Could this be a Zerg base?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Lemmy, Jul 24, 2007.

Could this be a Zerg base?

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Lemmy, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

Everyone belives that the zerg are not in an advanced phase. I also belive that, but what is the purple thing at the bottom left part of the minimap? Doesnt look like units. It actually looks like creep to me.

[img width=670 height=502]http://pcmedia.ign.com/pc/image/article/790/790131/starcraft-2-20070519000508591.jpg[/img]

See it larger here...

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/img_4560195.html

Protoss and terran units and structures are pointed with squares, but that purple area isnt square. Could this mean there are some zerg structures ready? Creep? Tho there is something similar at the bottom right part with the protoss... misterious.

2. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

yes the purple area on the minimap is zerg controlled, however that doesnt change anything, the dots are units + buildings, i highly doubt that creep would register on minimap.

ATM, zerg have all the structures and units from sc1 available, however they are in the middle of a huge revamp, just like the protoss and terran have been. The graphics team may have been able to get some presentable units done for blizzcon but i doubt it becuase of all the work they have had to do with remodelling units like the siege tank.

3. Pix

Pix New Member

Um... no, in Starcraft it didn't.
    We're talking about the Mini Map, Red Dragon, not the main view.
    ~Pix~

4. DontHate

DontHate New Member

5. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

i just played a broodwar mission and theres no indication of creep on the minimap...

6. mc2

mc2 New Member

GuiMontag, the mini map does show the creep in starcraft 1. It has a purple-grey colour surrounding a zerg's base. Maybe it's difficult to spot on certain maps.

There are clusters of purple in the left bottom that might look like the creep, but further down the mini map, you can see these uniformed square purple dots lined up in an orderly fashion. So it doesn't appear as creeps anymore. It actually looks more like mutiple hatcheries.

7. opm

opm New Member

NYC
    whatever it is, it's not conclusive

8. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

its in space. maybe an ordered group of mutalisks?

9. Ghost

Ghost New Member

Nice find, I wondere what it is, my vote is for zerg base =D

10. xasterothx

xasterothx New Member

i thinks the creep is not there for the zerg in sc 2 because they dont use creeps...if you look..they have dirt on their side of the map..

11. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Wow. YOu think the Zerg don't use creeps? Weirdo.

My vote is Zerg base. The purple just enforces it. I dunno why, but I always associate purple with Zerg on SC.
    Red 'toss, and light green for Terran. I have no idea why.

12. JimRaynor45

JimRaynor45 New Member

uhh, i dont think its a zerg base, the purple things have no minerals near by it. Some of the white/blue stuff seems to be minerals. Why would they have a base with no minerals.
    And wuts that red stuff? and does this guy have a cheat on? Black sheep wall?

13. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    It was Blizzard that made that level to show off the Protoss and what little of the other two they want us to see.
    They can do what they want with it. Share vision from enemies, cheat, place extra things.

And I think it's Blue Terran (Raynor's Raiders. Woo.), Purple Zerg, and White Protoss. That's what I always have in my head when someone says the race names.

14. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

Yellow protoss. Not white :p. Protoss are golden, and yellow is your color on SC protoss campaigns.

15. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    My belief has been that most of the screenshot we see, especially that of Protoss, are mostly from campaign maps. The gameplay demo vid also appeared to be based on a partially finished(or just modified) Protoss campaign.

With that in mind, most setups on the maps are probably centered around the player race. The particular map in question is most likely part of the Protoss campaign, which explains why there are only minerals there for the Protoss.

The purple on the minimap is Zerg, but I do not think it's actually a full fledged base. They are masses of zerglings burrowed until they they are triggered to attack according to script. Remember the scene in the demo vid where a swarm of lings unburrowed to charge the Protoss, that's what it is. Since lings are so small and numerous, and seemingly pack together even better in SC2, it shows as a purple blob on the minimap.

In fact I am quite certain that's what it is. You know why? Because if you pay closer attention, the map in that screenshot is actually the exact same map featured in the demo vid. If you watch the demo vid again, you'll notice that the dirt part of the map is exactly where the Zerg were. And you also see 3 separate purple dots on the minimap to the top-right most corner of all the purple color, those are the nydus worms. I believe the rest of the purple are just swarms of more zerg units waiting to be triggered to attack.

The neatly grouped purple dots at the bottom-left most corner of the map in my opinion are mutalisks(could be any other Zerg air, but most likely muta). The map maker placed them there way off to the side away from action, just to have them wait on the trigger to be activated for them to come in and attack the player.

I myself wouldn't be very surprised if that particular map actually turns out to be the first stage of the Protoss campaign.

16. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Nah, it won't be the first stage of the Toss campaign. They wouldn't give the mothership on the first level. In all past Blizzard games, only the low tech units were available for the earlier levels. I'm guessing it's about a third into the campaign, and a third into the level itself. Blizzard wouldn't want to spoil the good beginning for us.

17. SirBaron

SirBaron New Member

Or, they simply used that map as a "show-off" kind of thing for the Mothership. Doesn't mean it'll be in the final version.

Heck, i am doubtful that the map is even going to be in the campaign.

18. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    The MS and other stuff wouldn't be a normal part of that map if I'm right about it being part of the Toss campaign.  In the screenshot, which I believe it to be from a run of the map through its normal course, only have low tech units.  Any other high tech extras were all a one time stunt just for the demo vid.

I think for that map to not be in part of the campaign and use just for the one demo vid, it is simply scripted way too heavily, with monologue inserts and whatnot.  None of that is really necessary for a tech demo.

19. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Good point, Remy. I was wondering about the screenshot that showed the battle without the Mothership being present. I think it will be part of the Protoss campaign, possibly the first mission. If not the first, it's probably one of the first three. Plus the Mothership is reportedly building from the Stargate, and in the gameplay video, it kind of just warps in to the middle of the map... although that animation is really awesome. Hell, maybe part of the bonus for building it is that you can warp it in anywhere, but I doubt it. That was just some script work.

20. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I think it's a zerg base not a creep however it could a creep