Brand new computer struggling to run the beta!?!?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by kb8fan4ever, May 3, 2010.

Brand new computer struggling to run the beta!?!?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by kb8fan4ever, May 3, 2010.

1. kb8fan4ever

kb8fan4ever Guest

BRAND NEW Macbook Pro 15''... Specs:

Intel Core i7
    4 GB Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GT 330M
    500 GB Hard Drive at 7200 RPM

I have had to drop all my settings to low, when i first played the beta i was running on high and ultra. I have tried dropping everything to very low setttings and can only play the game on low with a couple on medium right now. And God Forbid I try to run ANYTHING besides starcraft while its open, including something like ventrillo causes lag (and btw all my drivers are up to date).

I have a bootcamp partition and my windows experienece index is a 5.9 and I'm basically wondering why a SEVEN DAY OLD Macbook Pro needs to run a game on low. This was a damn expensive computer to barely be able to run this game!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Fake ID

Fake ID New Member

Short story is upgrade drivers. The long story is that the i7 have some problems running games, that the i5 doesn't have, giving it a reputation of being a system built for programs like Photoshop, 3DS and AE. However since the computer is so good it should definatly be able to run SC2, so you probably have some driver-issues. One other thing I would recommend is clicking around in the settings-manager that you get with your graphics card, usually forced Anti-Aliasing isn't a good thing, infact everything should be set to game-default.

3. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

Brand new LAPTOP.

When will you people learn?!

A laptop IS NOT THE IDEAL FOR GAMING!

Unless it's alienware or something similar, you can't expect anything more than medium.

The thing killing the game is the graphics card I think. Also the i7 might be underclocked at stock.