Archon idea

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by kingsky123, May 18, 2008.

Archon idea

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by kingsky123, May 18, 2008.

1. kingsky123

kingsky123 New Member

i have no idea whether has this been said... but what if archons shields healed when in a psionic storm? or rendered invulnerable.. or bonus statistics?

2. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

thats a nice idea considering the fact that theyre surrounded by psionic barrier anyway, so i guess theres a chance that it might happen... and since the Supposed to be "twilight archon" still has no clarified skills maybe they also can give it a skill like "static field" wherein perhaps a radius of 4 cells around the archon will deal a small amount of damage perhaps 5/sec?? and would drain their energy at the same rate.... in that way it could be more satisfactory since as of now we still dont see the results of the perfect unison between the two tribesmen of Protoss

everyone is looking forward towards what the twilight archon will bring but still it seems just the Ol'archon of d'block so where did the dark archon powers go??

3. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Lol that would be kinda cool, it makes sense. Btw its not a Twilight Archon its just an Archon now.

4. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

yea I wish they could be given different abilities when you merged a HT+HT, DT+DT, and a HT+DT

5. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    ^ i agree, i hope blizzard changes it.

6. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

blizzard did mess up on the archon pritty good. This is a unit i cant see with out an ability it just wouldnt make sence what so ever. And if i was on the blizzard team for making units i would take ur ideal to the lead SC2 developer on a golden plate cause it is a good idea. I support it all the way.

(just incase you dont know the DT and archon are my most fav units lore wise and gameplay wise.)

7. overmind

overmind Active Member

New Zealand
    i loved the twilight archon in early development because i thought it would be a merge of a templar and a Dark templar back when we all had stars in our eyes and the only disapointment blizzard gave us was starting on mmorpg's...

i dont think it would be too hard to make 3 archons( respectively high dark and twilight) the only thing i can see as a problem would be the unit count(with toss having more units...) but the way i see it would be like specialities,

Archon=warrior
    dark archon=spellcaster
    twilight archon=generalised

of course with the twilight packing some different spells (fell the merging man! khala and void!).

8. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

^ I think that makes too many units. However, I would like to see different mergings get one different buffs like more shields for HT+HT more attack for DT+DT and maybe a combination of the too with HT+DT

9. Yamato_Cannon

Yamato_Cannon New Member

Virginia, United States
    Why not just give the original abilities of that unit to the newly formed archon. Once the two units merge, they still have to retain all of their original memories, so they wouldn't forget something they knew 15 seconds ago.

So the 2 formations could be what smokie said, as well as them keeping psionic storm and hallucination. The energy cost for the ability of the archon that was made out of 2 ht's would be around 75% of the original, and the cost out of one dt and one ht could be 150%, but with greater shield and attack.

10. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I can conclude that the reason why the protoss doesnt want to make the Twilight archon is to reduce the numbers of protoss casters, coz as of now they have the Templar, Nullifier and the Mothership which is quite enough i say... but if given a chance at least give the Twilight archon a single skill or research upgrade my possible ideas are...

Upgrade
    *Static field - damages nearby enemy units 3 cells around the Archon 4hp/sec drains energy like cloak
    *Maelstorm upgrade (like the previous dark archon skill for organic disbling purpose)

Research
    *Feedback wave - infuse feedback ability with Psionic shockwave attack dealing energy damage to target enemy equal to psionic shockwave damage
    *I like kingskys idea of rendering the archon immune to psi storm

11. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I liked the Twilight Archon. It seemed a bit strange to me in SC1 that a creature like the Archon, a being made up of swirling psychic energies, born from two spellcasters, had no abilities of its own. I'd like to see the twilight archon with maelstrom and feedback. I'd say that's a good mix of spells and power

12. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    It did have a spell, it fired direct energy from its hands. Its just gameplay wise that was its normal attack.

13. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    and it has feedback, correct me if im wrong, but i dont think they ever took it back from the Archon

14. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Theres no feedback.

15. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    ok, i just skimmed through all the batches and in Batch 9 Karune says

Will the Twilight Archon have abilities?

Yes. In the BlizzCon build, the Twilight Archon had the feedback ability. We are still doing much work on this unit, so none of this is final.

and i even looked further but didnt find anything else about that being changed, but you can look through them again, just in case that i missed something.

SOURCE: http://www.battle.net/forums/thread.aspx?fn=sc2-general&t=1&p=1&#post1
    then scroll down to batch 9

Last edited: May 26, 2008
  16. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    Ask your self howold batch 9 is :]

Believe me or not, but they did remove feedback.

17. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    until i see that Blizzard verified that feedback was taken out, i will continue to think that feedback is in on the Archon, besides i wont be disappointed if it is not in the game, its just that was the last i heard of it.

18. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

Hyperion's cantina.. *BURP*
    The feedback ability is long gone from the SC2 Archon.. they took it off when they changed the name back to Archon, from Twilight Archon. I'm sure they will add a skill to the "Archon", maybe a Berzerk Rage skill??!? I think it will suit up pretty well on the Archon thinking they are the ultimate warriors of Protoss, the embodiment of their rage etc :p With the berzerk active, they should do more damage and also take more damage or maybe 1 or 2 shield points (balance needed) to be drained per second from the Archon while Berzerk is active.. What do you guys think? Cheers

19. freedom23

freedom23 New Member

I still propose for the maelstorm comeback.. even if its a slight chance, the odds are on the T.archon's side anyways coz theres a definite missing spot for that.. I like maelstorm more than feedback coz its on a good synergy with other protoss skills especially the psi storm once those multiple organic units are swarning you..

20. AlexBlaze

AlexBlaze New Member

Hyperion's cantina.. *BURP*
    agree with you on that one, freedom... they should get maelstrom back on the archon