2 Dark Templar Face Mirror !!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Protosscommander, Sep 12, 2007.

?

Which of the 2 image of the Dark Templar is you like most is it ...

1. The Present Dark Templar?

100.0%
  2. The Past Dark Templar?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

2 Dark Templar Face Mirror !!

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by Protosscommander, Sep 12, 2007.

1. Protosscommander

Protosscommander New Member

Well my beloved Friends i would like to show you some images of the 2 Past and Present Dark Templar :)
    PEACE :thumbup:

The Past Dark Templar Image (With a Mask)
    [img width=90 height=90]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a155/kjpdude/dt.gif[/img][img width=64 height=64]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/Leonhart576/zdt02.gif[/img]

The Past Dark Templar Image (Without Mask)
    [img width=320 height=240]http://scinbg.headoff.com/FanArt/darktemplarhead.jpg[/img][img width=64 height=64]http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t190/Leonhart576/zdt02.gif[/img]

The Present Dark Templar Image
    [img width=277 height=344]http://pic40.picturetrail.com/VOL271/9831178/17791977/277733365.jpg[/img]

2. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Nice work there bro and I like the present one , he look's like a stealthed kinda protoss unit or an assassin kinda person for the protoss :) , keep up the good work man (pUP!)

3. moobox

moobox Member

Although I do think that the new Dark Templar looks pretty good, I prefer the old look much better considering it's assassin role. The new Dark Templar looks like it should be a general heavy assault unit, not the stealth assassin that it is. Still, the new one looks good.

4. Protosscommander

Ya lol and additional ,its look like a Hybrid now right ??? :)

5. coreyb

coreyb Guest

Probebly because I can see it happening :|

6. b0urne

b0urne New Member

i like the old dt (the unit, not the image); it rminds me of Zero from megaman

7. coreyb

coreyb Guest

The picture with the mask (the first one) remind's me of the teenage mutant ninja turtle's , not exactly sure why tho :| , for some reason lot's of thing's remind's me of other thing's must mean I have a open mind , people with open mind's are creative , I am creative , perfect! :)

8. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    The Present Dark Templar face For The Win! because the old DT face looks a bit uh.... you know..stupid ;D

9. Ace_Bear

Ace_Bear New Member

Hey Protoss commander can you put the old DT's animation up next to the new DT's animation? I think that would look cool.

10. DontHate

DontHate New Member

they both seem pretty kickass. the taking off the ninja mask sort of symbolizes they're no longer hiding from everyone anymore, and they also look pretty kickass. the ninja mask is just awesome, however.

11. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

cant wait to see the new unit frame for the new dark templar. it would easily pwn the old ninja dark templar unit frame.

12. BnechbReaker

BnechbReaker New Member

i like the old face better

13. Trooper_Lozer

Trooper_Lozer New Member

I like the mask gives it more of a stealthy fellingm, this look smore like a rush up and bash em kind of guy...

14. Smokiehunter

Smokiehunter New Member

I like the new DT it looks well dark. the old one did look a little more stealthy but the new one just looks so cool and its mask with the teeth just looks alsome.

15. Shadow Templar

Shadow Templar New Member

The new DT, i have to admit, looks amazing, but I still like the old one better. The old form looks like the sneaky ninja it is. The model fit the role. This is not the case for the new one. The new DT looks like a heavy assault troop. I had the same problem with the spell breaker from WC3. It was a spell caster, yet wore heavy armor and carried a tower shield. On the other hand, the new DT also looks like a spell caster itself, with scythe that looks like a magical staff and the ornamental cape and all. The new DT cape is not sneaky enough! It should be a cloak, not a cape. NO superheros please.

16. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    This seems to be a difference in taste to me.

The new DT is heavier, more solid looking. For lack of a better term, he's gritty.

The older one is more of the "ninja" style.

So I say whichever type you prefer is what you're going to pick. Certainly, the new DT isn't going for any beauty awards.

17. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    The new DT looks so much more intimidating than the first. Although I guess it doesn't make much sense that a stealth assassin type should lug around all that armor.

18. Protosscommander

Yes the Past Dark Templar looks Assasin thats true lol :)

19. Darth_Bane

Darth_Bane Moderator

Seattle, Washington USA
    I actually have to say this the new templar just got armour thats all. It is light armour that has special propertys and it now takes a lot less psi concentration to become invisible and PLUS if you use the same amount you normally would use without the armour you can bairly see them at all (yes that meens you the controler) so EVEN IF they have a detector they would bairly be able to see it. To see what I meen go to the Dark Templar section on starcraft2.com.

Plus now their weapons are way cooler. Also I love the action shots I wish I could copy and paste them somehow but I do not know how so if somebody does please tell me. But don't you think this is a good design for it? I meen it is like a death assasin with a custom hand made armour with more skulls on his body than a graveyard it is so cool! I really like the new armour.

20. moobox

moobox Member

Death_Bane I'm not quite sure what you mean about the Dark Templars not being able to be seen by the controlling player him/herself, and enemies barely being able to see it even with a detector. I went to the Starcraft2.com website to the Dark Templar section like you said and can't find any information on it. Am I missing it somewhere?

Are you basing that information from the mini videos playing on the Dark Templar page on starcraft2.com? In the videos of the Dark Templars ripping up the Marines and a Thor, and tearing up the workers in a Protoss base, those are taken from the perspective of the player that the Templars are attacking.