Creep-based weapon/ scourge mutation idea/other

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by afterburner, Sep 26, 2007.

Creep-based weapon/ scourge mutation idea/other

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by afterburner, Sep 26, 2007.

1. afterburner

afterburner New Member

Ok, I really think that the Zerg should have some kind of creep-based weapon that is other than sunken colony. Here it goes...

I'm thinking that this could be some kind of special creep. You would mutate your scourge (or just a scourge ability) and the scourge would dive into the ground, effectively burrowing(perhaps even suiciding, but leaving a 'seed' of some kind). Once under ground, it would ooze, and spread a creep-like substance that would harm enemy units, and heal your own. The effect would not be stackable, so it wont heal twice as fast, if you have two of these suckers acting on the same area (this could be upgraded in tier 3, a double effectiveness or sorts). Medics might have the ability to counter this for terran, and drones for protoss (by creating some kind of psionic storm thing)

So, while attacking a base at a choke, you first send in your ground units, and while maries, goons, etc. are distracted, you plop these babies right over your own units, healing them while they are in battle, and harming your enemy. Or you could send them in before. You could also create a kind of healing oasis for zerg units to retreat to after battle. The effect of this special creep would only last 2 minutes, for example. You could also plop a few in the mineral likes of your opponent, damaging the drones, so, if the opponent doesn't do anything about this, bye bye drones, similar idea with buildings. Perhaps this creep could even clear bunkers, and counter protoss pylons.

If you dislike this idea THAT much, consider this one too...An upgrade which enables you to target areas on your creep. The targeted areas will temporarily either 1. disable enemy units, by enveloping them in creep, 2. produce some kind of gas, that will affect enemy ground and air units, 3. slow enemy units down. 4. act as a defiler swarm, when you have no defilers (1 charge per hatchery, with a reasonable cooldown rate)

Any thoughts?

2. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    i like the idea of healing creep but instead of a scourge burrowing into it it should be an upgrade from hives, and only creep attached to a hive will have the effect

3. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I like the first idea much better than the second one.

Sounds like an actually very balance able ability. Although it would need a lot of work as it's in a rough state....

Let's wait and see what happens with the Zerg first.

4. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I like the idea of an upgrade. Another option would be a unit or builing (possibly a new creep colony evolution) That woul make the creep have those properties just by being placed ther no 3 step suicide at the end .

Darkone black is hard to read on a grey background please use something that we can read.

5. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    i don't think black is hard to read on this background

it doesn't hurt to read it does it? sorry if it does

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I can read it on the lighter background but it is hard on the darker one. Just be wary of which background you are posting on

7. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    fine i'll be nice and not post in black when your around, but i'm not changing my sig.

8. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Hm....What if you're fighting Zerg?

9. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Maybe it has a chemical or genetic marker that heals your brood and burns the enemy

10. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    well i guess in that case it will only heal your units and do nothing to your enemies

11. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The Zerg already regenerate health faster when placed on their Creep don't they? No offense, but I do no think that these abilities suit Zerg too well. I reckon that Zerg should have minimal defenses, just the Creep/Sunken/Spore Colonies, and focus on offensive abilities and tactics.

12. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

What is up with scourges that people want to use them so much. Winglings/scourges evolution from Zerglings and now scourges for creep providing.....