Bunkers, bleh!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Lady Nova, Aug 21, 2010.

Bunkers, bleh!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Lady Nova, Aug 21, 2010.

1. Lady Nova

Lady Nova New Member

Australia
    Alright, basically, most races may of noticed this from terran players, my current build does not have a counter to this, and i don't know how to counter it!

Anywho

It's a Terran vs Terran game, i'll be building up my base and i'll see a bunker slowly creeping up to me, then marines start to go in the bunker, and pick off my base...By the time, i would have 2 Barracks in construction, with 2 marines fielded. they obviously get there asses kicked by the 4-5 marine squad, and they just end up killing me. An advice on a build will be helpful.

2. Reasoner

Reasoner New Member

Build a bunker at the entrance....?

3. Lady Nova

Lady Nova New Member

Australia
    Then they build bunkers outside that, then it's harder to make my fight for freedom. >_<

4. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Don't let them build a bunker in the first place. Scout around with a worker and if you see him building a bunker, attack the SCV. If you're lucky you'll kill the SCV before he finishes building, and maybe kill the bunker itself if he doesn't cancel it.

5. snowden0908

snowden0908 New Member

Chicago
    Or just pull back a bit, rush to tanks and blow it up. Bunkers only give an advantage if you let it, as long as the bunker is not damaging your units in any way, there is no reason to force yourself to fight it at a disadvantage

6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Block your choke so they don't get a worker inside in the first place? Thought that was kind of a normal thing to do as terran. :/

7. celticrobbo

celticrobbo Guest

had a similar situation the other day..the guy went all in..had bunker and barracks built outside mine

I fought off the first wave and loaded some hellions into a medivac and dropped on his mineral line..he rage quit about 2 mins later after his cheese didnt work :D

8. Lady Nova

Lady Nova New Member

Australia
    Well, when you block off the choke point, they camp outside your base. I'm trying to keep my economy flowing, building a counter, and trying to keep my choke point choked. But they just get more and more marines...

9. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Right outside? On low ground? Then turtle a little and tech to siege tanks - he either lets their buildings get destroyed or tries to push in. Emphasis on tries as you'll have your own wall, marines and tanks... not nice to walk into. This way the roles of attacker defender are swapped and you have high ground - see, not a bad situtation at all ;)

10. DarkCommander

DarkCommander New Member

Canada
    OR simply block your ramp... If he puts his bunker at the bottom of it, he wont be able to fire up cuz he has no sight. if he goes up for sight then kill the imposter and then let them have fun in the bunker thats it.