Another are my specs ok thread? :x

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by SunSchein89, Jul 8, 2010.

Another are my specs ok thread? :x

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by SunSchein89, Jul 8, 2010.

1. SunSchein89

SunSchein89 Guest

Really wanting to get this game when it comes out, but I just looked at the minimum system requirements on gamestop and blizzard's site, and now I don't know if I'll need to upgrade/get a new computer. Here's what I got right now...

Windows Vista Home Premium
    Intel Core2 Duo CPU T7100 @1.80 GHz
    2 GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 6800M GT

This is all on a Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop. The processor worries me the most. If I do need more power, I was thinking of buying a desktop computer and hooking it up to my 32" tv in my bedroom. Would I need a more expensive setup to make it look half decent on a screen that big? Only really aiming for medium settings here. Do you think I should just get a regular monitor to go along with the computer to cut down costs if this is the case? Hoping to leave it up to the pros on this one, what do you guys think is my best bet?

2. aem1

aem1 New Member

Cali
  3. SunSchein89

SunSchein89 Guest

Thanks for the link. Saw a few other threads here that didn't have this link in any of the replies and I was in kind of a hurry when posting originally. Hate to clog up the forums when answers can be found in a sticky :(. Looks like I should be alright, but just to make doubly sure, even though it says intel core 2 will run it fine in the thread, 1.8 GHz behind it is still plenty? It is a duo too, so I'm assuming that means it's 2 CPUs as well?

4. Mako

Mako New Member

Yes a dual core has 2 cpu's. So you should be able to run it on medium or low decently.