2 unit concepts for the Terrans.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by epo, Dec 2, 2007.

2 unit concepts for the Terrans.

Discussion in 'Terran' started by epo, Dec 2, 2007.

1. epo

epo New Member

Yo guys! Here are some unit concepts for the terrans. This is in no way serious, but I was bored so I sketched a bit. :p

So my first concept is a redesign of the unit now called the nomad. I recently started a topic about my dislike for Blizz decision to replace the Science Vessel with the nomad and I still think that the Science Vessel is cooler then the nomad. Well well, here it goes.

The Nomad re-design, it is based on the idea that the unit would be in its essence a construction crane in space. And it needs to have a cargo hold, to hold its new deployable stationary defences.

So the unit holds it turrets in the end of the ship. And the crane goes in to the cargo hold and picks up the turret, and then it goes back to the open and lowers it in position.

And I gave it adjustable rocket engines for the unit in concept to be able to land on the ground and get re-supplied with turrets and such.

2. epo

epo New Member

And my next idea is for a whole new unit, but kinda similar in design. And again this is just and idea, not a finished unit :p so go easy on me.

Epo is proud to present the “Terran Jammerâ€
    The idea is that humans are know for our cleaver plans and resourcefulness. So the terrans have designed a decoy ship that has the ability do distract enemies.

The ship has two abilities:

“Taunt†The Jammer activates its on-board psi-emitter and all nearby Zerg enemies are forced to attack this unit.

“Fortify Hull Armour†The Jammer expands its 4 main armour plates and between them a thin aluminium foil expands and on this net there are small deposits of nanites, that when activated starts reinforcing the foil, thus adding major armour to the Jammers right side.

But to activate the last ability the Jammer shuts down it engines to boost power to the foil and leaves it stationary.

So what do you think.

3. Light

Light Guest

The Nomad re-design is quite nice. The turret moving idea is better than just have it build random turrets.

The Jammer has a few tweaks...The 'taunt' is way too overpowered.
    But the fortify armor idea is interesting, I was considered maybe whenever the armor gets hit the unit who hit it gets an automatic damage of lets say 5.

Not bad!

4. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    Sounds intresting, but i mutch more just wanted the science vessel back.

5. Pyrodaimon

Pyrodaimon New Member

The new Nomad is really cool. Although, you have to work on your drawings ;)

6. Tavisman

Tavisman New Member

I like your drawing on the Nomad. It looks better than the current one, and I in fact kinda like the current one. Good work ;).

And don't double post. Try to separate your ideas differently, and in case you need to add something to you post, use the edit button. Double posting will result in a mineral penalty.

7. LxMike

LxMike New Member

Hi Epo, I like the normad idea , and I draw a model of your concept in 3D, I hope you will like it.

8. DontHate

DontHate New Member

hmm... it's pretty interesting but i don't really like it as much as the old sci vess. looks sort of like 2 semi's. What it needs to be is sleek and stylish, like futury, not all blocky like the sc2 nomad.

9. epo

epo New Member

LxMike... what can I say. Very Cool!

Great work!

And about the Double posting, my bad. wont happen again.

10. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

good job. i have a nomad concept too.. i'll post them later. xp

11. Ichirin

Ichirin New Member

The new Nomad design kind of reminds me of the Carryall from C&C LOL!

[img width=320 height=247]http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20000404/tiberiansun_05.gif[/img]

12. Tavisman

Tavisman New Member

You're right. They look very much alike, even though the nomad redesing would be much bigger.

13. DarkTemplol

DarkTemplol New Member

Great ideas, keep them coming, I love reading these concepts. :D

14. 10-Neon

10-Neon New Member

Gainesville, FL
    I am going to have to say that the Nomad redesign concept looks terribly generic. It looks exactly like a Kiith Somtaaw "Explorer" class mothership, from Homeworld: Catyclism (LxMike's version brings it even closer), like the UEF transports from Supreme Commander, and like the (previously mentioned) Orca Carryall from C&C.

If the current Nomad model has anything going for it at all, it is that it doesn't look exactly like a million other ships out there.

15. Maelstrom

Maelstrom New Member

Buenos Aires, Argentina
    Unfortunately I have to agree with 10-Neon here. However, this crane concept is really interesting. Imagine a Terran ship carrying something big like a Thor with a big crane lol

16. furrer

furrer New Member

Denmark
    What about making the Nomad able to carry the thor?
    Well the thor is bigger but...... u never now, or?

17. capthavic

capthavic New Member

hehe how about a Psi-Emitter Bomb? You launch/plant it, then it attracts any Zerg that enter its radius, and then BOOOOOOM! XD

18. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

pretty interesting. good work!

19. nEveR_LifT

nEveR_LifT New Member

You gave me the best idea! the terran should have an on field repair air unit that has more armor than a SCV and also has abilities i dk what they would be, maybe a flying under the radar sort of dealy, were friendly units affected by this ability are not on the minimap for a period of time.

20. OriginalSin

OriginalSin New Member

very good concepts if only Blizzard patrolled this forum D: i like your idea for the nomad it is smart that later on in the game you will be able to expand yyour turrets from basic defence to front line defence but this power could become easily abused i.e you could place loads of them around the entrance of the enemies base and then whenever they came out to try and destroy them they would get owned by 30 turrets that would cut them off from expanding that is a very stupid flaw in your logic though i do like the fact that you are expanding on a pretty boring race one thumb up xD