[Contradictory] Map-making section

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by xDarkness, Apr 25, 2009.

?

Would you want a Map-making section for SC2?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    25.0%

[Contradictory] Map-making section

1. xDarkness

xDarkness New Member

In contradictory to my other post "Too many forums," I would like to see a map making section or child board for SC2. I was a mapper for the SC Vanilla and Broodwar and I attempted WC3 but simply didn't like the editor as much as SC's despite there being tons of new features, and I'm formulating maps already in my head for SC2 - Remakes, Dota ideas, and other new maps that can finally be possible for SC.

Could we please get one or is this too much to ask? :D

2. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    You have barely made 10 posts here, and al of them are complaints. Gawd...

And why would there be no such board later on? The game is still months away. No need to complain about this now, really. :s

3. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    This is the type of thing that will be added later when it would serve an obvious purpose.

4. xDarkness

xDarkness New Member

This wasn't so much of a complaint but more of a request just like my other post in this section. I'll settle for that answer above me though.

5. Simbob

Simbob New Member

Australia
    I think its a good idea. Maybe not now, but someday would be nice. :)

Oh, and if you prefer the sc1 editor over the wc3 one, you'd better get used to wc3 editing. That'll be a lot more similar to sc2 than what sc1 would be. :p

6. xDarkness

xDarkness New Member

Please do not quote the post above your own.

Part of the reason I didn't take up the WC3 editor and create maps for the game is because I couldn't and still cant host, and im way too lazy to try to port forward my bloody router for the forth time. I don't feel like screwing with my Internet.

But I have basic knowledge of the WC3 editor, I know my way around it, but I probably couldn't create a real map without sufficient knowledge of the components contained in it...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
  7. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Please not quote posts above your own. You bash this site, but fail to follow its rules... That what you say makes no sense. Sorry for being offensive, but is it really that hard to do a bit of reasearch before complaing about stuff?

There are plenty of support sites out there for tutorials. All decent forums have ways to upload files, and if that isn't enough: go to one of the dozens of upload sites out there. Complaining about router settings, gawd...

8. xDarkness

xDarkness New Member

Please do not quote the post above your own

Buddy, I don't wanna start a flame war here but you keep on insisting i'm doing something wrong... Why don't you flame yourself than? Bashing me constantly and complaining about me? Really?

That's sad.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2009
  9. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    @ Darkness,

Please don't quote the post directly above your own. The reason for that is that we already know who you're talking to if you are the next post.

@ Ursa,

Please report a post rather than correcting the user. It just creates unnecessary problems. Thanks. ;) I've deleted the above posts because it's pointless flaming.

Also, @ Darkness, we will consider a map making section. Thank you for the suggestion.