Could we... uhm..

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by Maelstrom, Jun 5, 2009.

Could we... uhm..

1. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Like.. have some sort of thread-per-day limit on every account? Like say 3 per day?

Cause I mean, don't take me wrong, I like it when people get involved and share info and create threads and don't lurk and stuff.. but IE, novacute created.. at least 7 threads one after the other. In less than 24 hs.
    AND I'm the kind of guy that uses the 'latest thread' window to find the latest news and threads and such, so I'ts kind of annoying when the whole thing is flooded like that.
    And many of these things could be just posts in a similar thread.
    I dont mean to troll or nothing like that, but it SMELLS like mineral farming. I mean, nothing wrong with it, but just post in other threads instead of creating new ones. You'll get the same amount of minerals without the flood.

For example, instead of creating 4 threads proposing 4 different gameplay changes on certain terran units, you could create 1 thread labeled: Terran gameplay suggestions (or something like that), and put them all right there.

That is all my dear forumeers.. dismissed. (?)

Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
  2. Novacute

Novacute New Member

Thanks for the feedback.. some1 told be to be involved earlier.. i guess i took it to a whole new level.

3. Simbob

Simbob New Member

Australia
    I agree 101%

4. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    I don't think there should be a thread limit.

I have made more then that in one day. When things are really busy, no one cares. The only problem here is cause he is new and doesn't know better, the simple fix is just telling him to not do it.

I too use the newest thread tool. However, if I can't find what I want, cause I sometimes go afk forever, and what would be interesting to me is not in the list, I just go to the board, and look at brighter threads. Doing it this way, you can find a lot of new threads in a short time, plus you may find some posts you over looked.

5. Shadow[E]

Shadow[E] Moderator

Mass
    Nova, dont worry about it. Be active, but dont overdue making new posts, just read up on some other ones :D.

When Clan Empire was making new posts (becuase we support over 20+ members) the latest thread post was ours until SC2 lurks started complaining. So just read up on old ones or something. the forum is plenty with information.

And Nova isnt THAT bad, Iffjdrie or w/e the hell the kids name is, would spam the Latest Thread just for fun, not that I cared, but yea :p

6. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    No thread limit is my opinion too.

Yout got inspired by all those Terran "balance" threads? ;)

The whole problem is that space junks often spams the 'unread posts', so if you could toogle that of it would be great, but else I dont see anything that could be done.

7. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    I think it should be customizable for each person, I like that SJ triggers unread posts, some fun threads in there.

Ijffdrie is only temp banned Yujin.

8. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    why even ban him, IMO this forum would be only half of what it is without him. But perhaps he is banned to go to toilet and outside - what we call socializing.

9. Shadow[E]

Shadow[E] Moderator

Mass
    Furrer, My good sir, you are funny :laugh:

10. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Lol no, he tried to post a furry to explain what it was in a thread when the thread swung to that topic, so fenix pwned him.

Drie does socialize, his GF even has a profile here, her name is Bella Kohler or something like that. They were just camping together for a few days like a week ago.

11. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    dark being customizable would be awsome but a ***** to code. TBH there isn't a lot of customizeability I am aware for the latest threads box. As for the suggestion in the OP I don't thikn it's nessecary and I am not 100% sure it could be done with ease either.

12. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    I lol'd at this and was like who is novacute? Then I noticed I was thinking the exact thing about the new guy lol.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2009
  13. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    @sniper64: exactly

I think this is honestly a good idea but not a foundational one. It is nice to think that we can stop people from making to many threads but I honestly think it would not work. If they ever made a limit to how many threads you could make it would be your amount of posts.

Lets say for example 0-10 posts = 0 threads a day, 11-100 = 2 threads a day, 101-200 posts = 5 threads a day and 201+ = infinite threads a day.

That would help to stop the large amount of threads being created and overall spamming. But because this is not a problem we have it would be a waste of somebody's programing time.

14. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

bad idea, darth, like 75% of our new non-lurk members make a thread within their first ten posts(even if its just an introduction)

15. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    then just 0-3 (to avoid those spammer bots making threads instead of posts...)

16. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

we'd still get the post-bots, and most bots only make 3 threads

17. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    No, that would make it harder to find the bots.

As the one who actively stalks the new members to make sure they are not spam bots, and are following the rules, I ask you not to do that. Let them make new threads with no posts.

Besides, we want people to be able to introduce themselves in a thread, not in a post somewhere else.

18. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    I was just throwing the idea out there. I forgot to mention that I think we could restrict their amount of threads to certain areas. Like Spacejunk or the intro area.

19. Shadow[E]

Shadow[E] Moderator

Mass
    I declare Iffdrie or w/e the f** the kids name is :no: =]

20. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

it has been for a long time shadow[e]