Anyone else playing terran has this feeling?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Sep 19, 2007.

Anyone else playing terran has this feeling?

Discussion in 'Terran' started by DKutrovsky, Sep 19, 2007.

1. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

I feel so good about terrans right now, just need to see if the firebat's coming or not(hopefully it will).

But i just want to say to all protoss and zerg : BRING IT ON!

2. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

yes, the terrans are very sexy right now

3. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

go terran go, keep on da burning

4. Gen

Gen New Member

With reapers and the ghosts new snipe ability terrans look like the ultimate base harassers. Snipe a hydralisk and your ghost already paid for itself.

5. Quanta

Quanta New Member

I don't really care if they bring bats back or not, I never really used 'em.  Other than that, I'm happy.  Especially about the Banshee.  Some people hate it but I can't wait to use it to raid workers.  Wraiths did an OK job taking out people's economies since cloak gave you a chance to get into their base, but the bad AG dmg made it hard to do serious damage before it was time to run.  Banshees won't have that problem.

As for can snipe one shot a hydra, I don't know, I forget how many hp hydras had.  At the moment I think snipe does 150 dmg.  I'll look up the hydras SC1 hp.  However, I can say one thing, we shouldn't expect the damage done by snipe to remain the same.  That is something that would likely be tweaked in balancing if they found it to be over or under powered.

Edit: I looked it up and hydras had 80 hit points, so if snipe does full damage to them and if it is still 150 dmg at release and if hydra still have 80 hit points then yes, snipe will one shot a hydra.

6. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

Snipe can even one shot a Zealot,if it goes right through the shield.if not,one normal shot and one snipe shot is more than enough

i was wondering if this will make Terrans overpowered against the Zerg,but then i realized:who in their sane mind would mass Ghosts ??

it's a bit early to say bring it on,since we have seen nothing of the Zerg,except for the Baneling,but i do believe the Protoss are in serious problems against the Terran.EMP shockwave + Battlecruisers = dead protoss army.

and that's cool ^^

7. kenshin72

kenshin72 New Member

They are really soo much better than in sc1 omg man i always thought of an infantry unit that has jetpacks or some sort of levitation. and the vikings way more that i expected. i thought goliath will only have a nicer look but dang LOOK AT THAT THORR

im gonna play terran as my first race

8. b0urne

b0urne New Member

I'll probably get raped for this, but...

GO PROTOSS!!!!!

Protoss> > > Terrans IMO, and i'm getting real excited about all the new mechanics i'm going to have to master

9. Quanta

Quanta New Member

You say that now, but just wait until you go through your first banshee raid. Those poor sad little probes won't stand a chance.

Howver, I do like all the new stuff they did to the Protoss. The phase cannons are cool and the immortals are probably going to be a dominant force in tier 1 and eraly tier 2. The warp rays also look extremely powerful as do the pheonixes. However, the Terran will still get EMP and half the battle against Protoss is getting through their shields and EMP makes that so easy.

10. DE.50

DE.50 New Member

Washington
    I feel like the reaper or viking raid will be much easier to do and more devastating. Also, Immortals are tier 2, and they would be fairly useless tier one anyways since almost all tier one units do less than 10 damage.

I am really excited about the new mobility of the terrans. I am most excited about the cobra, if it gets a speed upgrade they are gonna be so deadly.

11. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

we dont know if EMP will be back, for now its not it the game

12. Ych

Ych New Member

EMP is still in the current build (BlizzCon Build).

As for the Protoss been in serious trouble, I believe that it's the other way around. According to many reports of the people at BlizzCon, it was the Protoss that proved to be imbalanced. People were complaining that Phoenix were overpowered. Hopefully, that has been changed in the recent build.

But even then, Protoss and Terrans would be pretty evened match if we analyze the matchup. Batch 14 tells us about warping in DT's while cloaked. If the Protoss rushes for DT and catches the Terran off guard with that, it would prove to be gg right on the spot. Not to mention, Twilight Archons are gonna pwn now because of their Feedback ability.

Ghosts, BattleCruisers, Nomads (will be a race to see if Nomads EMP the Twilight Archon first or Twilight Archon feedsback the Nomads first), and Banshees would need to be extra careful when the Protoss has some Twilight Archons around. Because 1 feedback could prove to be fatal for any of those units.

13. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

i am loving the Twilight Archon.it was my dream ever since Brood War to have an Archon with strong attacks and powerfull spell(s) he will be lethal to any caster,it will be specially fun to put it against Nomads,because of what Ych9 said,but it will be very effective against Ghosts as well

Terrans have more hard hitting units, but the Protoss spellcasters were always the best...

14. Patuljak

Patuljak New Member

Slovenia
    Refresh my memory, the Nomad gets defensive matrix, nanorepair aaaaaand...?

15. Vindicatormsc

Vindicatormsc New Member

EMP Shockwave,it's the New Science Vessel,it just lacks Irradiate...and this lack of Irradiate is BAD.i want my Irradiate back!!!

16. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Agree,nothing like having 5-6 science vessels vs a zerg, even a toss, to kill those pesky templars/zealots

17. TerranGod

TerranGod New Member

yes i have those awesome feelings when i first saw how banshees attack
    goddam...i was so happy...

but now i cant decide if im better with terran or protoss...i personally like terran better but i dunno...

zerg...im good at it but not as much as terran/toss
    meh...

18. DKutrovsky

DKutrovsky New Member

Terran god that is SO FREAKING FUNNY, i lmao

RED SAUCE ON PASTA! lol

Anyhooo, im terran 100% no matter what.