A missle by the Command Centre? Take a look

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Jul 25, 2007.

A missle by the Command Centre? Take a look

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Ych, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Ych

Ych New Member

Take a look at this new screenshot.
    http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/2283/ss1cl8.jpg

Notice beside the command centre, there is a missle shooting some sort of laser.
    Is that the new Nuke graphic that is about to launch? Or is that a new Terran weapon that we all know nothing of. But the missle is shooting some sort of laser at the Command Centre. What are your guys opinion on this?

2. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    It could be repairing the Centre. Possible new little happy go lucky building for Terran?

3. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    yea thats what i'm thinking cause there's a red lightning thing pointing towards the command center. Maybe there is gonna be some auto repair bot. Doesn't seem like a missile though.

4. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

or it might be the CC upgrading into the planetary fortress

5. capthavic

capthavic New Member

^^^ yeah thats what I thought too. It definitly looked like it was doing something to the command center.

6. Deadpool

Deadpool New Member

i think its just a repair bot mayb thatll be an upgrade or itll just be an automatic thing who knows

7. kehmdaddy

kehmdaddy New Member

I think it is repairing it. There is a doodad that looks very similar to this in the gameplay video that is shooting its laser at some minerals I believe.

8. Pix

Pix New Member

Mine, mayhaps? (That reaper ability with the mines)
    Why they would bomb their own Command Center is beyond me, but you never know... >.>
    ~Pix~

9. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

doesnt look like a missle, probably an upgrade

10. FlyingTiger

FlyingTiger New Member

CT
    oh right that's a good point I did remember seeing one in the first gameplay trailer. hmm interesting...

11. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    I'm pretty sure that is the CC being built, the machine on the side is there for its construction.

If you look closely, you see a frame around the CC.  You see the same type of square outter frame when missile turrets were built in the demo vid, there were also robo arms aiding SCVs in construction.

I think it's a CC being built from scratch and not a CC being upgraded to a Planetary Fortress, because if you look carefully the CC is incomplete.  It's missing is base, the "leg and feet" at its corners are not there.  Even from a top-down view, they would be clearly visible.

If you compare the models of the CC and the fortress, you can tell that there is no difference toward the base of the models.  The fortress does have one additional set of "feet" that are smaller than the ones at the corners, but that's about it.  The difference is mainly from the neck up, where the guns are mounted.  There would be no reason to break down the base of the CC just to built it back up to look the same, the upgrade work would be at the top of the CC not the base.

Here is turrets being built in the demo vid.  Note the frame and robo arm.
    [img width=400 height=360]http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6210/turretconstructionkz1.jpg[/img]

Here is the CC.  Note the same frame.
    [img width=440 height=340]http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/8127/ccconstructionia0.jpg[/img]

Here is the mystery doodad that looks very similar to the CC robo arm.  No idea what it is, best guess at this point is that it's just a doodad.
    [​IMG]

12. Ych

Ych New Member

Very good find Remy.
    That makes perfect sense and basically concludes this missile issue. Like you stated, the Command Centre doesn't have its feet and seems to be under construction at that moment. If that is the case, I'm loving every bit of the new graphic for building buildings for the Terrans. They look very detailed.

13. Lord David

Lord David New Member

Melbourne, Australian Continent, Earth, Sector 001
    So... what? Does this mean the SCV turns into that construction drone thingy!?!?! :D ;)

Of course not, the SCV is probably in the CC or off screen.

14. Chris Benoit

Chris Benoit New Member

I think it's neither a unit nor a building, just something aesthetic added to Terran buildings under construction that disappears once construction is finished. Like scaffolds around a building being constructed in some other RTS games.

15. Remy

Remy New Member

US East Coast
    In the case of the missile turret's construction, the SCV still hangs around doing work to it, acting like its welding stuff or whatever. So I would think that it'd be safe to say that there is a SCV off the screen somewhere building that CC. The robo arms are purely aesthetic, all just nice little graphical touches. They disappeared into the ground as soon as the turrets finished building.

16. Ych

Ych New Member