Dark Obelisk

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by b0urne, Aug 29, 2007.

Dark Obelisk

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by b0urne, Aug 29, 2007.

1. b0urne

b0urne New Member

I'm not entirely sure of what the Dark Obelisk does other than allow DT's to be built. Why not give the building a lot of HP/shield and allow it to project a cloaking field much like the arbiter did, seeing as how the Obelisk is flowing with Dark Energy. This might solve the "New Defence Structure" topic and having a building with lots of HP/shield will sustain it.

Also: Sheild Battery FTW! :thumbup:

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Yes yes shield battery ftw :) And I think nobody is sure about the role of the dark obelisk. What I think is quite certain is that it has a role other than to allow the production of dark templar since on the screenshots there are 2 or 3 in a bunch. It is quite strange for a unit unlocking building to have an ability in my opinion but... hey, units can now travel over cliffs, who knows what else Blizzard has up their sleeves.

3. b0urne

b0urne New Member

Thanks for your comment

On a side note, does anyone miss "hallucinate"? I mean, if blizzard is creating a separate building JUST for the creation of DT's; how about giving DT's an MP bar and allowing for research into the hallucinate ability.

Of course, this might be hella imbalanced: imagine ur fighting some Immortals and just like that, they multiply themselves (thanks to the DT hiding in the back that you had no idea about).

Sorry ppl, I just prefer hallucinate for the high templar, i mean, give that "force field" move to the stasis orb. It seems like that unit is useless anyways

4. manaplague

manaplague New Member

i thought the Stasis field would work better on the Orb i mean it's in the name. Also a HT without hallucinate is a bit sad :(

5. The Vision

The Vision New Member

Yeh hallucinate was a good move. However if it is taken out to better the next game im all for it