An idea to make the radar tower... useful =]

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Meloku, Nov 4, 2007.

An idea to make the radar tower... useful =]

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Meloku, Nov 4, 2007.

1. Meloku

Meloku New Member

I feel the radar tower, as it stands, is not powerful enough. You will see units entering your base literally seconds before they get there. To make it useful, I propose this idea.

The radar tower should have a siren when units enter its proximity, and the siren should be not only proximity (other players can hear it when their screen is close) but the commander controlling the tower should hear it no matter where he is.

The siren should not go off until the enemies are removed or the tower is destroyed, I think it would give a cool feel! Siren should not be loud and annoying, but sound cool!

Tell me what you think.

2. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    i believe what you suggested is already in the game.

3. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    indeed it beeps when units enter the radar, so i would get a zergling and just set it on a continuous path over and over again, passing over the radar.

4. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    ...unit a marine kills your zergling.

Anyway, the radar tower already alerts you to enemy ovement before they get to your base, what else do es it need?

5. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    indeed, it could have a upgrade maybe to lengthen the range of it, upgrading it into the other model, which everyone loves, but besides that..

6. marinefreak

marinefreak New Member

Australia
    Does anyone know if units which are detected by the radar will also appear on your minimap?

7. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

yes, for evidence watch that one demo video where it was the red terrans vs. blue terrans

8. TerranGod

TerranGod New Member

that would be kind of annoying...

beep!

and the opponent can take advantage of that and get a unit and go in and out repeatedly until you get pissed off and leave the game

9. Heavyarms2050

Heavyarms2050 New Member

its all about the mind games!

10. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    The beeping wouldn't bother me.

Solution: just send a unit there and kill it.

However, I can see how the tower would be used to trick the terrans into a diversion tactic. Send a few units to the south of the map while the rest of the army is placed in the north. Put the small southern army into the site range of the towers and wait until his army arrives to attack it, then send the northern army down and while his army is killing the small force you abandoned, your army would do some damage before his forces could get back to counter.

11. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    It would be a really great way to pull of a feign since the thing will make the same noise weather it is one unit or a whole army and the time that the person spends checking on the intruder alert gives you time to slip into the other side of the base.

I wonder if there will be a minimap warning to tell you which tower is detecting enemies. I hope so because checking all of them would take too long

12. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    I bet it would. It would probably show where on the map it is by using the shrinking boxes what are used in SC to indicate where a unit was produced, building built, attacks, and upgrades finished.

13. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

You know something I would like to see for the noise point on the radar tower is just make it beep when like... 6 or more guys are coming. This would decrease the set of factor a great deal, and if you hear it go off you know its proabably a real attack and it needs your attention. Oh and I guess I should put this or something will complain about it. No I'm not saying it only dectects 6 units or more like on the minimap it just makes the alert go off.

14. hillzagold

hillzagold New Member

i'd rather have it lazar a trench on the border of the sight range. fun factor ^2

15. carlsjr11

carlsjr11 New Member

im pretty sure there is allready going to be something like this except not a siren but a sort of alarm that triggers your units to attack w/e is sneeking up on u

16. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    I don't know if you heard that in the terran demo or not, it is not annoying, in fact useful. And the sound is nice too..
    Actually it stopped after the attackers came out the fog of war. So it is a good warning.

17. EonMaster

Black City, Unova
    Makes sence that it only goes off while in the fog of war. There isn't a need for them to do so when they would be visible on the minimap. I've seen the demo many times, but the beeping must be fairly low because Ican't here it, or maybe thats because I wath youtube versions of it.

18. Hunter

Hunter New Member

Hungary,Székesfehérvár
    Do you have the terran trailer downloaded? I can hear the "warning siren" in it. And it isn't too loud, so it won't drive you nuts:) (or they will cut it out of the game..)

19. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    What are you guys talking about? I didn't hear any kind of siren.... Is there a specific video I should be watching to hear this?

20. Thalion

Thalion New Member

I think that Siege Tanks should be able to 'attack ground' where Sensor Tower detected enemy movement. It's artillery. They don't need to see its target, just give'em co-ordinates.