Burrowing Glitch

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Michael_Liberty, Mar 12, 2009.

Burrowing Glitch

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Michael_Liberty, Mar 12, 2009.

1. Michael_Liberty

Michael_Liberty New Member

Denver
    An extremely frustrating thing that always happened to me in SC1 with the zerg was burrowing. If I tried to burrow a unit in combat they would simply unburrow again because the enemy seemed to get in one last free hit that caused them to unburrow. I always thought this was bs because a wraith could cloak in combat and not be forced out of cloaking if it was attacked, same with ghosts and anything else that cloaked in that game. Especially with the addition of the roach this is one game mechanic that I'm looking for Blizz to fix, or have they already?

2. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    havent used zerg in a while, so im not sure. I do remember that glitch though, many a loss for my army.

I bet thay'll fix that for sc2, as they are saying burrowing in combat is a useful strategy, which it wouldn't be if the glitch still occured.

3. Glyph

Glyph Reaper Corps

In the current SC1 Patch, No. They have not. My Hydra's and Lurkers always fall pray to this. Very annoying.
    I would also be highly disappointed if this is not fixed in SC2!

4. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    yep they havent changed...but borrowing is not a good way of escaping death.

I would like this to be fixed in sc2....but if they dont, i dont really mind imho.

5. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

burrowing before death is just the same as digging your own grave LOL

6. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    I remember this from when I played, and yeah, it completely hindered mid-battle Burrowing as a strategy. I wasn't aware that it was the case with Lurkers as well, as I guess I assumed that, being attacked, they'd wouldn't be 'distracted' as the other unit were, as they obviously couldn't attack when Unburrowed. I guess I must've just either been really lucky or just have already had them Burrowed in most instances. I usually used them for defensive purposes.

Anyway, this problem, if it does still exist, would be especially prevalent in StarCraft2. Not only are there still Lurkers, which still take a while to Burrow so could easily be disrupted, especially when on the offence, but there are Banelings and Roaches now, and the Ultralisk can now Burrow as well. Burrowing will be crucial for these units particularly, given their role. I mean, it's just blatant with Roaches, as the difference between Burrowing and not Burrowing could honestly be the difference between winning and losing not only the battle, but the game.

@ Ace. How is Burrowing not a good way of escaping death? It's the only way to immediately get units out of the battle. It's either Burrow them, or run them away, and running away will obviously result in death.

@ freedom. Good call, haha.

Oh, and just remembered, Defilers and the Infester. Burrowing was crucial for the Defiler as well, and it's going to be even more so for the Infester, what with its ability to move underground.

7. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Backstabbed was wrong, the glitch doesn't affect lurkers. The reason others would unburrow is because the unit's auto-attack when hit coding is getting in the way of the burrow coding, and so would auto-unburrow to attack. The lurker also wants to attack, so it stays burrowed and attacks the second it burrows since the auto attack doesnt affect its burrow coding. So since the lurker attacks by burrowing, it isn't affected by that glitch.

8. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    Damn, I thought I'd been really lucky there for a while, haha.

But still, Banelings, Roaches and Ultralisks. Infesters wouldn't be affected then, I guess, as they don't have a natural attack.

9. Michael_Liberty

Denver
    I thought that Defilers would unburrow as well when attacked or interupted and they had no form of natural attack either. Like I said a glitch like this could seriously hamper a zerg army as Itza stated with the roach the proper microing and a small pack of roaches could cause some serious carnage in the early game. Assuming of course that this glitch or whatever has indeed been fixed.

10. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    I was thinking borrowing midway in battle is not a good idea if the enemy has detection...which is very likely.

11. Michael_Liberty

Denver
    only if they have detection on sight which is less likely as even if a unit is detected after a short period of time the default AI is programmed so the attacking unit will begin attacking the next thing to attack it or the closest enemy.

12. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

I always found it annoying but never really needed to burrow in battle becuse of the low hp of zerg i just run away and get the unit into a overlord then over water if the attack failed.

13. Michael_Liberty

Denver
    sounds like it would lead to dead overlords lol

14. Hayden351

Hayden351 Member

nope there is always the chance that the army would split the weaker attack the overlord then they die of a ambush of my units.