Buying new $1000 laptop for sc2. need help..

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by irs88, Jul 24, 2010.

Buying new $1000 laptop for sc2. need help..

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by irs88, Jul 24, 2010.

1. irs88

irs88 Guest

Hey guys,

I want to buy starcraft 2 but my mac is really old. Going to switch to PC becauase i heard mixed reviews about starcraft on mac.

Anyways, I don't know ANYTHING about computers so I won't be able to build one from scratch(thanks to the guy who made that thread anyways)

I am trying to buy a new laptop for starcraft 2, I want to get something for around $1000. I basically want the cheapest computer that can play starcraft 2 at the best settings(above average playing experience). haha. Its okay if the cheapest then is like 1200....but I REALLY don't want to push it over 1000-1100 b/c of my budget

I am looking through newegg.com. Anyone know of any good laptops from newegg that fit my criteria? Also, I am going to med school next year so I want this new computer to be good enough to use for the next 4-5 years: which means I want it to be good enough to handle anything related to school and watching movies in good quality. Besides that and internet, the only use i have for a computer will be starcraft 2 :]. Hope you guys can help me. Thanks alot guys.

edit: how is this: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...e=dv6tse_series&a1=Solutions&v1=Entertainment

is this a good deal? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834157297

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 24, 2010
  2. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Biggest thing is make sure it has a dedicated video card if you're dead set on a laptop. If it has an integrated, you're done. Finished.

Even if it does have a dedicated vid card, it's not 100% sure gonna run lovely, but it has a much higher chance.

Both of them don't look bad (I'm not the best though, especially when it comes to ATI cards). My biggest gripe would be that I'm not a fan of HP, but that's partially personal preference.

Also, you used the Edit button instead of double posting. I love you.

3. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL