A look at the terran compared to the other 2 races

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Bthammer45, May 27, 2009.

A look at the terran compared to the other 2 races

Discussion in 'Terran' started by Bthammer45, May 27, 2009.

1. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

The terran seem to be the strongest at the moment so what would you think would balance it to the other races?

Cost ?
    health ?
    abilities ?
    upgradeing tiers ?

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  2. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    Fail, no offense, you double threaded. Its funny though O.O

3. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

If you looked at my edit I stated it needed a name changed from terran to protoss.

4. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    Ok, its still funny, sorry. XD

5. lvhoang

lvhoang New Member

Seattle, WA, USA
    LOL ok guys calm down, don't laugh too hard you're making my house crumble :D

On a more serious note, i'd say Terrans seem the most powerful ^^ (Thors, Marauders and BCs are whats come to my mind)

6. attackfighter

attackfighter New Member

I don't get why everyone thinks the marauder is so powerful, when it's weaker then the original SC's dragoon (and it's only slightly cheaper). Battlecruisers have been buffed a lot, but imo it's only so they can be as useful as the carrier. The thor look kind of bad to; it's super expensive and does less damage than a siege tank.

In SC you had to play Terran in a very restricted manner in order to be effective, I think that the reason Terrans recieving so many buffs is so that they have more options than just tanks, vultures and goliaths in 66% of their match ups.

7. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

The high AoE damage seems to let them pwn zerg, but the main issue is probably the better skill of that terran player.

8. LanceLeader

LanceLeader New Member

Canada
    Terrans kick ass.

New Siege Tank.

New Marauder Heavy infantry.

New Sniper ability for Ghost.

Medivac Dropship will keep infantry alive.

Command center can transport workers. Has its own Self-defense.

Thor, while powerful will still hopefully will be similar to its old self.

Yep, Terrain are going to kick ass.

Edit: Forgot, most important of all, The viking.

9. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

the life on the maruader is flat out too high. but thats not the only problem unit at that tier. its zerg counter part the roach is also too high. Make the maruader like 100 or 80 and make the roach lower aswell. and lower the coast acordingly. make them both 75m 25g. the stalker might need balance based on the nerfs of those 2 but then again it would give the stalker that big and scary feeling vs a roach and murauder that the protoss always had. as for the thor. its still useful vs massive air attacks. i would rather be pushing with tanks and 2 thors then build mass missle turrents every other 2 feet in game...

as for the BC idk. the thing has 3 different forms and just seems like if you make it to 3 or 2 and you get defence matrix and push them at the front of the final assult that would decide and win the game you'll win hands down. i just dont see any race spitting out enough fire power to counter something like that. can you imagine an army of BC's late game. if there requiering air from other races to take that on you can throw zerg out the window there aint nothing with enough life to with stand that BC onslaught and not even massive numbers will counter this cause you can make all or half of your BC into the air to air assult BC and wipe out basicly anything. Protoss my SEEM like they stand a chance but i'll tell you now if you line up your BC's right and you put the defnece matrix BC's first those will suck up void rays and give enough time for the yamatos to come raining down or even the anti air fire BC's to spam there air aoe rape-fest. The possiblitys are near endless. not even mass Carriers is going to be effective agenst BC's Mass yamatos would win. they did in sc1... massDefence matrix might give them enough time to focus fire you down. And mass anti air fire just seems like throwing a tug bot net into the ocean and catching everything in sight. they might kill your intercopters AND THEN your carriers.

10. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

Adding on to previous comments:

The new siege tank has been nerfed. Individually probably more powerful (some people have timed their attacks as being once per five seconds) but much more expensive. IMO this is a required nerf.

The first snipe report (from November ... 2007?) was awesome. It did 50 damage to biological units + 100 vs light units. You could insta-kill a high templar. However, now it only does 75 damage. Not even enough to kill a high templar. Lame. Still, a cool ability that will hopefully get beefed a bit in the future. (It doesn't need to do 150 damage, just enough to insta-kill an infestor or high templar, IMO.)

And battlecruisers are scarily powerful. When it rains attacks on opponents (eight of them, each at low damage), it staggers them (spaces them a bit). This enables the BC to not "overkill" a target. Suppose a battlecruiser is attacking a hydralisk that has only 40 hit points left. It fires five bolts (dealing 40 damage), killing the h'lisk. (Okay, probably one more due to regeneration, but I want to make the math easy.) The other three bolts hit something else. Sweet! Possibly overpowered, but sweet!

And they just "seem" better than the StarCraft I battlecruiser. I think you only need a few to kick ass with them. Smartcast makes the Yamato Cannon more useful than before (especially in aerial battles). Defensive Matrix would be useful for sieges. (200 extra hit points means ten extra missile hits, probably more actually given the BC's high base armor.)

11. LanceLeader

LanceLeader New Member

Canada
    Wow yeah forgot about the battlecruisers. They now fire constantly. It will be fun seeing them attack.

12. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I think its the damage compared to the other 2 races not just the health

Marauders (6 range with a 20 damage attack) to the , thors (60 damage versus ground), battle cruisers (64 damage versus their 25 damage in starcraft1 plus the upgrades they get) ect their all buffed with a huge damage buff compared to the other races when it comes to the cost of their units.

Their tech also beats the other units in terms of quickness plus the ability to spam units is also another reason they are so buff.

Marauders I think should get their range decreased so they have the role of the firebat instead of a buff marine.
    also look at it compared to the stalkers which does 14 damage same range almost same health but the marauder costs about 25 % less.

13. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

nah just nerf the damage of a marauder. Lower its basic dmg and either increase or leave alone his Bonus dmg vs armored targets.

14. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I just think its a bit more then just lowering his damage versus armored but maybe.

15. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

nah nah i mean with the dmg nerf not his bonus vs armored and all of that along with a life decrease and coast decrease. the unit in a whole needs to be toned down. but his 6 range is fine. if its any shorter then theres no point in him slowing enemys.

16. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

Yes it is he still can get in the frey and slow units if he has a 5 or 4 range but i do agree he does need to be toned down

17. lvhoang

lvhoang New Member

Seattle, WA, USA
    Like the Thor and the BC (defensive matrix for a unit that already has 600 hp WTF) who are overpowered..... I fail to see any Zerg or Toss unit with the same damage ;p
    and yeah, as Marauder looks like it is a replacement to the firebat, a range of 4 or 5 would be a very nice balance, considering its high HP.

Also, Terrans seem to have the units with the most HPs ^^ and firepower.

Everyone s gonna play Terran this time!

18. Renaughn

Renaughn New Member

^Yeah, I did notice that terran got the most HP and damage this time (w/ regard to cost and tier). Reminds me of my post before about how the terrans took the original protoss role, only since the terrans are cheaper w/ increased HP and damage, they went a step higher than the SC1 Protoss

Hmmm... I know this is a conspiracy theory, and I have never seen that many world cyber games (err... games), but I think the main reason the Terrans are getting the most buffs is because it is the most used in tournaments, and are the ones that usually win the championships.

*note again that I have not watched that many games

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  19. Bthammer45

Bthammer45 New Member

I really don"t know why the terran where boosted so much and the protoss where reduce.

Also this for example the battle cruiser is 600 health (800 with matrix ya) and costs 100 gas less then the mother ship and they do the same damage (unless you include the cannon or missle abilities) yet everyone calls for the mothership to become unique.

They call the collossus op in the begining but yet look at the thor its got 2 30 damage attack (versus anything) and its not effected by ata attack and not only that but the thor has a anti air attack with a huge range (10 is alot) and they both cost the same amount of reasorces (the collossus also takes 15 seconds more to build then the thor).

The stalker is a weaker shadow of its former self ya its got blink but look at its stats compaired to the beast of a unit the maurader if you compair it to the firebat ya it got a up in cost but its range got changed to 6, it can slow units without a upgrade, damage is 6 points higher then the stalker and their health is almost the same yet the stalker costs about 25 more resources then the maurader does oh and now they can bypass the immortals hardened sheilds.

There is also tech as the terran have the quickest tech of both races.

lol ya this was a rant :)

20. lvhoang

lvhoang New Member

Seattle, WA, USA
    yep sure :) we r gonna see a whole lot more of Terran players in SC2.
    I'd say, the terrans Units were the most worked on by the Blizz Team, the Toss a little less, and the Zergs do seem they are lacking a lot of things ^^