them with single blades, but after they released the videos in the homepage, damn, you just have to love the way they take down those marines and that poor viking! im for the new one, just to give blizzard the chance, but i hope they get a new ability, they need one, specially since terran now have those damn sensors all over their bases, so what do you think, any cool ideas?.

10. Protosscommander

Mr. Sagathox im agreed, isn't if you observed the Dark Templar weapon now it very similar to a Reaper, not the Terran Reaper, as in the real Death Reaper,, well i think they design this weapon in order for representing the Dark Templar is'nt Dark -- can be compared to the word Death so thats what i think...

11. DeathRot

DeathRot New Member

i guess the new concept of the dark templar

is to strike fast,deadly and bring fear in the heart of the enemy base it' suit the way of the DT and vanish wihout a trace

the grim reaper style suit the new DT like when i come to ur base i GOING reap ur soul

12. Protosscommander

yeah its too fast, good for the protoss. very useful.

13. TheFearless

TheFearless New Member

is this true?
    if it is, toss will be total ownage.

wonder what it will be for terran and zerg

14. Protosscommander

No idea what it will be for the Terran And Zerg.

15. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

The flash animation showing the Dark Templar in action was the final hammer into the nail for me. It just looked so beautiful seeing them rip those marines and viking into bloody pieces. Though it looks weird with the blue aura depicting it's cloaked nature, soI think they should just stick to the slightly transparent look of the old Dark Templar.

16. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

10yrs have passed since the reunion of the two protoss sides and for those long years they have tried to settle down their differences to vanquish their common foes and stand for their proof of life.... The elders of the protoss race have decided to combine their technological and battlefield skills thus resulting to the birth of a New breed of dark templars able to hypen their former sluggish movements with help from veteran protoss zealots who were able to master bending their psionic will increasing their physical ability to run faster, not only did they developed psionically they also managed construct a new deadly weapon AKA void scytheblade able to massacre organic or machine-like ^_^ ^_^ ^_^

I definitely like the new DT, they make them look more like dark jedis' froms starwars and they managed to boosten up their speed by an ounze.. but the player controlling a DT looks less fun compared if your an enemy of the DT.. but nothings final as was said, so maybe we'll see more changes :good:

17. FLATL1NE

FLATL1NE New Member

Haha so long as the DT doesn't begin moving like Nightcrawler from X-men (which would actually be pretty cool ;D), I would have to say that it appears to be pretty well-balanced.

18. burkid

burkid New Member

@ freedom, its 4 yrs in the SC universe.

im liking the new DT now that i see him cloaked. i was revolted by his uncloaked image in one of the magazines a few weeks back. and im liking how the double-bladed scythe is called a 'modified warp blade'. it sounds cooler.

19. Protosscommander

But all i can say is i really love the Dark Templar now in Starcraft 2.Nice job blizzard.

:thumbup:

20. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    The dark templar is a really good unit.. I can see myself using it...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.