Banelings are op

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bio0rmech, May 25, 2010.

Banelings are op

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bio0rmech, May 25, 2010.

1. Bio0rmech

Bio0rmech New Member

Every terran player is obviously defensive and goes out strong.. all zerg does is mass banelings and it cancels out my units they should be 50/50 minerals and gas its so sad seeing people do that cause there so freaken cheap i bet i can post 50 replys of banelings Op

2. Glaurung

Glaurung New Member

Your base.
    I honestly hardly ever see banelings in use that much so I can't really add anything to this thread.

3. KHaYMaN

KHaYMaN New Member

Oregon
    Banelings are not cheap, they are completely consumed on use (you can't recycle them/keep them alive with micro), and they are mostly effective against units that cost NO gas.

In case that was too subtle, no, I don't think banelings are overpowered.

4. marinefreak

marinefreak New Member

Australia
    Use maras and you'll easily drain the zerg's rescources faster than yours since it takes like 4-5. Make sure you screen your marines with non light units and you'll be fine

5. asdf

asdf New Member

let one or two units lag behind, he wastes like 2-3 banelings to kill a single unit. that's 50 minerals/25 gas that he LOSES when it blows up, x2-3, and it only costs you 50 minerals or so if you do it properly.

6. Archangel

Archangel New Member

Lol, seriously, do not make marines. make marauders and thors and you will own anything (plus 1-2 tanks).

Zerg can kiss your *** unless he gets Broodlords. So just attack him before that. I as a Zerg player cannot survive terran without Broodlords, which means on most maps I cannot survive terran.

7. Arc

Arc New Member

lol since when. period.

8. deth moad ue

deth moad ue New Member

I disagree -- they're rather like ground-based scourge and are often the only way the zerg can even defend themselves early game with no ranged units.

As one of the posters above me pointed out, you can't recycle banelings -- so it's a use them/lose them scenario.

It sounds like you're not using enough ranged units...which is odd seeing as how most terran units are ranged.

9. tskarz

tskarz New Member

Terran player calling Zerg units OP is rich. The roach and brood lords have already been nerfed into the ground and banelings aren't even that effective against terran since terran's entire army consists of OP ranged units. The only reason a terran player loses to banelings is because they don't scout and are unprepared for a baneling bust (an extremely risk, all-in move that leaves the zerg crippled if it fails).

Would you like to go over all of the ways that a terran player can roll over zergies, because it is the most unbalanced matchup in the game by far.

10. elosz

elosz Guest

banes would be OP if cheaper, now it costs a bit less than a roach, which is ok, I think. They are perfect when burrowed. Ambush! :) Especially good against hydras and lings. Marines too often goes with Thors, which IMO are uncounterable for zerg :/

11. Bio0rmech

Bio0rmech New Member

HAHAHA i always stop baneling rushs cause thats no skill.. but i use to have trouble with it and i sometimes still do when im playing like a idiot

12. Arterial

Arterial New Member

I think banelings arent OP.

13. Bio0rmech

Bio0rmech New Member

They are OP Pros use theem against the terran like nothing ther elike lings that explode and usely have a bing army behind them *cough COugh* hydras roachs

14. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

a baneling bust ona terrans door is effective. I have seen higher skilled zerg players use speed lings to gain map control and they rush to lair+banelings By that time they walk 7 or 8 banelings on your door killing the supply depots and supply blocking you and possible killing units and a barrack's addon. If that happens not only can you not build units but you just lost the tech option too.

And thats not the worse case i have seen. with them rushing to lair tech there gonna upgrade baneling speed and burrow. You cant leave cause its a mind field until you get a raven. And dont say you can scane and that will save you cause it wont. Not when he hids them off the path and flanks you with banes from the back and lings from the front. With an overseerer in play and proper scouting if you go tech they will go heavy lings, hydra, roach, and less banelings or possible air if you dont make alot of marines/thors but you can safely say you wont build alot of marines vs banelings. so air is automatically a choice. If you go thors you'll be putting your self in alot of danger because of there coast and the enemy having map control.

thors would cost too much off one base. Your best bet would be hellions which is best countered by roaches. But if you make murderers or tanks to counter roaches here comes air.

its a tricky balancing act. Players on lower tiers might not be worried about it cause they dont see it but it plays out alot in high end matches that i have been in.

15. KHaYMaN

KHaYMaN New Member

Oregon
    Your best bet is to not build minimal units while teching huddled behind your walled off ramp like a scared little child.

It also helps not to mass marauders (or hard tech to tanks) when the other player is focusing on speedlings and banelings.

"Baneling busts" work because a large part of the terran population are caught up in the above mentality and this particular zerg tactic takes advantage of the that to cslap them around like R Kelly on a 14 year old.

Terrans who actually scout and build more marines and hellions force the zerg player to adapt and elevate their game.

At least that was my experience in the "high end matches". And I use that description very loosely as I have no delusions about my own skill or how those beta platinum (now diamond) league matches will differ from major tournaments a year from now.

16. Swifty

Swifty New Member

Wisconsin
    In reference to the title; No they aren't.

;P

17. sirchiken

sirchiken New Member

lets nerf everything until every unit has 5 health and does 1 damage (+1 vs armored) , has .01 movement speed, and takes an hour to train!!!

18. Mattbaumann777

Mattbaumann777 New Member

There's no way Banelings are OP. They do way less damage than scourges and take more supply. For starters, against Terran, Banelings won't even get to your units or your base once you go mech. Also, the Zerg are so underpowered already, they could use all the extra damage they can get. Most of the time, Zerg units won't even get close to Terran positions due to all the nerfs, and will just get destroyed on the way there.

19. Pirminia

Pirminia New Member

Minot AFB, ND
    They have their uses, like they can be effective if utilized early game to break through a walled in Terran.. But really, after that they aren't worth the resources/attention required to really use them.. If someone's still beating you with them, you're probably not scouting them out very well.

20. Worm Shoes

Worm Shoes New Member

lol they aint over powered.

In 1vs1 they are very effective and the ONLY way a zerg player can break a terran...and even a protoss defence for that matter.

Not exactly fair that a zergs base is always open and vulnerable.

If Banelings get nurfed i will be pretty raged...if they need to up the cost a little bit fine...but no more!