Countdown to Zerg

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Overling, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Countdown to Zerg

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Overling, Oct 6, 2007.

1. Overling

Overling New Member

Ok, I'm sure that I'm not the only one who's been dieing to see the new Zerg, right? Well, I don't buy that gossip about them scratching the Zerg and reinventing it as a whole. When they decided to start making the site and release information, I bet they already had closed down which new units should they add. Specially after Starcraft: Ghost, as they wouldn't want the same mistake 2x, or the company's reputation would fall down.

SO, assuming they're going to update the site in almost every week, I put up a list of what's missing, now that they also added the Carrier:

-Observer;
    -Siege-tank;
    -Cobra (could use a remodeling, so push it to later);
    -Nomad (definitively needs a remodeling, so push it to even later);
    -Medic (has new skills, so i think we'll get a look at them before it's added);
    -High templar (has new skills to be seen, so perhaps will be properly introduced prior to addition);
    -Predator (top secret: we won't be told about how it's interceptor-mode work until later);
    -Stasis-Orb (even more top-secret: this and Predator I'm counting on being left till after the Zerg);
    -Dropship (c'mon, Dropship before the Zerg??);

Among the remaining units, a few need to be better introduced (considering Blizzard's usual behavior) and others haven't been introduced at all. All that's left is Siege-tank, Observer, Dropship and Cobra, 4 units. While we did see some of the Zerg, like the banelings and mutalisks, in the demos.

My point is: if Blizzard keeps up the rhythm, we should get a new presentation, with the zerg, in about a month. It would fit well the 3 months interval that Terrans had between Protosses introduction. Although they can still add structures as updates, and blow my countdown to ashes. :p

Bonus 300 minerals. This is the closest we'll get to being able to predict Blizzard's behavior.

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

you forget that we need replacements for the reaver and i doubt stasis orb is going to make it in the final

3. Overling

Overling New Member

Perhaps as replacement of the Reaver we could use..... Reaver! Even though, if it's something different, would still be left till after the Zergs are released, imo. We can only hope.

note: I agree to the next post.

4. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    I hope the statis orb doesn't get to the final. It's ability of slowing down units that are hit by it doesn't sound too Starcraftish, and the whole unit seems like a bad idea hurriedly added just to fill an empty space.

5. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

stasis orb is a piece of junk and needs to be scrapped, whoever came up with that idea need to work extra hard to finish the zergs, or he gets put in a cell with a zergling

6. -LT-

-LT- New Member

It's been 3 months between Terran and the Protoss!?
    Time sure does fly!

7. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

shouldn't it be a long cool down attack which statises the units?

8. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

umm.. you listed 9 units there, one per week will take 2 months, so don't you mean the zergs in 2 month instead of one?

9. -LT-

-LT- New Member

3 months maximum.

10. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

How about 1 year?

Somebody get the CWAL team up?

11. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Let's organize it!

12. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    well they could instead give us some buildings, but i doubt anyone would like that unless its like 2 or 3 buildings at the same time.

13. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

that's a great idea, you tell blizzard that :good:

14. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    i dont know if thats sarcasm, but i for one would get mad if they release the buildings one at the time, thats will be almost the same as filibustering.

15. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

sarcasm...?? hehe, you must be joking, why wouldn't i want more things to get released sooner ;D

16. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    your right, its just hard for me to recognize sarcasm on these threads. much easier in real life.

17. Overling

Overling New Member

No, I really meant 1 month: since Blizzard usually introduces every unit before adding it to the site, that only leaves about 4 that hasn't been added: Siege-tank, Cobra, Observers (don't really need an introduction) and medic (I suppose).

High templar has new skills, so an introduction is pending. Predator, Nomad, High templar and perhaps S.O. also need one. So they can't be released until next event introduces them. And a next event would have zergs in it, as each event has shown mostly one race: Protoss at 1st and Terrans 2nd.

Being negative, if they don't add observer they still have Supply depots. So that's why around 1 month.

18. Larvitar

Larvitar New Member

Karune the high templar. How fun. Wonder when he's going to release a batch of answers about the Zerg.

19. CaptainPicard

CaptainPicard New Member

I think the three month timeline is about right, but I would have started those three months with the roll-out of the Terrans. Recall, they were only about halfway through Protoss when they rolled out Terran, and they've given us precisious few buildings with regard to each race. So, my expectation is that they'll either start giving us lots of new buildings to look at on the site, or roll out the first five Zerg units in by the middle of November.

I'm betting on the first game release by March, but who knows...

20. VarunaSky

VarunaSky New Member

I'm hoping in November or December for the Zerg information. Its probably gonna be announced at some major event; anyone have any ideas what major gaming event is in the fall/winter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.