Actor/Model File?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by Squid, Jul 30, 2010.

Actor/Model File?

1. Squid

Squid Guest

EDIT: After clicking a few random buttons I have discovered how to find the model files.
    I will post them here for any with the same problem:
    Step1: Go to the data window (F7) and click 'show object explorer' (the button that looks like a probe).
    Step2: Under this will be actors, models, etc. This is where the model files are kept.
    Step: Change the actors/models (don't forget to change the corresponding attack/death files!).

---------Original Post --------------

I have searched high and low although can't seem to find anything in the SC2 editor that resembles a model file from ye' olde War3 map editor. Can anyone help with this as I am fruitlessly trying to modify units and projectiles to look like doodads, abilities and other cool things (imagine the Bio-Dome gun! ;))

At the moment I am getting by with duplicating units although this is very time consuming without a base unit to be able to copy-paste then tweak (the 'default unit base' or whatever has no model file...:no:...that I can see).

Also I would like to take this time to formally tell blizzard that the editor is crap, they should of just made a few minor changes to the old one (manually editing rotations is boring).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2010