A Preview of Terrans from German Magazine coming next Wed

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Jul 20, 2007.

A Preview of Terrans from German Magazine coming next Wed

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Ych

Ych New Member

2. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    Re: A Preview of Terrans from German Magazine.

What is it with you and news Ych9!! Stop hording all the glory :p

3. Ych

Ych New Member

Re: A Preview of Terrans from German Magazine coming next Wed (Need Clarification)

Haha, the problem right now is, it is not confirmed if that post was reliable or not. I tried looking up, but I found nothing because I don't understand German.

If someone that can clarify and help me out, that would be great :).

4. capthavic

capthavic New Member

Re: A Preview of Terrans from German Magazine coming next Wed (Need Clarification)

I second that motion. Let someone else get the attention.

5. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

Ych9 is just on the ball. I think it's great that we have someone who manages to know everything before anyone else on the forum so he can inform all of us. Imagine if he weren't here, we might not even have heard about the new Terran units haha.

6. Exvasion

Exvasion New Member

Re: A Preview of Terrans from German Magazine coming next Wed (Need Clarificatio

I know this probably won't be so helpful, I only know a very small amount of german, but what the hell. I'm using this link btw: http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/spec...starcraft_2_interview_mit_dustin_browder.html

Dustin Browder is the lead designer of Starcraft 2. He started with Blizzard on March 14, 2005, previously he worked for Electronic Arts on other projects such as Battle for Middle-earth.

Dustin, Starcraft 2 is not especially innovative. Why did you orient us so little(?) in the beginning and abandon world-moving(?) changes?

Dustin Browder: Hey, don't be unfair (I translated this wrong at first :-\). We are currently working on innovations that we haven't discussed yet - for example in battle.net and the campaign.

The essence(?) of the game remains fairly easy, for example, why is there no fourth race?

Dustin Browder: Because we have undertaken to work-out and expand the differences between the three races. Because the fundamental differences of the parties in the original starcraft was one of its best features. We believe we can accomplish this awesome task.

How do you plan to do this?

Dustin Browder: With the new unity and specialization. Just think about the warp-talent which gives the protoss wholly new tactical potentials. Plus the terrain plays a greater role, since several troops can easily step over heights, for example the protoss colossus.

I can't vouch for how accurate that is, since I only took 1 year of german in high school, although I did have a really good teacher :thumbup:. That was just page one of the interview (there are three on the link), doesn't seem to offer much new, I will only do the other pages if anyone finds it helpful. Sorry, I wish I could give a more accurate translation.

7. Alukard

Alukard New Member

Re: A Preview of Terrans from German Magazine coming next Wed (Need Clarificatio

thank you..its not anything new but its something.. :powerup:

8. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

12 pages sounds insane

9. Ych

Ych New Member

Thank you Exvasion :powerup:

That was indeed, very helpful.
    Looks like this isn't a hoax afterall. I'm going to change the title name.

10. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

ych9 should be a news poster, however there are already a couple, theres not enough info to have a group of 5 lol

11. Ych

Ych New Member

Thank you for the heads up guys.

Althought I would love to be a News reporter, I don't think it will suit me. I am currently in college and there are times that I will be too busy to keep things up to date. Although sometimes, I will be free like these days to research places to see if I could find anything new, I might not have the time to do that everyday.

So maybe in the future, I might not be as active as these days, and therefore, I wouldn't make a good news reporter. :(

But thanks for the heads up guys. :)

And of course, if I find any news about anything releated to SC2 and has not been mentioned, I will post it.

12. Meloku

Meloku New Member

an awesome find, thanks much.

13. Hadean

Hadean New Member

Hamilton, Ontario
    You were able to translate all that from one year of highschool german? What the hell. I was the best student in my class for two years, i have a german mother and I still had no idea wtf any of that said.

14. Ych

Ych New Member

Awesome man.
    Thanks for helping me clarify and search for it. :powerup:

15. Exvasion

Exvasion New Member

I had to use my german-english dictionary constantly, and many words I just guessed from context, or skipped over.

16. ZiiDriX

ZiiDriX New Member

:powerup: For you mate :D Nice you always find the shit :p :good: :thumbup: Ych9 Is Da Man xD

17. Exvasion

Exvasion New Member

Here are pages 2 and 3, once again a very rough translation.

How did you decide which ideas to put in the game?

Dustin Browder: We're not building on random changes, rather we're making ideas in advance, if they are meaningful. Then we test them painstakingly - and when things don't satisfy us, we throw them out.

But with the warcraft series blizzard was braver. The third part (meaning I guess, wc3) made a huge stride ahead and stood out with having heroes that collected experience. Why does the Starcraft series make a smaller stride? (sounds like someone wants "warcraft in space")

Dustin Browder: Starcraft 2 should maintain the same game style of the original: The first one is a truly classic real-time strategy game and is for that reason an outstanding basis for a follow-up without any radical changes.

The first Starcraft was regularly honoured in south korea, with television screens broadcasting over live parties. Did you have any anxiety that the fans there would turn away from a very uncommon and innovative follow-up of the previous.

Dustin Browder: That had nothing to do with anxiety. And not just with Korea: world-wide there are millions of Starcraft fans. They did not want a turn-around(?) follow-up, but rather one where they could enjoy the classical virtues of Starcraft. But Starcraft 2 will be more than a pure rehash of the first one, with fresh new unit types and abilities we are giving a better game experience. The fans may at length create entirely new strategies.

Starcraft 2 is expected to be for sale in 2008...(I guess he got interrupted)

Dustin Browder: Hold on(?) I have not said that. We will release it when it is completely finished.

Rightly so. But when Starcraft 2 is released, will it then not technically be obsolete? The graphics seem to already have the proper polygon level. (see this I'm not sure about this, recht seems to mean "proper" in this context but the addition of "arm" at the end of polygon - "polygonarm" - makes me not sure, since "arm" means poor, or scarce.)

Dustin Browder: The technological improvements of the Engine at the present, contain some new light and shading effects, as well as forceful explosions and dazzling laser beams. What people see on the screenshots, is still a long way from being finished. I believe that everyone who buys this game will shout "Oh wow, what a beautiful game!"