Air barrage for the Thor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Godrey, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Air barrage for the Thor

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Godrey, Apr 3, 2008.

1. Godrey

Godrey New Member

so we know they got rid of the land barrage for the thor and they made him smaller with now the advantage to attack both land and air units. I like the idea of the barrage a lot i think it look really cool but i can understand why they got rid of it because the seige tanks do pretty much the same thing. So here is my idea.

Thor ultimate defense machine
    What they would have the power to do is barage the air. what it does is you click on the ability and trust me it will cost a lot of energy but it would be worth it. A lot of people use strong air things like battle cruiser and carriers. so you let them come into your base just a little ways and the unleash the thor air barrage attack. It would be an area attack. basically you get a red circle and you click where you want it to attack. Then it just start barraging the air where ever that is. So now that whole fleet of battlecruiser has to fly out of your base and will need some major repairs. this would give you time to A. go back and own there now damaged fleet and take over there base or B. rebuild more defensed incase that was just the beggining of there attack.

This also however would be good not just against heavy air units but also light air units. If there is an army of air units that is just owning your base barrage the crap out of them with like two or three thors. it would be really great for defense. They could also be used for the offensive also

Offensive
    Take them in with you along with some tanks and have the Thors take out the air units and have your tanks owning the ground. You could then use viking to make sure nothing get to close to your tanks and your tanks destroy themselves.

So what do you guys thing. I really really like the idea but i could be just full of myself and i am alright if you tell me that i just want to see something new and i like the barrage attack but this one is different then the tanks and it does have it weaknesses because the flying units can just fly out of the area and the thor wont have enough energy to do it again.

so what is your opinions????

2. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    They have it already man.

3. Godrey

Godrey New Member

they made that a thing for the thor?

4. Psionicz

Psionicz New Member

Under Your Bed
    They have flak cannons on their backs but I don't think its an ability. Their model just hasn't changed. Only the size.

5. Godrey

Godrey New Member

well i mainly wanted the to add the ability to do that. i think it would be just ballin to do!

6. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

We also have brought up this idea many times in discussions about the Thor - this is a duplicate topic.

7. Godrey

Godrey New Member

i didnt see it anywhere that is why i said it if you could give me the link to the thread that would be greatly appreciated

8. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

Sure. I actually made a post with this exact idea here (in the Viking section).

In either case, this would have been more appropriately posted in this thread, since it deals with the Thor in general.

9. Godrey

Godrey New Member

i allready posted this exactly there on the very end of it and they did really pay attention to it so i wanted to get it out there more that thread is about its size not its attacks

10. ninerman13

ninerman13 New Member

I know it can be frustrating sometimes if it seems like nobody is paying attention to your post - but we are reading it and more often then not no reply simply means we've already discussed it.

Basically, one of this forum's rules is not to start duplicate topics. While technically nobody has started a thread on a Thor Air Barrage idea, it is a duplicate of the Thor topic itself. There are other topics on the Thor besides the one I linked earlier as well.

Edit - like this one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.