Bunkers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by dewmonster, Feb 11, 2008.

Bunkers

Discussion in 'Terran' started by dewmonster, Feb 11, 2008.

1. dewmonster

dewmonster New Member

So, for those who haven't read the new Q&A, currently Terran units are able to use abilities while inside of bunkers. (Medics healing, ghost's sniping, etc.)
    Personally, I think it sounds pretty imbalanced for medics to heal from inside of bunkers. They were enough of a pain in BW, and they couldn't heal from inside then, either.
    What do you guys think?
    Balanced, imbalanced, and why?

2. L89

L89 New Member

Like always, it'll definitely won't be imbalanced in the end though probably when beta first come out it may be unfairly deadly. However, the bunker rush will become even more GG material than before. In other words, if the opponent does not counter in time and the medic descends with its lady grace into that metal protection, then it's thank you come again time. Add the marauder into the mix once the initial beachhead is made, then the Protoss, with their few zealonts, will stand no chance. But, as I said, it'll be balanced dw. It'll probably just make the Protoss early game that little bit harder; and conversely easier for the Terran

3. Kaosspy

Kaosspy New Member

I would say that yes, the game will be imbalanced for the first few weeks like all games with strats that pwn for all 3 races. I think the terrans lacked the defense agianst a rush in the earlier versions.... but you know, there is a lot to say about actuall real life gaming, i mean would a healer be able to heal in real life from a bunker?

The good thing about comp games is that they go under imporvment... its just way better when the game has been in production for a like 6months, than 2-3 or whatever... but yeah they know that it won't be perfect but it seems to me taht they are just getting out real cool stuff... and that is awesome.

4. marinepower

marinepower New Member

Fairfax
    To me it seems imbalanced. I do not know if anyone has posted this before me, but has anyone realized that if you put a reaper inside a bunker, it can still throw mines? Since the enemy has no way of knowing what units you have Inside the bunker, they have no way of countering these abilities.

Also, does anyone think nuke can be launched from inside a bunker? I would hope that some of the cheaper abilities would be taken out, but since you are essentially able to select the units inside the bunker, then by default they would be able to use all their abilities. I guess we will just have to wait and see, but it would open up a wide variety of strategies in Sc2. It would also be interesting if SCVs could repair from the inside.

5. L89

L89 New Member

Nah, I doubt that Terran ground units can all utilize every single one of their abilities in the bunker. That will indeed have great potential...

...to be imba.

6. jrc3234

jrc3234 New Member

Yes, but nuke from inside a bunker? You would only have a bunker at your base, so why would you nuke near your own base? Seems kinda pointless to me.

7. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

Well if you put the bunker at a choke point of some sort then it would be useful because the ghost couldn't be killed if the enemy had detectors.

8. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I said this in the Q&A post, but i'm willing to bet that it won't be imbalanced for a few reasons - Judging by action shots on the SC2 site, the Medic's Heal Ability seems to have been nerfed so you heal less in a given amount of time. You could already Stimpack marines, then go inside a bunker, so it just saves 1-2 seconds. As for the Ghosts' Snipe/Nuke Abilities, I don't think they'd be used that often in a defensive situation. There's no point picking off one unit at the cost of 50 energy when you can have a Seige Tank do the same job three times over, and Nukes take, what, 30 seconds to land and detonate? By then, the incoming attackers have either been repelled or are running through your base and are well out of the Nuke's range (not to mention there's the risk of destroying your bunker in the process).

9. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

The bunker if destroy would then fulfill its usefulness, but its true there would only be tactical advantage there if you were good enough to scout the enemies incoming army and time the nuke.

10. Gizmo4life

Gizmo4life Guest

it doesnt matter, if it is balanced then expect this to hold true in the final version of the game. If it isnt balanced then it will be changed. Blizzard knows what its doing.

11. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I forgot to mention the Null Void. If units can cast while inside a bunker, I don't see any reason why Null Void couldn't affect those units.

Gizmo: There's no harm in discussing the gameplay/balance issues. Some people just like to participate in discussion, and who knows, Blizzard might listen, just look at the Siege Tank's revamp. There's no need to be curt. ;)

12. don_bocci

don_bocci New Member

Yes effects like Null void should definitly be able to effect them, but on a side note casts like PS from the templar shouldn't.