Anyone want to play Dota?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by JBL, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Anyone want to play Dota?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by JBL, Jul 13, 2007.

1. JBL

JBL New Member

Dota is the only game I'm playing right now.. and since I left a while ago and just came back to play a bit.. well I only play public games..

so I was wondering if it would be possible to do in house with other forum members..

anyone is interested?

2. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

dota is for nubbies! xP
    j/k it's the guys who call dota 'micro' who are a bit over their heads >=D

i would play dota if they made the venomancer a bit more useful =/ that hydralisk seriously sucks so much ass whoever created dota hated starcraft i mean seriously p-damage ftl? it sucks early/late game, and the mana/recharge for p-strike and p-explosion thing z0mgs wtf? lol.... =/

3. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Venomancer can deal over 1400 damage with his combo and u say he sucks? plz note this doesnt include normal attacks which are easy to get in since Shadow strike slows and so does his passive poison. were talking about 2000 damage from his combo. All you need to do is get a lil health early (3 bracers works) treads and get Buriza works every time really well for me.

go to channel xDs or if u see nobody there go to channel clan hk

my name is iPod[xDs] im in a dota clan S T A R]C[R A F T

4. JBL

JBL New Member

my account name used to be "ill" but i lost it.. :(

now i'm F_ck@azeroth

both those channels are empty..

i'll try back later..

5. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

exactly. 2k damage only around level 20 (if you can even survive that far) and takes like nearly 10 seconds for all damage to inflict. if enemy had heart of tarrasque (which they usually do) then lol gg. only good in massive 5v5 team battles if you get lucky catching the whole team pushing 1 lane. plus you can easily survive it with boots of travel/tp back to heal before enough damage is dealt unless you're intelligence or if it gets that monkey bar axe thing. it has two stupid useless skills and its short range + slow projectile travel = more difficult at lasthits/denies. it's useless against strength heroes at nearly all stages of the game and most other intel/agility heroes have much better spells and strategies in team games and 1v1s.

although i guess i should mention that im a complete n00b to dota though since ive only played like 6 rounds so.... -_-
    but ive also asked a few of my friends who seem pretty damn good at bn public "pros only" games and whether they're really pro or not, they all say venomancer sucks, even in massive team battles. mainly cause they said it got nerfed too horribly.

EDIT: also just read a few strategy guides for the venomancer and....not impressed =/

6. JBL

JBL New Member

venomancer would be very effective in 3v3 om.. it's like a more powerful version of viper in this type of game.

public games are full of noobs.. you gotta ask ih pros

7. Lemonparty

Lemonparty New Member

What's so awesome about DotA? I always tought it's for people that don't want to play a MMORPG so they play a hero in a RTS. I'm probably wrong but what's the fun in it =[?

8. JBL

JBL New Member

nah it's not for people who doesn't want to play mmorpg.... well.. maybe for some of those..

the thing is.. in mmos you keep your char when you stop playing.. and the items worth a lot.. etc.. and you always play the same hero(s)

in dota.. there are like 80+ heroes and you can play a different one every 30-60 minutes.. and level as you pvp (nothing is gayer than lvling.. but in dota it's pvp and lvling at the same time..) there are many item and skill builds per heros.. many ways to play them.. and it's really a teamwork game.. unlike the rpg, items doesn't worth real life $ so.. you can often see players helping each other item wise.. when they know it would be better for the team to buy this or that item for this player..

when you play "ih" (in house) games.. with people you know.. it's really easy to make some amazing teamwork combos and really fun strategy to screw your opponents..

the best of all is, after the game.. you just hit alt+f4 and go back to real life.

when you aren't a game playing nerd, this is really a big plus.

9. DontHate

DontHate New Member

Eh i used to play Dota but i was a bit of a noob.
    razor ftw!

10. JBL

JBL New Member

haha ok..

yeah i remember played razor.. but.. seriously.. he's not that great..

you should try viper.. he's a bit like razor.. but much better.. you slow and u kill.. the ultimate is really good in 1v1.

i'm a noob too.

11. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

heaps of aus/nz pros only rooms are filled with friends and lanners sitting next to each other. i just had a few 4v4 4v3 games today with my friends lol flark dota is getting addictive even though i still despise it -_-"

but so far from the people ive talked to about venomancer seems to have a ratio of: unfavoured 2:1 favoured

venomancer seems only good as support with his strike dagger thing
    and only once did i shine with him! enemy team-push midlane, venomancer *blinkdagger* *poison nova* BOOMM!!!! my team comes in to finish off ^.^

SA ftw

12. JBL

JBL New Member

i suck so much that i got owned by viper, being enchantress in a 3v3

yeah of course, in 3v3 viper has a neat avantage due to his 1v1 superiority..

and yeah.. I was on the phone from 15min to the end..

but i sucked from start.

i'm posting this because it's very lol when you know that enchantress is like.. the best counter to viper.

13. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

i dont even know what heroes those are lol.
    is enchantress the floating lady wearing a dress and circlet and casts fire?

14. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

where do you guys play dota online? warcraft bnet? does it require an original cd key? bnet.

i only play on internet cafe, Lan. there are 100 computers all in all in that cafe and all are playing dota. yah, you never run out of server.
    im good at using lina inverse. i micro her so well using dagger and her killer skills combos. i also like sven using mom, buriza, and 1 bracer and null as hes core items.

15. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

no thats lina.

the enchantress is the female centaur. the dyrad in warcraft.

i also like playing davion, i give him linken, hyperstone and buriza. 8)

16. JBL

JBL New Member

yup i play on useast.

i never played sven...

but i played lina and i suck with her.

17. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    anyone here play dota using gg client?

18. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Lol ONLY 2000 damage at level 20. And duh heart is the best counter to pretty much every heavy nuker but seriously... were u fighting 5 strength heros?

19. PowerkickasS

PowerkickasS New Member

lemme think:
    there was
    luna
    morphling
    phantom assassin
    and maybe sandking?

i still got my ass kicked that round they all kept targeting me lol thank god for my pro dwarf king friend hehe

20. josh

josh New Member

In Our House
    magina still rules. lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.