A new archon and AA fighter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Anubis_theDark, Sep 9, 2007.

A new archon and AA fighter

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Anubis_theDark, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Anubis_theDark

Anubis_theDark New Member

Hi again. So here it is: most people have been complaining about the missing of the dark archon - so the twilight archon is formed from the melding of 2 templars dark or light - but what if the twilight archon could meld with a third templar - a dark one and create the Void Archon - wich is a powerfull unit armed with a void scythe and comes with a great variety of abillites - can carry only 3 but you may chose from lets say 6 possible ones - such as mind control , hallucination , feedback , and others. Has a medium melee attack with his scythe but his main role is a spellcaster. The great power is balanced by the fact it costs alot - practicly 3 templars requierd plus the abillites. The second sketche is for a second protoss fighter - a replacement for the old corsair - the Scythe - has a stronger attack but because of his large neutron particle accelerators has a lower amount of hit points. Shield would be close to that of a corsair. This is it for now. I'l be back ... :p

2. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Awesome drawings again
    Love the Void Archon!!!! Love the Scythe!!! Very Intersting!!! you deserve a :powerup:!!!!

3. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    We could just give a few more abilities to the TA

4. Alukard

Alukard New Member

lol i love the idea!!!! :powerup:

5. DontHate

DontHate New Member

cool, i like the pictures and they're very well drawn, but the toss don't really need another archon... i sort of want one becuase in sc1 there were 2 and in sc2 there's only 1... but it's not really necessary. also, the toss have lots of anti air. the pheonix for small air units and the warp ray for bigger ones.

6. Anubis_theDark

Yeah but i bet the warpray is going to cost alot, so te scythe would offer an alternative for those situations where you desperatly need a aa unit that can help but cots less , and these one would be hyper specialized in AA combat.

7. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    Really like the concept art for the archon and the flyer, i really liked the move mindcontrol i love having my allies be terran and zerg and controling groups of zealots and marines or cruisers and carriers. so fun.

8. -LT-

-LT- New Member

I like that ship in the bottom. :powerup:

9. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

I like the effort I like the drawing, however, whats the point? Are you filling a niche that needs feeling? Are you replacing a crappy unit that did nothing to help protoss? Or are you just "what if""This would be cool if we had this" ing ?

It seems like that last one to me. We don't need another Dark Archon-like figure because the DA itself wasn't that useful. You only used it against the computer or bad players. Now the Scythe on the otherhand might be useful because I believe Toss right now really needs a good anti-Air fighter like the Corsair. Many of the harder matches I won was using the Corsair.

10. Anubis_theDark

Why another archon - well the abilites of the dark archons were verry ussfull. Just because you didn't use it doesn't exactly means it wasn't usefull. I doubt you represent the 'all players strategy guide' no offence. Second the mind control and mailstrom abilites vere extremly usefull - imagine a big horde of zergs or terrans - mailstorm them and render them imobile and then finish them off with the psy storm of the high templars - one shoot lots of kills. Also the Void Archon would come with the possibilite of choosing form 6-8 possible abilites 3 that you think would help you the best in that match. This opens up a large number of strategies. The more choices that you can take the better for the game play.

11. Seradin

Seradin New Member

Aiur
    I really liked the protoss mind control ability, i used it when my friends played terran and zerg against computers id have them send me a builder unit that i would mind control and build my own terran and zerg army's in addition to protoss armys, unstoppable.

12. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

twilight archon and void archon, perfect!

13. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Ya know I can see that fighter being the new sleeker interceptor to go wih a new sleeker carrier

14. DontHate

DontHate New Member

yea, but what would be the difference? if there is going to be a new interceptor it needs to be diverse and have a different function. i think a scarab intercepter would rule.

15. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    I was comenting about the look of it not its functionality. If you would like to discuss functionality visit this thread

16. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Wait!! wait,, Interceptor ??? uhm so still remember the Tempest what is the thing that it produced isnt its an interceptor ???

17. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Its called Shurikens
    They are melee versions of Interceptors

18. BirdofPrey

BirdofPrey New Member

Arizona
    Yes I also remember everyone including me hated the shurikens. I also remember they replaced the Tempest with the Carrier by recoloring it and making new interceptors

19. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Shurikens Lol, uhmm... wait, so do you have any info, about the new ability of the Protoss Tempest or shurikens???

:)

20. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    The name Tempest was actually cool but their name for the new Interceptors sucks, it should have been called 'Sub-Tempest' ;)

@Protosscommander- The Tempest have uber strong anti-ground shield but they have no anti-air shield whatsoever