Build time compared to toss and zerg

Discussion in 'Terran' started by SilentFury, Apr 28, 2010.

Build time compared to toss and zerg

Discussion in 'Terran' started by SilentFury, Apr 28, 2010.

1. SilentFury

SilentFury Guest

Hey everyone new guy to the forums. Been playin beta for about a week. I'm not the greatest player but I know how to hold my own and build orders, but it seems like no matter how fast i go zerg and protoss always has way more units than I do, or the ones I have just get trashed.

Against protoss I try to go Marauders / hellions/ ghosts, if they use stalkers and zealots. But it seems like it takes me twice as long to get an army going as them. I have to scout to know what to add onto my barracks unless I want to constantly sit and fly my barrack's back an forth.

Same goes for vs zerg. I can build a tech and get marauders for his roaches, but then he just masses zerglings forcing me to switch barrack's to reactors taking more time or splitting barrack's between reactors and tech which means i'll produce less units.

It just seems like it takes more time to build an army that does any damage, but is easily destroyed by zerg or toss armies or completley outnumbered.

Am I just not as good as them atm or does anyone else seem to have this problem?

2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
  3. BroodOz

BroodOz New Member

Char
    Honestly? Yes, you're probably not as good as them =)

The good news is that you can turn that around hehe =)

I'd recommend that you start watching SC2 replays... and a boat load of them. Personally I prefer a decent commentator who comments on whats going on during the replay, as well as who provides tips and patch updates etc. To this end I will direct you to http://www.youtube.com to check out blizshouter's page (aka Crota), he plays Terran, is a competent player and reasonably good commentator to boot. However some people like having more control over the replay and being able to control where they look etc rather than have someone do it for them (thats fine but you lose out on having a good commentator which I personally prefer). If you're one of these people then I would recommend you check out pages like http://www.teamliquid.net or http://www.gosugamers.net where they host replays for people to download.

Regarding Terran builds, I would recommend you try the MnM build... that's pretty much Terran's bread and butter and an easy one to start off with. Marines, Marauders and Medievacs (MnMs). Throw in a few weapon / defense upgrades for ground troops, meat shield, and stim (found in barracks tech lab), and suddenly you have a competent army that can be transported by air, attack both ground and air, and receive healing while in battle - not to mention do a little *** stomping =)

From here you'll have a reasonable chance of defending also against an attack, but should also scout your enemy so you know what little extra to build for that competitive edge.

GL HF =)

(Oh btw hey everyone, new here, first post... love the site) ^^

P.S Try going 3 rax build to combat the production issue you're having, 1 rax with reactor, the other 2 with tech labs.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2010
  4. MADMERC

MADMERC New Member

Raleigh, NC
    i saw a guy dominate a protoss player with hellions marauders and one medivac dropship.

5. the8thark

the8thark New Member

If the protoss does not build any air units like vuid rays to defeat that GTG assult then they deserve to be defeated. Scout more to learn what units to be built.

6. MADMERC

MADMERC New Member

Raleigh, NC
    i was just saying. . .