Battlecruiser's interior.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Nov 26, 2007.

Battlecruiser's interior.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by zeratul11, Nov 26, 2007.

1. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

we already seen in the terran campaign preview whats inside a battlecruiser (hyperion) is. and heres what it currently looks like if you have not seen it yet... http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/518/starcraftii200708030031yd3.jpg

it looks good but could be better.

Now im not sure where and what part of the battlecruiser the screenshot (where raynor etc) is. The main deck? cockpit? i hope not. Blizz said it is not yet polished i hope they include improving the battlecruisers interior design not only the pixel quality.

Why? because i think its NOT good enough in many ways.

I know the terran is supposed to be gritty, dirty, uncomplete looking (units, weapons, etc.). but the battlecruisers interior IMO is underwhelmed and doesn't look magestic enough inside. I mean we get to see the battlecruisers interior in starcraft 2 for the 1st time but unfortunately it looks unsatisfactory and not outstanding. The battlecruiser is the terran's capital ship, the pinnacle of human technology etc. but the main deck or whatever part is that of the battlecruiser looks lacking, small, and WEAK (if you know what i mean). also see the armory and hallway where raynor meet up with zeratul both looks to weak and poorer than usual.

I am suggesting blizzard should follow this artwork for the main deck.

http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3518/1025471060425c4765daoai4.jpg

with the red "carper" tiles (come on paint some part of the bc's interior), large control room, more high tech looking, and more details. Just imagine raynor and company on it.

Remember Dugalle's office like room in his battlecruisers? or stukov's funeral station dock... looks neat.
    I say if there is only one semi neat and majestic classy looking unit or vehicle for the terran it would at least be the battlecruiser.

Yes i suggest that the battlecruiser's interior should look and have a bit of CLASS, ELEGANCE and at the same time look powerful, impressive and epic rather than making it ALL dirty and rusty and unfinished looking etc.

Im not saying making it ALL clean, shiny, and painted etc.. but at least just a little more detail (paints, lights...), more high tech, and have a majestic factor or feeling inside the battlecruiser.

remember we will always be inside the battlecruiser during the whole or most of the terran campaing so it must look really impresive and not plain and boring. and it is terran at its finest so better make it look good. 8)

Battlecruisers should look epic not only on the outside but also in the inside.

2. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Maybe the Hyperions interior can improve as you progress through the story? The Terran campaign is more or less about acquiring cash, so it would look cool if the ship looked classier for perhaps every 10% that you complete of the campaign.

3. needler

needler New Member

I don't mind of what the Raynors Battlecruiser looks inside, because it's Raynors. He's short of money and he's not so cultivated. Maybe someone elses Battlecruiser could look more majestic.

4. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Exactly what Needler says. I'd imagine Raynor's Hyperion to look like the first pic, and maybe Edmund Duke's Norad II to look like the second.

5. Tavisman

Tavisman New Member

Except that Norad II, as well as Norad III were destroyd a long time ago.

I think thats some kind of a tactical room. Also, the Hyperion can look a little rusty and unfinished, since as needler said, he's short of money and has other ways of using up his budget ;).

6. vinzel

vinzel New Member

I agree with you

7. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Well, what if he isn't short on cash? I bet that he will be quite wealthy at the end.

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

ha? but still the hyperion is a behemoth class battlecruiser. if the best battlecruiser looks like that then the usual battlecruisers will look terrible making the terran really looks poor overall. =\

and raynor already has the hyperion a long time ago before he got low on resources. i think its a mistake on blizzard's part and i hope they just want us to show how the new brifings would look like without really fixing up 100 percent the hyperion's interior.

i really hope the interior looks like the second pic or better. it is just so majestic and powerful looking and the the first one is designed poorly.

im going to draw and make a concept of how a battlecruisers interior should look like. =)

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Raynor has hardly enough money to pay his own crew and you think he could have all those luxuries in his battlecruiser? Even if it was really nice before, that's about four years before the campaign takes place, and he wouldn't have enough money to have kept it tidy and if anything, he probably sold whatever he didn't need in there to get more money. Maybe Mengsk's or Duke's battlecruisers look like that, but not the battlecruiser of some rebel group that can hardly keep themselves paid.

10. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

how unfortunate cause i really want the bc too look majestic inside. =\

but what if blizzard decides and chage it to look more majestic. would you like that? you should. ^^

11. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    Then you wouldn't feel like a rebel. :p

12. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

no its ok. a rebel in a majestic ship would look funny and badass.

its like this, we see a drunken lazy raynor on a majestic behemoth class battlecruiser the hyperion and has nothing to do or dont know what to do. lol

and i think the battlecruisers should always look majestic and epic inside no matter whos in it or whos commanding it. xp

13. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    But where would he get all that cash from? He's supposed to be broke!
    He can't afford to pay his crew, but can afford to pimp his Cruiser?!

14. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

:p I can see where you're coming from, but to be hones,t I disagree, I like how it looks now, and really, I don't want to see it all majestic. I want dirty, greasy, and metalic :p

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

no it should look more or less the first time it was used on operation. how does lights, paints, sleek design, doodads, high tech props, etc. just ware off or dissapear in 4 years. the hyperion should look a little old now but the details and everything should remain intact unless if they had disposed all screens, chairs, etc. and made the control staion smaller.

he doesn't needs to pimp it. it just need to look like the original (doodads and props and paints etc.) but the texture should be rusty coz its already old. if the orignal(when it was still brand new) interior of the hyperion looks closely similar to that then i had lost hope for the terran =\ wheres the UED? :p

to sum up i think the interior needs a little more detail spce, etc... OMG! just follow the artwork blizzard. hahah.

yes terran should be gritty, metalic, unfinished like in appearance but ofscourse they still need at least some few sleek crisp and majestic designs somehow and i think it should be applied on the battlecruisers interior.

16. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Yeah, but if there were any of those cool doodads and designs, Raynor would have sold all those for some extra cash that he so badly needed. I don't know about you, but if I was broke and I had a Ferrari and a custom-tailored suit, I'd sell those to get my self something I need, like a house.

17. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

that can be true lorewise. but what if they really dont have any props etc to begin with and the interior of the battlcruisers are like that ever since it was brand new....

now i dont want excuses lorewise etc... i think blizzard made the battlecruiser simply like that... looks dirty and gritty how the terran is. with that i am not really convinced about the terrans technology etc. 2400+ years in the future even criminals should at least have a little desire on neat and majestic designs for their vehicles and i know it is attainable by them(terran) unless if they are that poor.

18. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Raynor and his crew really are that poor. They're so poor that the crew's about to mutiny against Raynor. Plus, Raynor's not a criminal, he's a rebel.

19. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

ok i got it.... but i hope all other battlecruiser should look majestic enough. =)

follow the artwork blizzard! imagine how nice it would be on briefings, how it epic it would be, more pips to interact with, more screens (floating screens ei.)... etc. if the control station looks more like this http://img128.imageshack.us/img128/3518/1025471060425c4765daoai4.jpg

20. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    There's always the protoss briefing room. Maybe that'll be as elegant as you want it.