BattleCruisers in action

Discussion in 'Terran' started by bragesjo, Mar 8, 2010.

BattleCruisers in action

Discussion in 'Terran' started by bragesjo, Mar 8, 2010.

1. bragesjo

bragesjo New Member

Sweden
    I discovered this video today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-1h8Q8gIY0

Shure BC shoots very fast but the only does 6 damage vs air and BC themself has 3 in armor so they deal 3 damage each attack and that looks pretty stupid to watch but Blizzards intention are probebly to make BC to an anti ground unit that do decent agianst light air and Vikings good vs all air units. BC needs Yamato in order to fight enemy BCs or other air units that has armor so that why they removed D-matrix (would make things even more stupid) and Missile pods..

EDIT can share one more of my finds, a raid by Ravens spamming Auto Turrets.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5FdwmP0IoY

Last edited: Mar 8, 2010
  2. bragesjo

bragesjo New Member

Sweden
    I have a theory, the Battlecruisers in Starcraft 2 is the same as a Banshee except that does not have cloak but Yamato instead, has much more armor and hp, can attack air units (but can only fight light), deals less damage but shots faster and moves slower.

3. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    ...so in the end they're nothing like banshess.

As for the long battles, they allow for more microing so it's all good.

4. asdf

asdf New Member

that kinda sucks. you'd expect the top-of-the-line terran ships to do more damage than... 4 marines. now all they're good for is the yamato cannon... once per minute or so.

and, of course, they take out missile barrage. and dmatrix, which could have made it a real damage sponge.

5. bragesjo

bragesjo New Member

Sweden
    The Battlecruisers are deedly vs several ground units, then they do 10 damage and shoots very fast and has high armor and hp. The BC are also good in Terran vs Terran games (but thats about it) since Vikings low armor and hp does not make them worse than both SC1 Goliaths and SC 1 Wraiths since attack hits armor twice, lower upgrade bonuses as well as that BC has much more hp than in SC1 and moves faster.
    A problem with for example incresing Vikings damage it that it also affects damage vs Collosos. Restoring armor to 1 instead of 0 looks like a more balanced Viking buff, or esle Blizzard assmues that mutliple BC vs multiple BC battles are they way to go in Terran lategame. Ravens Seeker Missiles can also be used vs BC but BC Yamato does more damage so emping first and using Yamato first are crticial in BC to BC battles.

6. shiba4U

shiba4U Guest

Id say that deploying the the Yamato canon on all of your BC's should be a priority in any battle against any unit. Atleast in SC1 it always got me what I wanted, even if it meant sacrificing a few. The Yamato canon is extremely powerful and if you are somewhat maxed on them, it cant fail. Thats just my 2 cents worth.

7. FFenix

FFenix New Member

Main difference is not their role, but how they are countered. Banshees are light, BCs are armored. Banshees GET DESTROYED by thors, fungal growth, phoenix, and feedback. BCs can decimate almost anything but vikings, which isn't much. Both are powerful, but Banshees can easily be countered, while it's not easy to take out BCs as toss/zerg.

8. konman795

konman795 New Member

I always a few BC in TvT games, it helps me out a lot!

Pairing up the BCs with the MMM combo works wonders for me.

9. asdf

asdf New Member

corruptors are pretty powerful against BCs now with the new corruption and increased speed.

10. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I want def matrix and missile pods back T_T