Battle.net Thor/Nomad Abilities Updated!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by MeisterX, Dec 19, 2007.

Battle.net Thor/Nomad Abilities Updated!

Discussion in 'Terran' started by MeisterX, Dec 19, 2007.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Just letting you guys know about this Battle.net post, as well as a couple others. Offers a couple more tidbits of information, especially about the Thor in the current build. :D Enjoy!

Thor:

-----------------

Nomad:

Source=Battle.net Forums

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Nice :powerup: I think this should be in Terran Units and Structures though.

3. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Ehhh... maybe... ehh what the heck, I'll move it. :D

4. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

i am happy to see they didn't cut the Thor,but it's a shame the Cobra will most likely be axed.

5. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    You don't know that. For all we know it could be back in the final build.

6. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I would like to see a completely new terran unit just to see how blizz is thinking in terms of terran units.

7. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    I love hearing details of what's going on inside Blizzardland.

This one really got me:
    I mean, yes, we all know there are unannounced Terran units, and... all of the Zerg units are unannounced, but actually hearing about them in combat with a known unit makes me all shivery.

Also, the idea of the Thor having a "damaged" form is interesting. It'll actually burn down like the structure it was built from! It'll practically scream, repair me! Do you think the damaged form would have a different sound set?
    If this gets implemented for the Thor, I'd love to see it done for the Battlecruiser as well. Then we'd see real "Norad II" scenes happening in-game.

As for the Nomad, everything I ever hear about it is meh. While deploment-based abilities are interesting, they seem like they would be less effective against large groups (because they can be blown up) as opposed to more effective. This is the opposite of what we had with the splashing Irradiate and EMP Shockwave. I hope I end up being wrong about this unit.

8. -LT-

-LT- New Member

:( I just saw that and thought to post it. Oh well...

9. Unentschieden

Unentschieden New Member

"deployable skills" have the advantage that you can prepare them and Blizzard usually makes them stronger to balance out the attackability - refer to venom ward.

10-Neon, I don´t think that the Thor comes from a building now, he was downsized to become more mobile not due a change in the construction mechanic afaik.

10. Light

Light Guest

This looks great for the thor, but I really want the shoulder guns and artillery strike back. Even if they wont bring them back I really like it now, atleast not an AA unit.

11. ekulio

ekulio New Member

Hmmm...I like those cannons, too bad, but I like where the Thor is headed too. It fits the role better now. Just a mega-goliath.

I hope the arm cannons are more effective now, didn't they used to do only like 30 damage? I say either double the damage or the ROF.

12. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

i liked the artillery strike as well.too bad it seems it got axed,but if they make the Thor a nice unit,i'll be happy.

13. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I have always wanted a Battlecruiser that gets damaged and lists and then finally crashes into the Earth. But I don't want them blowing up in the air. CRASH, DAMMIT!

Same for the Carrier.

Imagine, it takes hits and starts leaning to one side and gets all gimpy. Then as it takes more damage it bursts into flame and crashes into the ground. They've got the physics engine, I just think they're too lazy and would rather it explode like gumballs...

Oh wait, that looks terrible. Go with mine :D :D :D :D :D

14. Light

Light Guest

That might lag my computer into oblivion...

15. ZeR[g]LiNg

ZeR[g]LiNg New Member

then do what they did with teh barracks. But let it stay in one piece as it falls in a torrent of fire and let it go KABBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM as it lands. Yeah

16. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Wonderful. This makes half of my Thor discussion obsolete. Why do I even try?

17. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    ROFLMAO ;) I know.

I specifically talked to Blizzard when they asked for suggestions about the Thor being a possible discussion topic for the month. I said... "If you want to discuss the Thor you need to release info about it prior to discussion so we're at least up to date on the current build..."

Apparently they forgot which discussion they put out. LOL! ;) Updated us on the Thor but not the state of the graphics.

18. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    K. At this point I think I should just gather data on the Nomad instead since that seems to have overshadowed the Thor. At any rate I don't think there is going to be enough of a response for it to be worth me submiting the Thor stuff this month. I am considering holding off till January if posts don't start coming in.