Can my laptop play SC2?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by the_zeppelin7, Jul 20, 2010.

Can my laptop play SC2?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by the_zeppelin7, Jul 20, 2010.

1. Hey, I am interested in guying SC2, but I was wondering if my laptop could run it smoothly. If not, I would like to know what upgrades I can make to be able to.
    I know that my processor is Inter(R) Core(TM)2 duo CPU t6600 @2.20 GHZ
    I have 4 GB of ram
    64-bit operating system (Vista)
    If there is anything else you would need to know, If i cna find it ill tell.
    Thank you,
    Chris

2. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Video card? If it's integrated, it's a definite maybe.

3. It says Mobile Inter 4 series express chipset family
    If thats not good enough, and it sounds like it isn't, how can i upgrade it?

4. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

As far as I know, there's no way to upgrade integrated chips.

How old is your machine?

5. I bought it about a year ago. Its a Dell Studio 1555

6. Odysseus

Odysseus New Member

The Dell Studio 1555 notebook is equipped either with an "Intel GMA 4500M HD" or with an "ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570" graphics chip. Check out your configuration. If you have the GMA chip you can forget about pretty much any 3D game that was published in the last 4 years or so - inclubing Starcraft 2 of course. The ATI chip however will make it possible to run Starcraft 2, I'd guess on low or maybe medium graphics settings.

7. I really didnt see anything about a ATI or anything. How much better are the graphics then that of warcraft 3? Because I can play that game fine.

8. Odysseus

Odysseus New Member

It's not a matter of "how good graphics look". There are technical issues behind it.
    Since those are two totally different games, you cannot expect a computer to run the 2010 game SC2 properly, just because it can run the 2002 game WC3 properly.

I doubt you will be able to play the game with a Intel GMA 4500. ou will get something like 10 or 12 FPS on lowest graphics settings (which will then look not as half as good as WC3, however...)

9. bigman06513

bigman06513 Guest

im guessing my is a no .....im not computer savvy will it work on my comp here is the specs AMD turion 64x2 dual core mobile
    processor, 250 gb hd, 3g sdram 667 mhz, ati raedon x1250