Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by Darth_Bane, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    Hello guys its me Darth_Bane. This will be the place to put your ideas on Avatars that you would like to tell the mods, Admin, and all the rest of the cominuty. I suggest you go by posting in a well organized manner like such...
    (optional) *thoughts on above persons ideas/solutions*
    The statement *your thoughts here*
    *your solution to the problem*

This will show, what YOU guys think about the Avatars and to suggest to the Admin useful and organized opinions and by contributing to this thread the whole Forum will benefit so I emplore you to speak your mind.

I would like to start this off with the statement:

'THE AVATARS ARE TO SMALL'
    I personally agree with this statment I have heard from some.

My solution would be to increase the size of the Avatars to hold Avies 125x125px and allow more kb so as to let more people have leeway on their customization. Just resizing things does not work for the simple fact that much of the detail members put into them are wasted when doing so. That depresses me when I see that 12 of my own custom Avatars can not fit inside here without lossing its pressious labor of love called detail.

Thats what I think about that statement what do you have to say about it?

2. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    If we had larger avatars I would do the cutoff at 100x100. 125 pixels would generate quite a bit of wasted space at the top of your post.

We actually do have bigger avatars right now. When we had frames that avatars were 70x7x now they're 80x80 so its better than the last forum layout.

As or detail Look at my avatar. You can read it can't you? If so its large enough for its purpose.

3. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Avatars will remain the size they are now because they will fit into the panel that the admin has designed.

Also, signatures will not be any larger than 100px max.

They will probably be smaller than that... I don't want signatures longer than posts.

4. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    Now I'm assuming the 100px max is height, and not width because yours looks to be about 400+?

And avatars are fine, I'm used to 70x70 now though.

5. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Sigs will probably be rather wide, probably 500. Width doesn't bother me as much as height. We're aiming for maximum readability.

6. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    Sc2forums said that the filesize for avatars is small because of people with capped bandwidth who have to limit the ammout of downloaded files so they don't get over their cap.