Ask your questions here

Discussion in 'Forum Information, Questions and Feedback' started by sc2forums, Apr 7, 2008.

Ask your questions here

1. sc2forums

sc2forums Hyperion

I just answered a bunch of questions
    http://www.starcraft2forum.org/forums/showthread.php?p=128243#post128243

Please post your questions in this thread. Try to keep other discussion out of it, it's simply your questions, then my answers.

Thanks

-----------
    Signature height will be limited when the layout is finalized. It will most likely be 100px or under. Avatars will be limited to 70x70 or 80x80, haven't decided yet. Frame items may or may not be implemented again depending on what I can do with the shop system in VB. Old frames were lost. If you had a frame, you may get mineral compensation through a form later on when it is all set up.

I haven't looked enough into the VB rep system. I am sure it can be easily modified to simulate the power system we had going before. Your power levels were moved over from the old forums but I have yet to decide whether to restore them, or start from scratch as some were unfairly inflated.

Polls should probably not be editable as the reason for polls is to give fair data. If it were editable, you'd be able to swap choices, etc, so that's how we have it set up. Currently no plans to change this.

HTML will not be enabled for security and stability reasons. Not even for senior members.
    HTML will only be enabled in article submission forms later on. Article submissions require approval to be published. If you feel you need HTML in any post, then it most likely is deserving to become article material.

Not until vb 3.7 at least and until the skin is implemented. I also think something like this would be fun http://www.livingavatars.com/ but with a starcraft theme somehow. Ofcourse, we'll need the help of some talented artists to be able to pull that off. And a lot of time.

See above for frames. With name colors, they will be purchaseable from forum shop. Previous name colors will be restored.

Nothing to do with reputaion/ranks is complete yet. They will be complete when the skin is complete. They may even be reset before then.

You will need to host it elsewhere and link to the avatar. I set up a limit to discourage people from using animated avatars as the site is slow to load for people on slower connections. Here in australia, all our cable plans have download limits and when you go past that, your speed is capped to dial-up speeds. I could barely browse the old site when I was capped...

All new polls will give you names for everyone unless made anonymous. The bug you see is because that poll was created in SMF which did not record that data. The 2 names you see are from voters after we switched over.

Chat is planned for a return, it will probably be identical to the old one.

I am trying to restore attachments but having a hard time as it didn't get ported over. Don't know when/if I can fix it.

Old forum codes can be restored and am looking into doing that when I can. I am hoping that the post will automatically update themselves when this is done. So you shoudl be able to post your list when I add table tags to bbc.

Clan boards are still here and will be restored to their owners. I am waiting till the update to VB as their is a mod for it that will give the clan leaders permission to manage their own boards. None of the old clan boards are lost, just hidden for the moment.

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Will you limit the height of signatures?
    Will frames be enlarged and restored or will you limit avatars to 70x70?

3. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    theres a possibility that there is no limit. that is my knowledge of vb
    wait and ill check

scratch that, there is a limit

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  4. kuvasz

Hungary
    Let me rephrase that: will you please limit signatures to at least 100px if not less? :)

And since sc2 specifically asked for no discussion here, I'll ask another question, not related to layout.
    Can we expect the prices of the newly added pets to be normalized?

5. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Will you add the old powersystem, or will the VB be the placetaker?

6. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Is there a way to make polls editable

Will you ever consider allowing HTML in posts/sigs at least to senior members who can be trusted not to abuse the system?

7. -LT-

-LT- New Member

No! You can't do that. Are you crazy? That is too small.
    They should be 150 at least. :confused:

8. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I don't agree LT even now the sigs cut interrupt the conversations a bit.. I've already made mine a bit smaller. And I don't want to switch the sigs off, cause I like to see what others have.. But if the signature is twice as big as the post itself, than it is not so good.

And my question is:
    What can we expect from the new pet system? I saw that we will be able to show many pets, but can we name them maybe? :D So what else will be used for the pets? In the old forum they weren't good for anything.
    And will the Race icons be items in the shop, or can you choose your race for free?

I don't have any more questions right now..

9. kuvasz

Hungary
    Name them? :D Nice idea! As for their use, you will be able to battle others and show them off and that's about it.

Will you reimplement the display name and the frame reset items?
    Will we be able to select which letters to colour with the name level item we own?

10. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Nice.. You know the name idea came from real life, cause i was just thinking of giving my cat a name.. Well he's not really my cat, but I take care of him.. I can't translate the word to english but maybe kuvasz can.. His name is "Habarcs" :D
    I also called my Mutalisk by this name, but i couldn't mention it anywhere so the pets were sad.. without a name :)

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I have noticed when you mouse over the reputation it shows "new member", will we be getting reputation ranks as well as post count ranks?

12. TheWorker

TheWorker Guest

I tried to re-upload my avatar again and its off the size limit. It worked in the old forums but now I am told the limit is something over 40 kb and my avatar is around 120 kb.
    Is the limit going to go up or do I have to find myself some cheap new avatar?

13. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Hey try to upload it, here or to an other website since that was cool. Have you tried it give the url for it?

edit: I've got a question about polls:

I see if you click on the number next to the vote bar, you will se some peoples names there. I guess they voted for that option, but it only showed like 2 people where it would have to show 12. So is this a bug, or did I miss something?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  14. sc2forums

sc2forums Hyperion

Please see fist post for updated answers

15. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    i know he site is not done yet, but is chat going to be back?

if so okay,i don't really need a date because i'm willing to wait, i am just curious whether or not it will be installed into the new format layout or not.

16. kuvasz

Hungary
    When will attachments from SMF be available in the appropriate posts?

17. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Will we be able to use the old forum codes alter on? Most of the old posts are terrible deformed at the moment because of the new coding. For example: all links to images are gone, so they are not shown and even more important: the table system is gone, so now there are table tags all over the place in some threads.

Will I be able to post all of the lists I was making, or will I have to start over again? (I was so close to finishing the ultimate lists for the three races and now they don't work anymore.) One more question: will the character limit per post be increased? Especially with those lists, who have a lot of coding in them, require far more then 10000 characters. (My current lists had about 20000 characters per list.)

[edit]
    I forgot to ask this: will the clans and their boards/topics be restored too, or do we have to start over?
    [/edit]

Last edited: Apr 8, 2008
  18. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yes most images disappeared because the the height and width attributes aren't valid anymore

19. LordKerwyn

LordKerwyn New Member

Deep Space
    @DT_L and the others; This thread is for the admins Q&A only if you would like the disscuss the merits of a decision please do it in the forum 3.0 or site changes thread.

20. sc2forums

sc2forums Hyperion

Updated first page with answers