A new idea for replacing Marine's bayonets.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by IeatZERGs, Nov 23, 2007.

A new idea for replacing Marine's bayonets.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by IeatZERGs, Nov 23, 2007.

1. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

This is my first topic in this forum! ;D
    I got this idea from the polish guy killed by taser guns in Vancouver Airport. (MAY HE REST IN PEACE) :(
    Replace the bayonets with taser guns but way more powerful than the real world counterpart.
    So when those zerglings swarm at the marines, they can just zap them like bugs. lol

2. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    dude that is so cool, zap, man I would play terran more if we could do this, maybe make big polls sticking out of the ground that zaps any biological unit that walks through them

oh and it doesn't take many amps across the heart to kill a person, something like .1 amps or so which isn't a lot either

3. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Very cool idea. I acctually like it alot. It would obviously need to be balanced in there so it isn't too powerful, after all, Marines are only Tier1, but still, a great concept, and it could work well with Marines.

4. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

If the devs actually take this idea, (WHICH I HOPE) They should put the dead polish guy's name in the credits. lol

5. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    yeah maybe

they should have this as a tier 2 or higher upgrade though

6. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

To darkone.

obviously. cuz zerglings will be useless if marines could just zap them out in the beginning.
    Do you think the attack may paralyze the enemy is good idea?
    And like you suggested before, there should be electric traps, instead of gun turrets for nomads!
    ME HATE THOSE NOMAD GUN TURRETS! makes no sense cuz if nomad can build the turret in an instant, what's the point of scvs building missile turrets!! UNLESS, those gun turrets are not buildings but like those serpent wards <- the one from warcraft 3

7. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I agree, but it could be tough to balance even then. I mean, Marines are so cheap, it isn't uncommon to have two squads of twelve. 24 tasers would be tough to beat, regardless of your race, especially if it only had a short cooldown.

Mind you, I have no idea what the taser you suggest would even do. Point is, it shouldn't be too powerful, considering how cheap and plentiful Marines are.

8. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    i think maybe it could act as an emp against mechanical units by overloading there circuts

well it wouldn't effect archons at all because they are neither biological or mechanical units, maybe bigger zerg units like lurkers or ultras (if they stay) would be unaffected and most Terran units have range advantage considering that to use the teaser the marine would have to go melee

9. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

Alright! Ideas flowing everywhere! I love this forum! :)
    but the protoss mechanical untis may not be affected by it cuz their technology is so advanced that they can withstand the primitive (By protoss standards) electric projectiles. But who knows?

10. Alasdair

Alasdair New Member

Toronto
    maybe as a teir 2.5 upgrade, and it replaces the normal marine attack when a biological unit coming within 1/2 the range of the marine, its only able to use it once every 60 seconds and it passive (background could be because marines only use it when they're freaked out and the enemy is too close) and it paralyzes (unit could just fall over) for 1.5 seconds? during which time, the marine could be happily shooting away at the paralyzed guy.

But what would happen with zealots, id expect that they'd be able to charge half the distance of a marines shot (without U-286 rounds) and i doubt that marines could manage to get the taser ready and shot within the time it takes for light to pass 15 meters.

11. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    that only makes it an anti zergling weapon which wouldn't really be worth it

12. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

I had originally had the idea of an Lockdown against Biological units type thing. After all, Tasers are meant to stun and incapacitate. Thus, Stun Gun. :p That's what worried me about it. If the stun lasted too long, we have major imbalance because of how many Marines you could have. Other than that though, it's a good idea

13. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

so? Irradate is essentially anti-zerg spell, and EMP is ABSOLUTELY anti-protoss only spell.

14. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

thanx for compliments. and of course, taser stuns should not last long. it should be 1 second stun duration with 10% chance.

15. Overling

Overling New Member

Hmmm, I don't think so. Zergs are already an armored unit. Tazers wouldn't work on them. Otherwise, why use strong Gauss-rifles? Besides, Cobras already implement strong electrical attacks. So they got this as a weapon in a stronger fashion than it could be implemented in marines.

16. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

A one-second stun sounds about right, nothing too long, but enough to give them the edge against attackers. It should have a long cooldown between uses though. We could call it a recharge time or something :p

17. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

yeah Like those warcraft 3 spell cooldowns. maybe 5 seconds cuz 10% is pretty low probability.

18. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    not true irradiate will affect any non-biological unit regardless of race and the emp affects energy as well even zerg energy, besides i meant anti-zergling unit just that one unit not the whole race assuming that ultras would be unaffected

19. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    The idea is good and all, but... If you want to stun/slow down enemy units, use Cobras. This upgrade would make Marines and Cobras overlap. Also, it makes no sense that ranged units become most effective in close combat. If ya need a strong melee attacker, get Firebat (It should be the only melee Terran unit, except SCV) . If ya need stunnin, get Cobra.

This upgrade is like combining a Marine, a Firebat and a Cobra. :)
    Still, a good idea! :good:

20. IeatZERGs

IeatZERGs New Member

O RLY? I thought EMP took out the shields only. :(