Blizzard seems fond of the Medivac, i hate it

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Jul 20, 2008.

Blizzard seems fond of the Medivac, i hate it

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Jul 20, 2008.

1. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I really dont like the idea of having my marines stimpack and nothing to heal them early to mid game.

Having to wait for the starport to build an ship to heal my troops is not something that im very fond of.

Keep in mind that the medivac will have to be in the heat of battle and it can easily be taken down...

On a side note, does the defensive matrix work the same way for now, meaning, he casts a AoE defensive matrix that reduces damage by 50% to both friend and foe?

2. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I wouldn't worry too much, DKutrovsky. From what I have heard, Marines + Marauders is a good enough combo to get through early game even without the Medic. Plus, Starcraft was a good game even before Brood War came out and there was no Medic yet. If the Medivac Dropship works for Blizzard, I am sure it'll be good enough for us.

As far as Defensive Matrix goes, I was wondering that too. Does anybody know?

3. HatoXanadu

HatoXanadu New Member

I'm not sure how the Medivac will work into my Terran strategy - i'm sure i'll find a way though.

As for the Defensive Matrix, I as well have no clue. Sorry D:

4. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Im just a little concerned about the way stimpack is going to work early game without medics.

I would prefer to have medics.

I dont like the medivac, but thats just my opinion i guess.

Does it heal AoE?

Do they stack with the healing etc?

How does it heal exactly right now?

5. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

They use a healing ray (at pretty long range). I believe it heals one unit at a time.

6. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    From what I hear Marines can be massed fast enough early game to be effective without the use of medics, with or without stim pack. It must be working well enough if they haven't been replaced yet.

7. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    I'm actually very much for the medivac after seeing it in action in the live SC2 matches from WWI. It can move freely to any unit that needs it. It heals quicker than the medic did. Unit really reminds you that you're not just playing SC3D.

I'm also not concerned about teching up to starport in time. We learned at WWI the current build has 2 vespene geyser in every starting base.

8. Simbob

Simbob New Member

Australia
    I too am a fan of ye olde medivac. How often do you see dropships used in sc? Not much I bet. How often will you now see them in sc2? Probably heaps.

9. aem1

aem1 New Member

Cali
    all i want is the medic back because it seems dumb for a human-based race not to have it.

i propose that the medic is for early game as the medivac version is for late-games, and that in late game a player can load medics into a medivac and the ship would be able to heal multiple units. say a maximum of 3 medics per ship??

....just my idea

does anyone like this idea besides me?

10. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

Seems to me that some of u guys are still having residues of denials with all the changes goings on... Well some I believe are rather questionable and some became repetitive..

Well anyway about the medivac, I was first a pro-infantry medic during the early dates of debates but when WWI was over and have read much of the peoples feedback with the dropper, it turned out to be 80% positive rather than those hating it,. Actually my personal reason for liking the Medivac was mostly on a rational part, coz as a nurse myself I rather have my patients come at me than me going for the site of incident which is possibly hazardous... Some may find it funny but truly, a Starcraft Medic would rather be kept alive than risking it in the field with those ****z ^_^

If one would look at it in a common aspect, what does an SC Medic do anyway in the field??

* Heal robotic parts of broken infantry suits?? (coz we all know they are all suited well xept for the ghost)
    * Arrouse the men and raise their morale with her voice and appeals? (whats she got to do anyway?)
    * Flash a flare?? (whats a medic doing with a flare anyway - its a scoutish ability)

TRIVIA: Ever wondered how come a medics infantry armor suit is more durable than those of marines? If so how come they did not issue those kind of armor suits rather than giving them expendible ones...

Last edited: Jul 22, 2008