Baneling

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by d0nk3yb0mb, Jun 19, 2008.

Baneling

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by d0nk3yb0mb, Jun 19, 2008.

1. d0nk3yb0mb

d0nk3yb0mb Guest

So we've all seen the baneling, it's one of the new Zerg units.

Do you think it is just a replacement for infested terrans? Let's be honest here. Who really uses infested terrans in a fight? It's too hard to do get and so on and so forth.

So is this a replacement for it?

[​IMG]

2. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Put this in Zerg section and yes its pretty much a replacement.

3. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

yes it is,
    an di used infested terrans

4. d0nk3yb0mb

d0nk3yb0mb Guest

Oh sorry about that. I am still new here. Moved.

Yeah.

How do you use IT? I guess my games don't last long enough to get queen and infest it.

5. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Well when you rape an expansion, it may come in handy to keep a Queen around (Sc1 speaking) ;]
    Then you can send in some Infests with Zerglings and smash through that blockade.

6. Redlazer

Redlazer New Member

Well yeah, basically it's an Infested Terran replacement which is actually readily available. And you're right, not many people used Infested Terran, but that's because of how awkward they were to get. People would use them if they could... but majority of the time it just isn't a realistic option. Now Zerg players do, and these guys will be commonly used, guarenteed.

7. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    yes, these guys will be used against swarming units, and buildings, if the explosion of the baneling is its splash area, and the smoke puff that the siege tanks make when they attack is also the splash area, then i think banelings will have the same sized splash as the siege tanks did. making it a very nice killer.

8. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I especially like how they deal full damage in their whole AoE as well as the damage bonus to buildings. I could see baneling attacks being hell on Terran and Protoss, but mostly Terran.

9. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Terran have the better defense against Banelings with lots of Marines and Tanks around, not to mention range is the key and every Terran unit has range.

The Protoss hit hard but slower which is a draw back as if 4 Stalkers fire at one Baneling that's wasted shots and the other Banelings get close while the attacks cool down, GG Protoss. Luckily they'll have Nullifiers and Force Field.

10. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Never mind the nullifier, they'll call in storms to shred up those buggers. Remember that banelings have been greatly slowed down for balance, and IIRC have 40hp, so if a storm is placed right before the baneling, it doesn't come out the other end.

11. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I was thinking more along the lines of a drop or whatever it should be called with the Nydus Worms. They could I could see them being used for area denial at expansions and whatnot, as well as base harassing. If you burrow them at strategic locations they could really be hell for the opponents.Terran are more likely to do better against banelings in a straight up fight, but they're not supposed to be used that way with their relatively low health and slow speed. I wish we still had cloaked Nydus Worms so drops are more successful.

12. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    dont forget the protoss immortals. They can take a few pounding from banelings.

13. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Should be able to take many if them *****es can survive nukes.

14. Shockem

Shockem New Member

New York
    The baneling is going to be so awsome, i can't wait to drop or nydus them into someones base and watch the miners explode with green puss all over them lol. I think the new spelling for baneling is 0WNAG3

><><SHOCKEM><><

15. leemil

leemil New Member

from the sounds of some people opinions, the banelings are somewhat overpowered
    right now especially against melee (zealots). I think that the full damage for the entire radius
    is the obvious cause for this and that it needs to be reviewed.

16. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    no, imo, its good as it is, it is meant to be the melee killer, thats where it can put to use most of its damage and splash, equalizing its cost from dieing by killing the melee units, against Terrans tho, that have no real melee unit besides the Jackals ( and even that has a range of about 5 ), you will not be able to get close to them because of their range unless you think a little more, Banelings have 45 health and is slow moving making them weak to range units, so the best way so far( imo ) is to burrow your Banelings and then unburrow them at the right time, it doesnt matter if they attack or is killed then, because they explode either way.

oh, and welcome to the forums !!, even if you have been here for a while lurking

17. Juggernaught131

Juggernaught131 New Member

America
    dealing with it being a replacement for infested. i love the idea that i no longer require an enemy to gain the explosive units, or an lly i can ventrilo. ( i used to have a terran ally who would let me infest one of his CC and make an army so i could bust the enemy blocade and he could gain entry)
    it was obvious that something was going to replace the Inf rines when we saw the video with inf rines shootig. zerg needs some sort of suicidal unit, when scourge is gone now.

The baneling is so far well powered and it is meant to kill melee units and building, but it is also an ambush unit as you see with the video of the thors being owned. I do believe that they may want to weaken the banes attack if they keep the radius of its AoE because they seem a little LITTLE over powered for there radius.

18. leemil

leemil New Member

hehe thanks, i actually just forget my password for awhile and couldn't be bothered changing it.

As for my opinion, i'm actually just going by what i've read in the reviews of people who went
    to the paris convention. Currently the banelings now have a speed upgrade so speed isn't a
    problem in that regard, i do believe that having a slow baneling would make it almost totally
    useless so an upgrade is probably the best method for that.
    The current issue is that with the upgrade they seem to be able to connect and kill large groups of
    units a little too easily even with range.

19. Blade

Blade New Member

Shoreline WA
    i dont really us IT (infested terran) alot, but when i get the chance to infest i take it XD