Crucio Siege Tank

Discussion in 'Terran' started by -LT-, Jan 18, 2008.

?

What Do You Think of the Crucio Siege Tank?

1. I love it! It's great!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I don't like the name Crucio.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. I don't like the new model.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I don't like the new tank at all.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. I want my Arclite tank back!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. I don't want the tank back in the game.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Crucio Siege Tank

Discussion in 'Terran' started by -LT-, Jan 18, 2008.

1. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Well, I like the new tank very much. It's great and I like the model.
    What about you? What do you like/dislike about the new tank?
    :gossip::gossip:

2. Ronin

Ronin New Member

Beware
    well im glad that assult mode is gettin a buff up the tank always seemed to fragile to me, come on it is a TANK after all.

3. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I agree, the assult mode for the arclite was too weak, it seemed like a downgrade to regular tanks.

I also like the new siege animation, the X-shape looks good. I don't understand why so many people want the old style back, this siege style is much better.

4. WuHT

WuHT New Member

The tank is obviously a lot more useful as a "cannon".

The only true tanks in the game are ultralisk, hordes of zealots, and matrix'd BC's <-- all arn't suppose to be great at taking out the enemy units.

5. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Will the tank be more powerful now when not in siege mode?

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Yes, just look at the almost doubled firerate. And the old damage was 30. The new damage is probably around 20 (remember the new damage system) , so it will rapidly two-shot rines and lings, making it a more than descent support unit early on, before you get siege mode or when you're on the move.

7. 11-Sodium

11-Sodium New Member

Anyone who has played me more than once knows I am a total siege tank nut, and I am glad that the tank is being improved in tank mode, since the only time I ever used it was for transit and to attack structures when I have lots of firebats around. The new design is cool, and the X-shape makes more sense structurally. I will still probably use tanks more than the Thor, because they can spread damage around a larger area in groups, not to mention the fact that they are more mobile.

Looking back, the siege tanks in StarCraft were mostly just artillery, not much in the actual tank form. I am glad that is going to change.

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I love the new tank, and as long as it's normal attack is buffed it will definitely be used in Tank Mode more. It still won't be used in Tank Mode in attacks/raids, but when in melee combat with Zealots, Zerglings, etc, it would be well worth changing them back into Tank Mode instead of keeping them firing at their buildings or whatever.
    One of the main things I like about the new Siege Tank is how it looks in Siege Mode. The old Siege Tank in StarCraft1 still resembled a Tank when put into Siege Mode, but the new one looks completely different. It looks much more like an artillery platform instead of looking like the same Tank with a bigger gun.
    Also, I'm glad they changed it from its original design. That first design looked as if it had pouting lips or something. The new design is much better.
    Who voted for 'I don't want the tank back in the game'?

9. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I bet it was someone who was completely loyal to the zerg race and hated seeing their poor lings being obliterated by the long ranged attack.

I like the new design for the siege mode. I don't see why some people absolutely hate the new design, it looks better than the old one.

10. Light

Light Guest

I kinda do hate the new design :-\ for siege mode. The cannon doesnt look cool or realistic, just kinda toyish with that bright green :bad: But the siege tank is my favourite starcraft unit, the reason why I play Terran, so it definetely needs to be back. The old design was just so classic. The normal mode is also kinda weird with the very fat turret :(

11. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Then wouldn't you prefer an Arclite as your sig?

12. Light

Light Guest

Well...the question lies in new and old. The answer is try both.

13. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    you know, polls like these would do wonders for blizzard if we made one large one out of all the communitys, really could give them a better perspective on to how we feel the game is going.

14. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    That's a really good idea actually. I'm surprised they haven't done it yet. They should really include it in their monthly discussions.

The new tank is great. I really like how they buffed the tank mode attack. In SC one of their biggest weaknesses was fast melee units like lings and zealots. Hopefully with the new attack it'll be able to defend itself better. But I agree that it shouldn't be too strong. The siege tank's role should still be for long range support/artillery, the tank mode should be there to support the siege mode tanks or thrown in the main attack force as a supplement.

15. Indigent

Indigent New Member

Well, I think that the new tank is awesome. Whoever voted kick the tank out beter be hit by one. :D And what is wrong with the siege tank? I think that is great and the new buffed up tank might actually be used AS a tank. And it might even have splash now. Well, if it wasn't then I wish it would.

16. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I like the new siege tank, the model looks great and i'm starting to like the X-form of the siege mode

17. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

I love it, it's great. But like everyone else has said, the Terran units and buildings should be grittier.

- My life for the Swarm!

18. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    I like it, but the normal mode looks cute. Doesn't seem very imposing, I could picture a Care bear sticker on it.

19. Mephisto

Mephisto New Member

That's very creepy...

But what's with the cannon barrel, it looks like a disk launcher. So unless it shoots disks...wait, maybe that's the difference between the two tanks...the barrel. because of you replace the barrel of the Crucio with the original, the only new thing would be that in Siege mode, the Crucio Tank has a six legged support instead of the original four.

- My life for the Swarm!

20. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    @Zergalicious. And that's called psychology. ;) The enemy won't bother to counter them until it's too late.

Maybe a little cute, but not much. The older model with the colorful barrel lips was a lot more "cuter".