A look at the zerg compared to the other 2 races

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, May 27, 2009.

A look at the zerg compared to the other 2 races

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Bthammer45, May 27, 2009.

1. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Out of the 3 the zerg seem to be lacking in strength from what iv heard and seen so what do you think the reason is?

cost ?
    damage ?
    health ?
    upgrading tiers ?
    Other races being stronger for their cost ?
    unseen uses of the queen ?

2. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

unit production. it seems that from the start things seems to be even for a while and then it sounds like there is nothing useful at tier 2 and zerg seem to just shoot down hill from there.

I have suggested making the queens ability to spawn larva an auto cast since late game it would only slow you down from watching the rest of the field and doing other things. i'm suggesting make spawn larve a use ability until the zerg player reaches tier 3 then there should be an upgrade that turns it into an auto cast for late game production. now your asking how is that balance? the upgrade will increase the energy coast of spawn larve to 50 or 40. 25 energy+and auto cast and queen spam would be op.

It seems where zerg should have there numberless factor late game they dont. with the mass building selection causing you to click for every unit you want made + you having to reclick every time you want a larve from a queen thats TOO much work on a zerg players behalf. the queen late game becomes useless to a point were the other abilitys to spawn units (which is not even the main focal point of the other races) well stil be in use and greater then the queen.

People seem to think blowing an energy on a queen cause of an auto cast is the END of the world. seems like the start of propar balance to me. if your so concerned with queens in that case because of her other abilitys...Build another one... its not that hard of a concept. On top of zerg struggeling the other races have to go into balancing as well. the terran barrack seems like its got every thing covered and the murauder just has ToOoOoO MUCH life. protoss ground seems ok except the physical weak state of the colossus.

Either make zerg more spam happy again or fix the other races to where the few zerg units you have make a difference.

3. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    Only four words for you boy, we require more hatcherys.

4. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

This balances things?

5. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    No, but its like making another barracks, except you can make *any* unit as long as you have the upgrade. Unlike all the other races, dont have 1 main building that makes everything, so you dont have multiple buildings. Just saying.

6. darkone

darkone Moderator

Mississippi
    Late game zerg has always been hard to handle, unless you have like 15 gates.

A zerg with 6 bases, and 7 hatcheries, can get 200 pop back really really fast.

7. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Biggest thing i can see is the lurker being brought back to a tier 2 units and some of the zerg units like roachs and mutalisks reduced or adjusted.

Also a faster attack for the roach would help.

8. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

We haven't seen a wide range of games between players of equal skill.

I figure the zerg economy is a lot harder to manage. (Dustin Browder himself has a blue post saying this.) The zerg tend to start out strong, bottle up their opponents but fail to expand or tech; with only one expansion the opponent can tech up and destroy the zerg. (Also, it takes a long time for the first zerglings to come out; I presume to keep zergling rushes under control.)

Furthermore, zerg players tend to be timid or incompetent when actually attacking an enemy base, frequently throwing away banelings or running away from only three photon cannons that are warping in! (That last thing happened in the first Sonkie vs Yellow match, and of course that was the best time to attack.) At least the zerg player in Battle Report 2 tried attacking the enemy.

9. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

...lawl... i got 3 words for you... 150 vs 300

hum i guess i see a steal... Look i personal think zerg have a bit tomany options from the early game. after today the baneling is be detonated from a hot key/ click. why do i see this unit going to tier 2 all of a sudden? this would give the hydralisk its much needed spot back at its lower tier and giving us back and early game lurker that we soo badly wanted. Given that if you make queens over a nother hatchery you should have the 150 for a tech. with 2 gas ores there shouldn't be any real reason that teching wouldn't be needed or an option early out.

and further more! i would like to +1 Kimera757 on his comment about throwing banelings away. that unit alone is where the zerg start to go down hill. NO i'm not saying its a bad unit but if your using a 1 hitter quiter unit theres a chance they will fail to kill there target. its almost as bad as making it to lurkers in sc1 rushing to make them wasting all your money and some how the 7 or 8 lurkers u made all died before they even got to burrow...

besides the fact zerg economy is hard to manage since they have no way of increasing there mining like terrans and protoss and there expected to expand you dont need the option of ushering your own loss in faster with units like the baneling so early in a match. the Roach kills almost every thing it comes across early game so why is the baneling so important early game?? honestly it should be booted to tier 2.

10. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I think the roachs should have a fast attack and also have its cost made 75/25 kind of how hydras where in sc1

mutalisks have always seemed to be a bit costly but then again this may seem different in sc2

move lurkers to tier 2

take away the ability to click on multi barracks / gateways ect and spam units

11. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

nah that would help anyone really. the problem is if your going to add something to the game on all playing fields it should be fair in some way. and the system they have no to where you'll have to do mass clicks to get all the units you want is still going to slow you down as not having mass build selection.

also the damn zerg AA sucks BALLZ... atleast it looks like it does anyways. i'm suggesting that the currupters deal dmg over time along with converting dying units into zerg units. to be honest i would rather see a dying unit spawn a new scourge.

45 dmg vs light
    +45 vs heavy armored

and light air units only spawn 1 while LARGE air units spawn 2 or 3

12. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Ya and the answer they have right now is the queen but really its not that big when you compare to how fast terran and protoss can pump out units

answer i see is have the queen reduce units creation time to a max of 3 or 4 seconds at the 1 second per queen, make spawn larva a auto cast, and lower the cost of units like roaches, multas, and make the spawning pool cost a bit less and possible make its creation time a bit of a decrease.

zerglings should also get like a 5 point health increase with the speed upgrade.

as for ata I can see what your saying although corruptors are cheap maybe they should make them have a explosive attack, longer range and the corrupt slows units like the marauder does but hydras have the highest dps when its comes to gta

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  13. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

as for the massive decrease in unit coast some of them are ok but the spawn pool decrease.....no... no one wants that 6pool rush crap. its annoying and highly redundent. and the queen her self as is with out our suggestions she make production kin da worse with all that damn clicking you'll have to do. but with auto cast production of the units wont in crease just how many of those units is what were aiming for.

as for zerg AA, yeah hydralisk are strong but they just cant go everywhere like an air unit. as for the corrupters coast it can be change accordingly.

14. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Which is why I think it should return back to the original way it was minus the new queen.

15. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

if you turn it back to the way it was you would still have 1 race completely gimped because of this. How would protoss warp-in there units across a battle field if you have to click 1 warpgate reclick the mini map across the screen and do that every time u need a different gate way?

see your killing some one else for the coast of another race and it would be a hell of alot harder fixing warp-in without a mass building selection then simple giving zerg an auto cast. and lets not forget terrans would still be more powered because the reactor even with out mass building selection is still gonna pump out 2 of the main units.

16. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Na I can think of one now with warp gate you can click on one and it works for the rest and also the reactor could have another ability or the fact would stay the same but you wouldent be able to highlight multi barracks because this in essence is what gave the zerg the upper hand because you could select several larva.

17. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

meh, i dont see a differnece between having a single warp gate act for the others as you put it and a queen with auto cast as i put it.

18. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Im saying that 1 warp gate kind of acts for the rest but this works regardless of which ones you pick.

possible problem but possible not is warp gates all the way across the map would be included or warp games you don"t want to use

solution add only the warp gate you want via button and/or only warp gates in pylon power with the one you chose will work with this.

This will not effect the queen in terms of auto cast being on it or not but I think its a good idea to have.

19. vaughantel

vaughantel Guest

I think the queen larva mechanism is fine as is. Blizzard has pretty explicitly stated they want to force choices, and this is an example. You can more than double the larva production, but it requires more micro. For the protoss and warp in. You can build units faster and create where ever you want them, but there's no queue so once again micro required. For the Terrans, no micro required for using reactors, but your limited to basic types: no marauders, tanks, thors, banshees, ravens, or bc's.

I do think they need to move the hydralisk and lurker down tier, so that Lair tech actually means something. That's the biggest problem. They should also brink back Fungal Infestation; I'd hope they didn't give in to the nattering nabobs who think anything that actually kills is op.

20. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

I liked the old queen larva mechanic better (those larvae actually morphed faster, and could be moved around and even hidden in nydus worm systems).

That mechanic cannot be autocast however. The macro mechanic was designed to give the old-fashioned whiners something to do in macro, and if it's autocast they're still not putting that energy into anything in macro.