Colussus / Dark Templars

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Robin Johnsson, Aug 29, 2010.

Colussus / Dark Templars

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Robin Johnsson, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Robin Johnsson

Robin Johnsson New Member

Sweden
    Hello everyone, i would like some help to deal with Colussus and Dark Templars...For the fact, you cant use scans very often so its ofcourse that the protoss player attack with 1 DT at the time on your supply depot so i HAVE to scan him but then when that DT dies he attacks with another one just to get me down on energy for scanning, so i dont really know how to deal with DT´s...If you dont have any raven´s up then its GG right away, and colussus splash damage kills pretty much everything of my army so i would like some help dealing with them as well...Thank you :)

2. Eliam

Eliam New Member

for Colossi, a few Vikings should work, as for DT, towers near the mineral line and near the entrance

3. Ste

Ste New Member

Chicago
    while colusi cost a significant amount more than a DT, groups of 3+ colsi do terrible terrible damage to ground forces, in a far more efficient way then say 3 DT's would.

That being said, I feel colusi are far more valuable compared to dts depsite higher cost.

The counter to viking is to of course have a crap load of stalkers.

A common tactic being used is to get 3+ colusi and a crap load of blink stalkers, perhaps a mix of 5 stalkers to every 1 colusi.

You use the stalkers as cannon fodder, but mostly to kill anything in the air going after the colusi.

Using Blink to cut down viking or siege tanks.

4. Vulcan

Vulcan New Member

Tasmania
    Vikings or Banshees for the Colossi, Missile towers near your mineral line or front of base. For a mobile army Ravens are the go for detection.

5. Xern

Xern New Member

Ravens are good against P, you can put PDD's against stalkers to practically nullify anti air.

6. Ryukossei

Ryukossei New Member

colussus are not that strong use you just need some units with a big hp and deal a good dmg, colussus die to easely, i know cuz im a protoss player, ofc dt are a better cuz they deal a massive dmg and they are allways cloaked, but the fact is you just need some turrets or a raven there and they are done they have a low hp they really easy to kill.