Archos user?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by JBL, Dec 29, 2007.

Archos user?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by JBL, Dec 29, 2007.

1. JBL

JBL New Member

Anyone here uses archos products? I would like to discuss about what they offer compared to their competor.. (mostly apple and creative)

I would like to compare to similar models:

ARCHOS 605 WiFi - 4Go with the SD slot - 199$

Apple iTouch 8GB - 299$

They both have touch screen.
    They are both WiFi.
    They both play videos, music, photos, etc.

You can easily boost the Archos to 8GB with an SD card.. but for xtra costs. but anyway.. there's the 30GB for 299$, 80GB for 349$ and 160GB for 399$
    You have to pay for some plugins for the archos.. such as the Opera browser, widgets and games..
    I don't know if you have to pay for anything for the iTouch

I believe the iTouch has a cooler design but the archos offers much more compatibility. I'm not sure about sound and video quality..

so.. what do you guys think?

2. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Well, as a follower of the crowd, incapable of any real thought, I would buy anything with an Apple logo on it, because I have no clue how to use a computer, and only follow social trends. You have to ask yourself, are you a big enough sheep to buy an Apple product?

I hate Apple.
    And yet I still own an iPod.

3. JBL

JBL New Member

Yeah I know... Most people buy an iPod because of its popularity.. people aren't even aware of apple's competitor.. I had (and still have) an iPod... the 15GB 3rd generation one, with the completely touch sensitive interface (not the screen, but the buttons)

These iPods are in my opinion the bests because it's just before they got popular and when apple started to lower their prices and standards.. I remember the 4th generation 20GB and the 2gb Mini iPod.. man.. these really sucked.. now I think apple are able to offer an average quality with a superior design for an extremely high price for what you get.

anyway.. DarkTemploi.. next time you want to buy something you don't know much.. there are reviews on the internet.. and suppose you saw the "iPod" you can get reviews that compare the thing that everyone buys with other similar "toys" (yeah... I now call them toys after using my archos for a while.. it's really a toy)

What kind of iPod do you own?

4. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

30 gig video, and I love it. I just don't like how everyone in the world owns one. Don't get me wrong, it's a great product, with a fantastic design that makes up for its pricey-ness, but still. Seems like everyone under the sun has one.