Browser Battle?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Light, Oct 26, 2007.

?

Whats the best internet browser in your opinion?

1. Internet Explorer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Firefox

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Opera

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Safari

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Other (say what)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Browser Battle?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by Light, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Light

Light Guest

Well, what do you think is the best internet browser?

I personally think its Opera, and I think those who use it, will agree;) .

2. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I voted for Fire Fox, but we all know that notepad > all

3. Themacman

Themacman New Member

I think its Safari or mozilla firefox. They work pretty good and i know that its hader for a virus to get to your PC through Firefox ;)

Never tryed Opera, but i, just gonna check it out ;)

4. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    DUDE!!! safari doesnt even have tabs! i voted firefox cuz ive only ever used safari, firefox, and IE

5. Themacman

Themacman New Member

I can easily make tabs in Safari

6. Light

Light Guest

Opera is great, I never tried firefox dough.

Whats good about Opera is that its doesn't have that unimaginably horrible toolbar, its simple and clean, and the screen doesn't shrink, and unlike explorer, text doesn't get cut of at places, plus its faster. The pop-up blocker is much better ( I always had popups when I used explorer). Also, it always opens at your last visited page, which is handy. Very smooth browser.

Edit: Lol, I had loads of trouble figuring out how to make tabs with explorer ;D, none with Opera.

7. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Firefox seems pretty similar to Opera (I voted FF).

It's way customizable. On the website, there's a couple thousand addons and themes you can use.

8. Light

Light Guest

I always though firefox was slow because it had all these virus protection things. Is it?

9. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Oh no. It's got amazing virus protection, and it's pretty quick, specially with FasterFox, a must have addon. I load these pages in the blink of an eye.

10. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I haven't used Opera but the IE7 interface is so much more compact that FF. The Firefox interface reminds me of the evil known as IE6.

11. Light

Light Guest

Strongly suggest people try Opera. It got me addicted in no-time.

12. Quanta

Quanta New Member

Opera, it is very very customizable and if you don't want to mess with customization starts out very neat and clean.  If you want you can do almost anything with the layout of the brower but it really isn't needed.  Their default is very nice.  GM_K mentioned it will start at the last page, or pages if you have mulitiple tabs open, that you last visited.  My younger brothrr sets his Opera up like that as well, but I have it start at my homepage, Google.  The popup blocker is superb and also customizable.  It has settings like Open all, open in background, block unwanted(what I have it set to) and block all.  Block all means you can't even open a popup if you want to without changing the setting so I don't see how it is all that useful.

These settings are easily accessable by pressing F12 and it also give you a list of other settings such as, enable Gif/Svg, Enable sound in web pages, enable Java, evable Java Script, enable Plugins, enable cookies, enable refference logging, enable proxy server and edit site preferences so if you choose you can customized those settings to individual web pages.  So if you are going to a reputable site that requires Java enabled for example, you can have Java enabled while visiting that site and other sites you trust while having it disabled otherwise to help avoid getting malware.

Speaking of malware, I have not run AVG or Sypbot in a few months but I bet you I will not have a single one because I use Opera as my browser.  It also helps to scan everything you download and to avoid disreputable sites.

PS, my dad tried out Safari, damn mac lover, but he hated it.  He actually had his macs lock up or crash once and a while, while using Safari.  Now I have a lot to say about macs but I will admit they are stable.  To have them crash is not a good sign.

PPS, also, with Opera you can use mouse gestures if you're really gungho about customization, so you can hold down a button and move the mouse to tell Opera to do something like go back or open/close history ect. The only thing I use is that by pressing left mouse then holding and pressing right mouse I can go forward or by doing it the other way around, press hold right then press left, I can go back. So I don't ever even use the nice compact little buttons at the top left of the screen.

13. Light

Light Guest

Thanks Quanta, great post!

:powerup:

14. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I vote internet explorer. Its the only one I've ever used and it works prefectly. Why should I try the others when Explorer suits my needs just fine?

I don't need Opera since customizing my browser doesn't interest me, an I would probably screw something up anyway.

15. Z-BosoN

Z-BosoN New Member

I really prefer Safari, it is much faster than the other ones. The pages load up way quick.

imo Firefox>Opera>Internet explorer, taking speed, layout and organization in consideration.

Of course it does, wtf? Press Control T and you tell me if it doesn't have tabs.

16. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

XD....People still use Internet Exploder....

17. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

Firefox hands down slaughters the competition use to be an IE fan tho but after using firefox for first time and its features i never went back :p

18. Quanta

Quanta New Member

No offense but if you used to be a IE fan well...

Any who, as to EonMaster, I'll give you one good reason to not use IE. It has been 2 months since I last did a Virus/Spyware scan on my computer, my upto date AVG found 0 threats and my upto date SpyBot found 7. I know, its pathetic, I can't imagine who I managed to accumulate 7 malware over just 2 months.

Now do a scan on your computer. Have fun.

19. PKZeppelin

PKZeppelin New Member

IE7 is my favorite, because of it compability and simplicity, I don't use those 'in browser plugins' much and have good internet, so don't care about page loading too much. Firefox - plugins, trend, have it installed and use mainly for copying flash and copy protected pictures(have some plugins), but it's not really safer than IE7 and eating unfairly much ram, so it's 'heavy' soft, had read many analytics reviews. Opera - used it before, it's loading faster many sites, but also have incompability with popular web resources.

20. Quanta

Quanta New Member

Most of Operas compatability problems have been resolved in the more recent versions. Haven't had a problem yet.