Corinex Gamenet

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Kraetos, Mar 1, 2009.

Corinex Gamenet

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Kraetos, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Kraetos

Kraetos New Member

Texas
    Hey guys I was wondering if anyone has tried this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyoGxtnFo6w&eurl

This product is an expensive powerline adapter that was marked at 156$ at its release in early 2008 and has since come down. The lowest I've seen was 115$ at Amazon.com.

I've read a few reviews for it, and unlike all other powerline adapters this one seems to work quite well, and also can be tweeked a lot with a multitude of configurations for a vast array of things.

I was just curious if anyone knew anything about this because I had a question.

I live in a duplex and the guy on the other side let's me use his internet through his wireless network. If I plugged one adapter in his linksys and plugged to his wall, and then plugged the other adapter in my wall and in my computer/xbox360 would it work?

Keep in mind they are only a wall length apart. Maybe a foot apart.

The problem I see is that duplex's tend to use two different electrical sources so that each renter on each side has his own electricity bill.

Other than that, it's supposed to be a solid product, much faster than a wireless connection if people are sick of using wi-fi.

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    If it's on the same circut it should work just fine. If not, then it won't work, you'll have to try it out for yourself.

If he has wireless though, I don't see why you would need it. You're not going to get much of a speed up switching from wirless, since most areas that aren't South Korea don't have internet speed much higher than 802.11g.

If you want high speed data transfer for media streaming between the XBox and PC though, the higher speeds would be nice though.

3. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

What's your current speed on your connection, and how good is the upload speed?
    Do you really need it is the question.

I would suggest you buy and try, and return it with the reciept if it fails to work.
    You could buy a more expensive, but then give it back even if it works.
    Then buy the cheaper one and use it, I'd say it should work then.