Cobras are out!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Dec 14, 2007.

Cobras are out!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Heavyarms2050, Dec 14, 2007.

1. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

According to batch #24, thor has been decide to replace the cobras as a heavy anti-air unit

2. Loki

Loki New Member

Hmmm, Doesn't it seem that aircraft will easily avoid the Thor though?

3. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    I think they're meant for bigtime air units (therefore slow units) like Battlecruisers and Motherships, or to be used to establish a defensive perimeter in an important spot.

4. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

what will replace the cobra and predator?? So tell me what he heck is blizzard doin. the terrans are still down 2 units with out any new units in sight??

5. Light

Light Guest

DAMNIT!

I'm really disappointed and angry with the new Thor!!!

HE WAS AN ASSAULT UNIT WHILE SIEGE TANK WAS DEFENSIVE!

6. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The Terrans are down 2 units for now. :)
    Blizz said that they are trying out new units for ALL factions. Exciting.

7. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

well dont be mad at the thor be mad at the people who didnt like thor befor. Now hes an anti air unit that can easly be avoided by fast air units witch makes no freakin sence.... but is good for the terrans who love to turtle. I'm just still clueless to what 2 new units till take the place to the cobras and predators who were removed...?

8. Light

Light Guest

I doesn't make sense....have such a mammoth unit and make it anti-air? Disaster.

9. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

YES all its good for is base defence, this unit has no offence. it needs to be built by SCV still so it can be produced on the battle field. its no good coming out of the factory.

10. Light

Light Guest

No fun. Seriously, what a lousy way to try to give the Thor another role. This has to be the most dissapointing sc2 news for me :(

11. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

its not bad making it AA for the sige tanks point but COME ON putting it in the FACTORY WAS A HORRABLE ASS IDEA! and that alone is pissing me off

12. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    That's too bad. I would wait until i've seen it in action before judging it though.
    You'll probably be happy again, when you see it blast away 20 mutas in 5 seconds.
    (I know that that contradics what I said a little, but it's better to be positive, right...?)

@i2new. Are you talking about the Thor? Cuz it isn't in the Factory as far as I now, it just took the Cobras place rolewise, not building-it-is-produced-from wise. :)

13. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Maybe he has huge AA damage and range, so he compensates that way with his lack of speed. I'm confident Blizz will even things out.

14. Light

Light Guest

Not to say I dislike the AA capabilities (which are, presumably, leet), but just that I really liked the old version, as my tactics with terrans have always emphasized on Siege tanks, and with the Thor it would all be so much more fun.

15. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Actually, now it would be more of a win to mass the two, as one handles ground threats while the other takes care of air. You should be happy.

16. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

you guys have to remember that karune said that thor can attack both air and ground, so im still assuming that it still has it base siege ability. And i think they reason why they took it out because running and gunning at the same time was not Starcraft like.

17. Light

Light Guest

Well I guess its not all that bad. But I'm still concerned over having a Thor-model handling air. I feel a redesign.

18. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Hmm... Cobras could fire while moving, so perhaps the GtA weapon is some kind of cluster rocket thingy on its back that fires while it moves?

19. SwimSwam

SwimSwam New Member

San Cristobal - Venezuela
    yes thats why i think thor anti air attack must be very strong and also it needs to have a huge range, because to be honest is not like you will be able to be spamming 10 thors to protect something, it should be like 1 thor being able to defend something, with 3 thor being more than enough to stablish an anti air perimeter in multiple bases(ofc with turrets support)

coz i rly dont see 10 thors chasing some mutas, so gotta give huge range and damage, but making it very expensive to balance. like maybe 400 mineral 300 gas (like a battlecruiser).

but being strong enough as to take small swarms of air like 12 mutas, yeah i said it, 1 thor should be able to take out 12 mutas, hhm why ?, coz it would cost much more, compare 400 mineral 300 gas to like 75 minerals, at least 9 times more expensive.

and good enough as to take toe to toe 1 carrier or battlecruiser by itself

hhm Human Siege Tanks in warcraft 3 comes to my mind, great anti air but cost a lot

ofc it would be easier to produce here, in a way it doesnt make you deviate your tech like in wc3

also regarding the topic, hhm i think cobra didnt rly fit well ever it was too dull, i think that it you could maybe give it some jumpack/forward abilitie that would have been cool but kinda OP togheter with reapers and to much WH40K like

20. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

its scary and thats all a thor is made for to scare the living tar out of some one. thats all its good for, u see a thor and 2 bunks u know theres ganna be a fight, espically if there standong on a choke hole point. air cant take it and ground is ganna be held up trying to push through only a few at a time. The thor is made to scar people but i feel thors ablity to be made anywhere bye the little SCV has all been nerfed too greatly. Imagin the fear of thinking is he making a thor and bunkers out side my base walls where i cant see??